We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

thanks for the new class

you already failed to balance all the others so starting again with a new one? 5/7 iq level play

Seriously, a new class is in the works ?

imagine upscaling a previous mechanic in pvp and adding it as a class lmao

Quote Originally Posted by HotStuffs View Post
    imagine upscaling a previous mechanic in pvp and adding it as a class lmao

There's no new creep class. It's the troll session play.
    This is my screenshot being spread through discord, which I took on the live servers (not BR) not even half an hour ago.

Edit:
    Your race is Troll, the class is Crusher.
    Just like you have Orc Reaver, Uruk Blackarrow, etc.

Btw update the troll session play, it's still level 100.
    Last edited by Urundus; Sep 23 2020 at 04:26 PM.
    Overlord Urundus
    Cohorts of the Red Legion
    Arkenstone

I believe....

It was in reference to this;

Yes it was in reference to the Brawler. But people were thinking that Crusher would be a new creep class. Which it is not
    Overlord Urundus
    Cohorts of the Red Legion
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    I believe....

It was in reference to this;

that moment you find your own screenshot on a lotro forum post, gotte love discord

Quote Originally Posted by jailwartho View Post
    that moment you find your own screenshot on a lotro forum post, gotte love discord
    A friend sent it to me who got it from another discord who it from in another discord :P

Truly excited about a new class, that's how you sell an expansion!

But not hyping over it yet, it's still way too early to release info about Gundabad.

My "assumption/belief" with regards to "brawler" is that similarily to the "crusher" seen on creepside, its just a session play class. No way they would have kept a new class under wraps this long, especially without palantir leaks.

Crusher is clearly Troll session play in moors. There is no doubt to this.
    "Brawler" is a very odd name to put in though. I'm assuming it is Ranger session play but a few things make me think twice.
    1. Why isn't it just called Ranger?
    2. I wasn't even aware that the Ranger session play was classed as a freep class and not just a session play NPC... Maybe it isn't even in refrence to Rangers?
    3. Why would it be listed as a class when it's just a session play for the moors? I get why troll session play could be seen as a creep class as creeps are restricted to moors only. But why put Rangers as a viewable class when you can only ever have 2 of them out in the field at once?

"Brawler" is either a red herring, a dev screwing around to #### with people, a weirdly named session play or actually a new class in the works... The latter I find incredibly unlikely...
    But hey, part of me wishes we could get a new class. Sure as hell would instantly make me buy it just to have it.
    Leader of the Mitey Worriers (Laurelin)
    Purveyors of premier meats and vegan substitutes since 26/12/17

I've found in the game text file:
    Trait Points - Brawler
    Raid gear: Brawler TBD

So yes, new class. In Gundabad i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderv View Post
    Trait Points - Brawler

Possibly the biggest selling point of Gundabad

Trait Points - Brawler

where exactly did you find this?

where exactly did you find this?
    In client_local_English.dat

Another phrase i've found:
    Speak with the Brawler Trainer

How did you even open that file? I consistently get errors when trying to convert it to a text-file / zip / or otherwise.

Post screenshots or it didn't happen.
    EDIT: The file is too large for text editors, makes me wonder what's truly in there, your posts imply that there's pretty much every text in the game simply in the file unencrypted. Would be worth digging in further if this is legit.
    Last edited by Askelin; Sep 24 2020 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askelin View Post
    EDIT: The file is too large for text editors, makes me wonder what's truly in there, your posts imply that there's pretty much every text in the game simply in the file unencrypted. Would be worth digging in further if this is legit.
    Oh... Ok.

I didn't manage to open the one he is referring to, but, I did manage to open another, and he's not wrong... The evidence that can be surmised in the text file definitively points to a new Brawler class.

Oh... Ok.

I didn't manage to open the one he is referring to, but, I did manage to open another, and he's not wrong... The evidence that can be surmised in the text file definitively points to a new Brawler class.
    Wew lad! Maybe this will bear fruit.
    Won't happen for Three Peaks, but if Gundabad has its own class then it might even convince me to purchase it, it's been a LONG time since we've had a new class. But I won't be holding my breath.

Wew lad! Maybe this will bear fruit.
    Won't happen for Three Peaks, but if Gundabad has its own class then it might even convince me to purchase it, it's been a LONG time since we've had a new class. But I won't be holding my breath.
    Well...

2008: Warden & RK
    2014: Beorning
    2020/1: Brawler

Seems new classes are on a 6-year time scale lol

How did you even open that file? I consistently get errors when trying to convert it to a text-file / zip / or otherwise.
    I used dat_unpacker. The file i mentioned is an archive and contains LocalData.txt with all English texts (~46 MB). PS. I forgot that there is one more step to create LocalData.txt. Google "lotro local data extractor"...
    I'm not sure about legitimacy so no link on anything sorry .
    Last edited by Wanderv; Sep 24 2020 at 05:45 AM.

I used dat_unpacker. The file i mentioned is an archive and contains LocalData.txt with all English texts (~46 MB). PS. I forgot that there is one more step to create LocalData.txt. Google "lotro local data extractor"...
    I can't get this to work at all :/

it just keeps telling me to put DAT_UNPACKER.exe and datexport.dll into the game folder, which I have done...

Could you perhaps upload/send me the .txt file in a PM?
    Last edited by Hephburz-2; Sep 24 2020 at 06:21 AM.

I used dat_unpacker. The file i mentioned is an archive and contains LocalData.txt with all English texts (~46 MB). PS. I forgot that there is one more step to create LocalData.txt.
    Many thanks! After doing some searching and following a super simple guide on how to use the program, I can actually start digging for myself!
    EDIT: After digging a bit, the name 'brawler' comes up in files relating to classes (I used Notepad++ to drag entire folders and search through them all at once, it would be impossible to find anything otherwise!) However... Whether this is some old code or reference about a project lost to time (and a recent bullroarer just so happened to dig up the name from a list for the social panel) or an actual class they're going to be working on is yet to be discovered.
    Last edited by Askelin; Sep 24 2020 at 11:13 AM.

I'm not liking the prospect of a new class overmuch. I was vary hype, back when, for Beorning. Then it came out as a half-baked stew of simpleness, and only ever became more single-minded over the years as it was just handed number increases over meaningful tools and retains no true identity beyond 'bear-person'.

This will be no different, mark my words.

Here your new "brawler" class and its master.

REMOVE Rohan Kingstead Homestead from the open world map it ruins the immersion.