We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Morloth Root Issues - 6 Man

We've been trying to get through Houses of Lamentation and we've had several issues with the root that spawns at Morloth in the 6 player. Nearly every time it comes up it immediately goes into anti-cheat mode and starts pounding the ground doing sever damage to everyone, eventually wiping us after a few seconds. We try to get around it as fast as we can and get everyone agro, but invariably in one of the fights, someone will be considered unreachable for some unknown reason and it gets the spinning question marks around it and starts pounding. We have gotten through some of them, but for the most part, eventually, one of the 3 or 4 that spawn in the Morloth fight will bug out and wipe us. It's been doing it to us since we started running this instance about 6 weeks ago... no, we're not a hard core raid group, but other than this one fight we do ok. We usually end up giving up after four or five wipes.

Has anyone else had this issue or have a solution? I feel this is a bug, but maybe we're missing something. The area is small and confined and no reason for an anti-cheat mechanic as if we're going to go somewhere where it can't hit us. Just seems wrong.

The way the roots work is they come up, target someone, and then try to attack them. If the target is not in melee range, it gets confused, and then it does damage to the whole group until that target either dies or is reachable. The same thing happens to the second boss in Remmorchant.

They did nerf the roots by giving you a few seconds to react when it pops up, but the rule of thumb is to have everyone within melee range. This is at least what our kin does when doing the instance. The actual method and mechanics might vary from our observation. There is also a pattern to know where the roots come up if you pay close enough attention.

Hmmm, it seems the roots are random, but I'll look closer next run. We've done our best to get everyone close but, like I said, somewhere along the way someone always gets out of range and we can't tell who and it just goes crazy. Sometimes we get it going and it will still get confused at some point. I think they have the target point at the tip of the root and as it waves around, since it's so close to the boarder, it actually goes outside the bounds and losses contact, but not sure.

Thanks for the info and confirming it's common but beatable. We'll try to keep close and figure out the pattern.

There are 4 spawn locations,they never spawn on same spot twice so you can somewhat guess where later roots will spawn to be more prepared.
    They changed roots to not be active for few sec but sometimes it doesnt matter.
    I asume you know at what number of corruptions root spawn,so all get ready in middle/park pets on spawn points if you want(tho not needed).
    Have someone from range remove last corr that spawns root and as group immediatly run towards it into melee range that is safest option,if needed use cappy tank/2 healers and their cds just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Neseyal View Post
    Hmmm, it seems the roots are random, but I'll look closer next run. We've done our best to get everyone close but, like I said, somewhere along the way someone always gets out of range and we can't tell who and it just goes crazy. Sometimes we get it going and it will still get confused at some point. I think they have the target point at the tip of the root and as it waves around, since it's so close to the boarder, it actually goes outside the bounds and losses contact, but not sure.

Thanks for the info and confirming it's common but beatable. We'll try to keep close and figure out the pattern.
    To further clarify the information posted here so far, because it isn't a fixed pattern as such:

#1) The first root always spawns at the left side of the tree (if you are facing the tree).

#2) Subsequent root spawns are random, but as mentioned above, they will never spawn in the same spot twice. So this means there are 3 potential spots for the second root, 2 potential spots for the third, and the final root spawn is known.

#3) The person who has agro of the root must be within melee range to prevent the group wide damage.

#4) They will generally agro on to a person standing within melee range when they spawn, but only if there is someone within melee.

So the way we do it is to set our group up so that there is at least 1 person standing next to each potential root spawn when we trigger the roots (After initial add dies, 60 CR, 40 CR and 20 CR). We have our cappy use in harms way / last stand as well just before we spawn the roots, and then everyone runs to the which ever spot the root spawned in before we start doing anything. We can reliably beat it every time doing this, but I'm sure there are other ways of doing it.
    ~~Arkenstone~~

Thank you all for the good advice and tips. I'm sure we'll take him down soon.