We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

stuck in glittering caves storied tales

decided to try the storied tales route thru helms deep on this character playthrough.
    finished storied tale: helms dike, the deeping wall, the deeping coomb, the glittering cave,
    however, in the caves gimli tells me to talk to aragorn outside the caves.

there is NO leave instance.
    there is NO map (map of middle earth appears)
    every route I have tried is blocked by barricades or an invisible wall.
    there are no quest npcs.

quest log says book 13 chapter 9 glittering caves = talk to aragorn outside the hornburg.

so how do I leave the glittering caves?

Note that battles are taking place at different times, which can be changed by interacting with various objects that are standing by Gléowine. I think porting out returns you to the normal time. Aragorn should be in the 'Before Dawn' if I recall correctly (tipped barrel).

Edit: You should be ported out automatically. If this fails try right click on avatar and see if there is leave instance option.

I had this problem also.
    I just ported out (to The Shire) and then went back to Helm's Deep and the "Sunrise" banner.
    The next episode was there for me.

Bo
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

I was IN the instance. could not change the time. and there was no leave instance in the character menu where it usually is.
    didnt think about porting/map travel - there usually is some end instance mechanism to return to where you started

ended up ignoring the map direction indicator, wandered around the caves in the OPPOSITE direction and
    found a path out.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyShadow View Post
    I was IN the instance. could not change the time. and there was no leave instance in the character menu where it usually is.
    didnt think about porting/map travel - there usually is some end instance mechanism to return to where you started

ended up ignoring the map direction indicator, wandered around the caves in the OPPOSITE direction and
    found a path out.
    Grats on the perseverance.
    I gave up and ported out after looking for about 1 minute. I figgered that would be faster. I already had explored those caves and didn't want to do it again.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.

just reminded me of another very similar location:

YOU ARE IN A MAZE OF TWISTY LITTLE PASSAGES, ALL ALIKE.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyShadow View Post
    just reminded me of another very similar location:

YOU ARE IN A MAZE OF TWISTY LITTLE PASSAGES, ALL ALIKE.
    A Rusty Key for RustyShadow?

The grue will find you now...yer cover is blown.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Grats on the perseverance.
    I gave up and ported out after looking for about 1 minute. I figgered that would be faster. I already had explored those caves and didn't want to do it again.
    I'll admit that I remembered enough, from when it was cap and we did it far too many times, how to get out. I just ran out and it was fine, but your way is a bit faster.