We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

First age bridle needed?

I had been riding my war steed without a bridle, as I just use it for transportation, but leveled up a third age bridle and slotted it with relics for +agility and +turn rate.

I don't see a need for a first age bridle though.

You can't imbue them.

I don't do mounted combat at level cap.

I know some people have them in game. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Khazvere View Post
    I had been riding my war steed without a bridle, as I just use it for transportation, but leveled up a third age bridle and slotted it with relics for +agility and +turn rate.

You can't imbue them.

Nope. It's just like with regular LIs.. you get more points to spend on the legacies. I can't speak for others, but in my case I have FA Bridles on most of my lvl caps just coz for years now I've had more Blemished Symbols than I need.
    Laergwend (Mini) - Gladden dweller!
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil
    RIP Ithil
    Nov, 8 2018 - May, 21 2020

The Special on then Bridle is, that you slot it in the horsefield. So does not consume a Slot in your bags, while leveling it.

To have one 2nd or 1st age is not important but nice, as you keep it then and you can slot some relicts if you want.
    As Melee Class i like to use the 5% dismount chance, so they can not ride away :-)

Then dismount and kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazvere View Post

You can't imbue them.

I have 1st age bridles on two of my chars, simply because I had so many 1st age symbols that I thought, well, why not, better than to let them all rot in the bank ;-)
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

The bridle is pretty much irrelevant beyond Gondor. It's a relic of an abandoned system - Mounted Combat. It may have some uses after 105 - mainly to increase the mobility and agility of your warsteed, a fully maxed bridle can help achieve some decent damage, and can be nice to have while doing slayer deeds on grey mobs in Rohan and beyond. While it doesn't take a slot in your bags if equipped, it does take a slot in your LI panel, so that's something to consider. You don't really need one from levels 106 onward, when warsteeds are used almost exclusively as transportation. And judging from your OP, you've already reached that conclusion on your own.

As for the actual question, all that FA bridle offers over SA/TA is just more points that can be allocated to legacies. So it's pretty much aesthetics to have a FA LI in your panel rather than any practical use.

the cap you can see, if you can level it. then you will see, what the max value is. even when you cant pay the points atm not.