We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Choppy/laggy video in (and then OUT) of game

Yesterday - the game ran smoothly. Today, I turn on the computer and, even though I haven't changed anything, there have been no windows updates, no system changes, I haven't installed any new software - nothing - the game is suddenly very choppy/laggy. The best way to describe it is that it's sort of like screen tearing but instead of just part of the screen doing it, it's the whole screen AND the mouse cursor. You can see what I mean in the video that I've uploaded to Youtube.

https://youtu.be/Pqr_WEJ7ItA

Then, after I quit the game, it's still like it in Windows. Anything I drag around the screen lags/microfreezes and the mouse cursor does it, too. I have to restart windows to get rid of it but, if I try to run the game again, the same thing happens.

The problem happens whether Freesync is on or off and also still happens whether VSync is on or off in game. Framerate stays high the whole time.

Any help would be appreciated.

My specs are:

i5-9600k CPU
    RTX 2070 with the most recent driver
    165Hz monitor with Freesync 1080p
    32gb RAM

I did quite a bit of research today because I was having similar issues. I discovered that in my "Event Viewer" there was an Event ID 642. If you are running Windows 10 and also installed the "May update 2004." This is an issue with this update. I searched for hours and hours reading many posts and discovered Microsoft is aware of the problem and is working on a fix. This Event ID 642 happens in lots of times. No one solution as of yet I have come across works completely or at all. I have come across a link form Activision where players are posting about the issue and found somethings to do to lower the issue.

https://support.activision.com/commu...overable-error

I double check my DX Libraries as well and C++ and than I did clean install of my graphics driver as well as what little was mentioned in the link above. I got better or useable.

Not sure if this is your problem but it's a place to start.

Thanks. I'll check it out.