We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Major Bug Do Not Release

Hopefully get a blue name response, Guardian has not improved much at all with current BR notes, we need alot more as stated in multiple threads and feedback. Cappys are still light years ahead for main tank spots, in group buffs, IC rezzs, survivability, CDs, and recently you gave them much improved AOE taunts the 1 thing we had over them. Please let us know what we can expect, the silence is deafening and at least give us the direction you guys are planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tullkas View Post
    Hopefully get a blue name response, Guardian has not improved much at all with current BR notes, we need alot more as stated in multiple threads and feedback. Cappys are still light years ahead for main tank spots, in group buffs, IC rezzs, survivability, CDs, and recently you gave them much improved AOE taunts the 1 thing we had over them. Please let us know what we can expect, the silence is deafening and at least give us the direction you guys are planning.
    Whats the bug? Seems everything is working as intended unless you thought they intended to make guardians better than captains.

Lovely troll topic

Quote Originally Posted by laughatdo0m View Post
    Whats the bug? Seems everything is working as intended unless you thought they intended to make guardians better than captains.
    Better than Capp's NO I'd settle for 75% of a Cappy's ability.

Quote Originally Posted by squirle View Post
    Lovely troll topic
    Agree SSG is trolling us Guardian's.....

I understand the frustration but of course it's not a bug.
    Remember Guards had 2-2,5 years of soloing 6-man and even 12-man cap level content when their bleeds were off the scale. Coupled with their tanking ability, it was entirely broken. Yet took ages to get a fix or even a small "sorry guys for the inconvenience letting this one class stay unchecked".
    Hunter had 1,5-2 (boring) years of Barrage being overpowered. Personally, I took a break.

I don't want you to necessarily stand by and applaud captains but please realize it might be a year or so for any change.

Unhappy

true story!
    even the stoic bubble change is literally useless

I've NEVER seen an MMO company balance classes at such a turtle pace as the LOTRO team. They simply do not care or they are just incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgiles View Post
    I've NEVER seen an MMO company balance classes at such a turtle pace as the LOTRO team. They simply do not care or they are just incompetent.
    Did you seen any MMO company what HAVE balance classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    Did you seen any MMO company what HAVE balance classes?
    I mean WoW's done a pretty decent job. Pretty much any spec can do their role in that game, they just vary in effectiveness by about ~20%. Sure the class disparity becomes notable when you're doing 25+ keys but getting it right on that level is something of an unreachable level of perfection.
    ~ If all classes were equal people would actually have to start playing competently to get into groups ~

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    I mean WoW's done a pretty decent job. Pretty much any spec can do their role in that game, they just vary in effectiveness by about ~20%. Sure the class disparity becomes notable when you're doing 25+ keys but getting it right on that level is something of an unreachable level of perfection.
    WoW 4900 developers. Lotro 20 developers. I sure 20 people can do same amount of job as 4900 people, right? And SSG can pay to 20 people same amount money, as Blizzard pay to 4900 people, right?

WoW 4900 developers. Lotro 20 developers. I sure 20 people can do same amount of job as 4900 people, right? And SSG can pay to 20 people same amount money, as Blizzard pay to 4900 people, right?
    What point are you trying to make? Sounds mostly like you're trying to be anti-class balance for some reason.

SSG don't need to crank out the amount of content that WoW cranks out. They don't need to revamp virtually every class with every expansion. They don't need to add totally new systems every single expansion. They just need to put a bit more time into actively working on classes and class balance. At the moment they just have a weird tendency to leave one class as OP for 1-2 years before they consider addressing the disparity and then when they do get around to it they decide to buff another random class up to the outliers level rather than just nerfing the outlier.
    ~ If all classes were equal people would actually have to start playing competently to get into groups ~

I can perhaps understand why you would think such. However, team size is not the same as product quality. I am a SCADA engineer, I design automatic software control systems for national electrical power grids. The team I am part of consists of five people and we outperform and outbid General Electric, Siemans and ABB ... indeed those giant multi-billion-Pound companies offload any work they win back onto us (thus doing it at a loss) because we are better at it than them.

There is no reason the LOTRO Dev team cannot aspire to such a status but I suspect they are not allowed to because LOTRO is now a milking machine - no costly input effort for maximum currency squeezed out. Expecting to receive and being willing to pay for an inferior product is, of course, any consumers prerogative. Many brands survive on such after all. But the line you choose for defence above is not one that holds water.

The problem SSG have is that their product is ancient and fatally flawed and they are not willing to undertake the highly costly task of rebuilding it so that it is not substandard anymore. We, my company, did it - we made a bespoke adaptable modifiable solution that answered all the industry requirements and we have, over twenty years, slain all the giants who would squash us. SSG could do the same but they are not willing to and playing a violin of sorrow for them because they are a small team cuts zero ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    What point are you trying to make? Sounds mostly like you're trying to be anti-class balance for some reason.

SSG don't need to crank out the amount of content that WoW cranks out. They don't need to revamp virtually every class with every expansion. They don't need to add totally new systems every single expansion. They just need to put a bit more time into actively working on classes and class balance. At the moment they just have a weird tendency to leave one class as OP for 1-2 years before they consider addressing the disparity and then when they do get around to it they decide to buff another random class up to the outliers level rather than just nerfing the outlier.
    Because I'm realist and I sure what Lotro too huge and too ancient, and too lack of resources to have any class balance. We have thousands and thousands of players, and everyone have his own ideas about how "balance" them. If you want to please one of them, you angry other players. Guardian players say nerf Captains, make Guardian better. Captain players say don't touch Captains, because you can't make Guardian better and just kill anything what can tank. Beorning players say forget about Captains and Guardians, just buff Bears. Warden players keep saying what Warden can be ideal tank. How you can make everyone good? Red captain lack of defence, yellow captain lack of damage. Developers need balance it or not? if not, why? Because it can be called balance too. Balance don't means every damage class can deal same amount of damage, or every healing class can heal same amount of damage. Or even every tank class can tank everything.

And if they need balance classes, they don't need to make it with expansions. They balance hunters without any expansion. They buff RK without any expansion and nerf RK without any expansion. It must be stand alone update without any rush, or they can screw it even more. Especially if they want to change something such important thing in combat mechanic as B/P/E.

Quote Originally Posted by Helwryeth View Post
    I can perhaps understand why you would think such. However, team size is not the same as product quality. I am a SCADA engineer, I design automatic software control systems for national electrical power grids. The team I am part of consists of five people and we outperform and outbid General Electric, Siemans and ABB ... indeed those giant multi-billion-Pound companies offload any work they win back onto us (thus doing it at a loss) because we are better at it than them.

There is no reason the LOTRO Dev team cannot aspire to such a status but I suspect they are not allowed to because LOTRO is now a milking machine - no costly input effort for maximum currency squeezed out. Expecting to receive and being willing to pay for an inferior product is, of course, any consumers prerogative. Many brands survive on such after all. But the line you choose for defence above is not one that holds water.

The problem SSG have is that their product is ancient and fatally flawed and they are not willing to undertake the highly costly task of rebuilding it so that it is not substandard anymore. We, my company, did it - we made a bespoke adaptable modifiable solution that answered all the industry requirements and we have, over twenty years, slain all the giants who would squash us. SSG could do the same but they are not willing to and playing a violin of sorrow for them because they are a small team cuts zero ice.
    Somewhere in the past some Lotro developer say what one of most time consumming thing in Lotro is getting ALL classes and puting all of them in combat parser against each other. One of reasons what they rarely touch Ettenmoors - because they must do it with both freeps and creeps. And Lotro always lack of testing. They don't have money to pay testers, and don't have time to find free testers loyal to product, who can work for free. Developers like creating locations, creating storylines, factions, but don't care much about how we can complete that instances, even when some raiding guilds move to other games, SSG can't stop and keep creating T4-T5 instances.
    Last edited by Elmagor; Oct 13 2020 at 07:28 PM.

Because I'm realist and I sure what Lotro too huge and too ancient, and too lack of resources to have any class balance.
    Being a pessimist is not the same as being a realist. It is indeed possible for LOTRO to do good class balance work, they just need to put a higher priority on it. Should we expect them to ever release a big single "All specs are now competitive" update? No. Can we reasonably expect balance work that shrinks the gap between specs a little bit each major update? Yes.

Balancing classes couldn't be so difficult that they don't do it except once every 2+ years. Tweak some numbers, move some skills around gated by skill tree. Problem is that they don't do it or do they listen to community feedback. SWTOR does a good job balancing three tanks that are each viable for raids. They're also much faster than LOTRO at balancing lol
    Last edited by mrgiles; Oct 14 2020 at 02:57 PM.

WoW 4900 developers. Lotro 20 developers. I sure 20 people can do same amount of job as 4900 people, right?
    imagine having enough time to balance a ton of classes this year and now do a whole 180 and balance pvmp in less than 2 months but not have time to fix guardians since 3 years ago now? nearing 4 if im not mistaken.

They also told us that guards are up for an update like 4-5 months ago now? They can do it, they just choose not to for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    imagine having enough time to balance a ton of classes this year and now do a whole 180 and balance pvmp in less than 2 months but not have time to fix guardians since 3 years ago now? nearing 4 if im not mistaken.

They also told us that guards are up for an update like 4-5 months ago now? They can do it, they just choose not to for whatever reason.
    That's right. They told you about update 4-5 months ago, while you thinking what they suppose to working on it for 3 years. And players complaining about guardian tanking in Remmorchant, what was released less when year ago. Something wrong with it, right? How about guardian tanking in Throne, Abyss, Anvil or new raid Bloody Threshold? You don't know for sure if they can do it or not, because you are not part of SSG

... You don't know for sure if they can do it or not, because you are not part of SSG
    Are you part of SSG? It seems you know a lot about what's happening inside. Or you just claim you know?
    Or you just want to shut up customers who are not satisfied with the product they purchase?
    So many questions...
    The Adventure of Markbjorn
    Guardian of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Markbjorn View Post
    Are you part of SSG? It seems you know a lot about what's happening inside. Or you just claim you know?
    Or you just want to shut up customers who are not satisfied with the product they purchase?
    So many questions...
    I just have some memory about what they saying in interviews, FB, Cord of the Rings and forum. And I never saying anything about what they must do or what they must not to do. I just talkin about what they can do and what they can't do based on something what happens in the past. I not satisfied with their product too, but I pretty loyal to Lotro and don't change it to other game, because it fits idealy in my daily routine based on time & money what I spend for it.

P.S. From Lotro Facebook: "War of Three Peaks arrives shortly! Stay tuned for more information in the coming days"