We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation LOTRO Paypal Payment not working

Greetings SSG,

I seems as though the recent payment change broke Paypal in-game.

I have tried to buy LOTRO points multiple times, on both Mac and PC, that result in the same error. When I click Paypal, a popup window shows up nearly blank and gets stuck there. Nothing is there for me to input any Paypal information.

As an alternative, I thought I'd login to the Market Store website and buy LOTRO points there, but when you click on the LOTRO Points link, nothing is there. Can you no longer buy LP from the Market Store?

It would be nice if you'd allowed a feature to gift LP, because I have a lot of LP on my primary account, but I can't give any of it to my alternate accounts which is where I'm trying to buy LP but can't due to the whatever broke the payment system.

So where can I buy LOTRO points?
    Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Lossenor View Post
    Greetings SSG,

I seems as though the recent payment change broke Paypal in-game.

I have tried to buy LOTRO points multiple times, on both Mac and PC, that result in the same error. When I click Paypal, a popup window shows up nearly blank and gets stuck there. Nothing is there for me to input any Paypal information.

As an alternative, I thought I'd login to the Market Store website and buy LOTRO points there, but when you click on the LOTRO Points link, nothing is there. Can you no longer buy LP from the Market Store?

It would be nice if you'd allowed a feature to gift LP, because I have a lot of LP on my primary account, but I can't give any of it to my alternate accounts which is where I'm trying to buy LP but can't due to the whatever broke the payment system.

So where can I buy LOTRO points?
    Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

I don't know if you've seen this post by the Community Manager or not: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...tice-of-Change

Hope you get a better reply than mine!
    Laergwend (Mini) - Gladden dweller!
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil
    RIP Ithil
    Nov, 8 2018 - May, 21 2020

Thanks, I read the article already. It says I may have to re-enter Paypal info, but I'm not given the option to do that. The window that pops up in game is bugged, or errors out.

I had a 2001 error and then a Form link error #v6t8s error. Repeated rejection of my longstanding functional and correct Paypal as mentioned in this thread.
    I had a Lotro ticket, then a Xsolla ticket, and then a Paypal ticket. All thrilling type-ridden repetitious exchanges. Then they sent me back to Lotro so I sent another Lotro ticket only to find out there is a new billing company who botched something and it wasn't me or Paypal and then I was punted mid sentence during the morning flush. Then I filled a ticket with the new company. Now I am awaiting their stunning insights to troubleshooting.
    Egads how will Lotro make money...?

Addendumb:
    Here the response from Emergent:
    Hello _______,

Emergent Payments no longer processes payments to Xsolla. Please contact Xsolla support directly or use another payment method. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,
    Emergent Payments

###?
    Another ticket at Xsolla? Or perhaps a Lotro ticket or two?
    How about a form to fix the Lotro Store problem to check and reenter my Paypal information. There is no troubleshoot except a runaround, so far.

Signed pissed and frustrated.

I just want to but something.

PayPal has been broken for me since late June/early August (not precisely sure when).

I, for one, welcome our new store payment overlords

Cheers,
    Gloimli @ ex-Windfola

At least I'm not alone, and it's not just me. I get the aforementioned Form link error #xxxxx. The letters (xs here) change each time I get the message when I try again.

Is Xsolla no longer the payment provider?

And

Is it worth it to put in a ticket? or should I just wait? Surely they know by now that something broke Paypal.

Issue with Paypal should be resolved at this time.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

2 Long Street, Corstead, Bree-land Homesteads, Crickhollow, Sweden
    I just added new payment options - PayPal - since they were gone, as per SSG's announcement, and it worked.

Then I went back to one of my game accounts and "test" bought a few LP and that went well.

All is well.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Crickhollow
    Malancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf

I tried it again last night and it was working. Thanks for fixing it.

At least for me, I still cannot use PayPal.

This might be my circumstances. I run LotRO on a Linux box via WINE. When since August I use the PayPal link for purchasing, the game crashes.

Is there a web link for purchasing Turbine Points out of game?

Cheers,
    Gloimli @ ex-Windfola
    Last edited by BINKLEY1; Oct 19 2020 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lossenor View Post
    I tried it again last night and it was working. Thanks for fixing it.
    I'm using LotRO through WINE on Linux. When I try to use PayPal for a payment in the store, my client crashes, not just the "in game" browser, my entire game client.

I haven't had a functional Windows box since the start of 2020 (it's now Oct, 10 months later). I've had a great client experience with Linux running LotRO under WINE for the past 10 months, and love how the game has performed! The exception has been since August (past 2/3 months) using PayPal in the store.

If all goes wrong, I'll try using a credit card to purchase game points. I am really looking for PayPal to work again, which it did from January until August.

Regards,
    Gloimli @ ex-Windfola