We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    106

    Disgusting customer support in game.

    On 9th September whilst assessing the level of universal solvents I had in my Vault to enable me to craft the essences I needed on my new level capped toon, I found I had 509 Universal solvents in my vault purchased from LOTRO store during the 75% off sale in July.

    When I logged in to game on 11th September to craft the essences I found that there we 0 Solvents in my vault and submitted a ticket via the GM ticketing system. When I finally got a response from GM's despite an estimated 12 hr wait time the response was:

    Updated: 09/13/20 06:48 AM
    Hi *******, Thank you for your inquiry but I couldn't find these items in your sold, deleted or mailed items over the past week. We will not be able to assist with this request in these circumstances. Thank you for your understanding and have a great rest of the day! - +Adahrel+

    At no point on the ticket did i state that I had destroyed,sold or mailed the solvents and this was assumed and the ticket was closed.

    I then submitted a 2nd ticket on 13th September stating that the items were not disposed of or sold or mailed and that they are just missing from my vault. The response I received again wa ridiculous

    Updated: 09/14/20 02:34 PM
    Thank you for your help request. We are unable to assist with your reimbursement or exchange as it does not meet the criteria set forth in the In Game Support Reimbursement Policy. For more information on this policy please check https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...rsement-Policy. Thank you and have a good day! - +Ares+

    This is an absolute piss take as 3500 LP were used to purchase the solvents and they have been STOLEN from my ingame vault. Nobody has access to my account apart from me

    Absolute disgrace of customer "Support" there from both GM's

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimfin View Post
    On 9th September whilst assessing the level of universal solvents I had in my Vault to enable me to craft the essences I needed on my new level capped toon, I found I had 509 Universal solvents in my vault purchased from LOTRO store during the 75% off sale in July.

    When I logged in to game on 11th September to craft the essences I found that there we 0 Solvents in my vault and submitted a ticket via the GM ticketing system. When I finally got a response from GM's despite an estimated 12 hr wait time the response was:

    Updated: 09/13/20 06:48 AM
    Hi *******, Thank you for your inquiry but I couldn't find these items in your sold, deleted or mailed items over the past week. We will not be able to assist with this request in these circumstances. Thank you for your understanding and have a great rest of the day! - +Adahrel+

    At no point on the ticket did i state that I had destroyed,sold or mailed the solvents and this was assumed and the ticket was closed.

    I then submitted a 2nd ticket on 13th September stating that the items were not disposed of or sold or mailed and that they are just missing from my vault. The response I received again wa ridiculous

    Updated: 09/14/20 02:34 PM
    Thank you for your help request. We are unable to assist with your reimbursement or exchange as it does not meet the criteria set forth in the In Game Support Reimbursement Policy. For more information on this policy please check https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...rsement-Policy. Thank you and have a good day! - +Ares+

    This is an absolute piss take as 3500 LP were used to purchase the solvents and they have been STOLEN from my ingame vault. Nobody has access to my account apart from me

    Absolute disgrace of customer "Support" there from both GM's
    The buying transactions should still be visible in your in-game store history, so maybe that could help?
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,955
    Really, if you have screenshot for recipe or link in lotro store history, how they prove what you never have them? Or they have backup only for 1 week? They restore my deleted by incident items few times without any questtions... of course they wasn't such important as 500 solvents.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,098
    My experience with support is well-known... so I'm skipping that. On your subject:
    1) Have you made sure your solvents weren't absorbed by one of your carry-alls? (My bf thought them lost until he checked there)

    2) In-game doesn't wanna help, then use the website ticket system and attach your receipts if you kept them or a screenshot of the LOTRO Store history of your purchases

    I really hope you can get some help. Wish you better luck than mine!
    Laergwend (Mini) - Gladden dweller!
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil
    RIP Ithil
    Nov, 8 2018 - May, 21 2020

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    My experience with support is well-known... so I'm skipping that. On your subject:
    1) Have you made sure your solvents weren't absorbed by one of your carry-alls? (My bf thought them lost until he checked there)
    LOL, I really hope what GM professional enough to check carry-alls in first place. If he find them inside, that means 2 different GMs miss that... but in other side of view, I really hope what they indeed inside

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    LOL, I really hope what GM professional enough to check carry-alls in first place. If he find them inside, that means 2 different GMs miss that... but in other side of view, I really hope what they indeed inside
    Carry alls were never on that toon but still checked and they are not in any of the 2 carryalls i have on that account.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimfin View Post
    Carry alls were never on that toon but still checked and they are not in any of the 2 carryalls i have on that account.
    Sad. Did you have link in lotro store history with your solvents purchase?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,993
    At no point on the ticket did i state that I had destroyed,sold or mailed the solvents and this was assumed and the ticket was closed.
    Other than trading with a player, those are the only ways you wouldn't have them on your account anymore. That means they're either somewhere on some character, or someone got into your account and traded them away.

    The situations where they'll solve user error are pretty few, and usually require you to have an incorrectly-bartered-for item in your inventory, or have made the mistake recently.

    If they started reimbursing items for every person who claimed to be hacked, I think we'd find a lot more people had stuff missing. It sucks, but I'd keep looking for them on other characters/crafting bags. And change your password, maybe.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    91
    I'm in no way suggesting you did this but playing devil's advocate. Since they probably can't tell if you used them then that would always remain a possibility. I have contacted Support several times over the last two days and found them very helpful. I don't like their answer but that doesn't detract from their responsiveness or accuracy.

    Pedra

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload