We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

My neighborhood is lonely

I was so excited for my Rohan house and I still love it! But I have only one neighbor, and that's someone who bought a Mead Hall and 2 other houses...and that's it. I met my neighbor and we chatted but now there is no one else in my entire neighborhood. No other decorations to see when walking around, etc. My neighborhood feels so empty and sad. It seems like everyone just wanted Mead Halls and so now we have tons of neighborhoods with full Mead Halls and not much else! Unfortunately, with the way the system is designed, I cannot move to another neighborhood without losing money. I think you should be allowed to transfer to a new neighborhood with no penalty, especially if you are taking the same house address. I'm disappointed that I didn't realize this would happen and now wish I had taken more care to choose a neighborhood that was almost full instead of one that was virtually empty. I thought the "normal" houses would be more popular and would eventually fill up like the Belfalas neighborhoods. Maybe it's just because they opened so many?

Belfalas stately houses sold well to all players because the price wasn't as stepped as the Rohan houses & the distribution of rooms have a familiar appearance. Even Belfalas Luzurious house plan is more familiar than Rohan style houses. Also, Rohan houses seems to be bough almost only by kinship leaders that wanted a house that looks like a meadhall & they only wanted to biggest houses. Maybe the smaller Rohan houses will sell when people get more LP to buy them if they want to do the Rohan houses only quests. I doubt that they will ever be near as popular as Belfalas houses because they don't have enough decoration slots where to put the favorite decorations, but instead most the decoration slots are Rohan house kind only.

& there is this... New player go tour both the Premium houses styles & these are its reactions:

• Belfalas House: Oh wow, that is 1 huge elegant castle & it is neatly decorated!!! Are you sure that isn't a town? Do you own it all alone? Can i buy 1 too & i can earn those decorations too already? Now i have something to look forward.
    • Rohan House: Oh that is 1 big farm. You must like a lot horses & beasts. Where are the rooms? How can i put furniture other than firepit, columns & smoke? I can't do any quest here if i don't own a house of this kind? Oh i have to go... Your house is ''ok''. Thanks for letting me see it.
    Last edited by YamydeAragon; Sep 13 2020 at 08:46 AM.

I think it's the price tag, honestly. There are no small houses in Rohan, only deluxe, and so you can buy a house in Belfalas for far cheaper. I dislike the look of the Belfalas houses actually, they feel cold and tomb-like to me, like the whole neighborhood is a graveyard of mausoleums instead of homes! Rohan feels real on the other hand, like what an actual house would look and feel like, and I love the new additions such as being able to add lighting effects. There are also two layouts to choose from, depending on which neighborhood you pick, so you can have more outside slots in return for less inside, or vice versa.

I think the Rohan houses would be more popular if they cost less.

I really would like to see a change though that would allow people to transfer their house without penalty to a new neighborhood, as long as they are choosing the same address.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    I think it's the price tag, honestly. There are no small houses in Rohan, only deluxe, and so you can buy a house in Belfalas for far cheaper. I dislike the look of the Belfalas houses actually, they feel cold and tomb-like to me, like the whole neighborhood is a graveyard of mausoleums instead of homes! Rohan feels real on the other hand, like what an actual house would look and feel like, and I love the new additions such as being able to add lighting effects. There are also two layouts to choose from, depending on which neighborhood you pick, so you can have more outside slots in return for less inside, or vice versa.

I think the Rohan houses would be more popular if they cost less.

I really would like to see a change though that would allow people to transfer their house without penalty to a new neighborhood, as long as they are choosing the same address.
    Here is an example of a Belfalas house that looks like breathing people actually live there: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ian-Greenhouse . I can ensure you my house doesn't look like a mausoleum.

OP, I'm sorry you're feeling lonely! Other people may move in eventually, so hang in there!

I love that we have housing with different architectural styles - something to appeal to everyone. Personally, I have houses in the Shire and my beloved mountain farm in the Eastfold homestead. But truthfully, I didn't buy houses to interact with neighbours, but for the extra storage and for decorating fun!

You can always go into different neighbourhoods to look for open houses to view. I keep my houses open, with the teapot on and some cookies by the fire!

Until you have more neighbours, I hope you enjoy decorating your new house. Be sure to check out this website: https://en.dcodumilieu.fr. They've done a wonderful job documenting every decor item available in the game with photos and info on how to acquire. Really useful if you're wanting to create a themed house and need just that special something.

Best wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by YamydeAragon View Post
    Here is an example of a Belfalas house that looks like breathing people actually live there: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ian-Greenhouse . I can ensure you my house doesn't look like a mausoleum.
    You have done a good job making your house feel inviting. I do like how the deluxe Belfalas houses have that little greenhouse space inside!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverBirch View Post
    OP, I'm sorry you're feeling lonely! Other people may move in eventually, so hang in there!

I love that we have housing with different architectural styles - something to appeal to everyone. Personally, I have houses in the Shire and my beloved mountain farm in the Eastfold homestead. But truthfully, I didn't buy houses to interact with neighbours, but for the extra storage and for decorating fun!

You can always go into different neighbourhoods to look for open houses to view. I keep my houses open, with the teapot on and some cookies by the fire!

Until you have more neighbours, I hope you enjoy decorating your new house. Be sure to check out this website: https://en.dcodumilieu.fr. They've done a wonderful job documenting every decor item available in the game with photos and info on how to acquire. Really useful if you're wanting to create a themed house and need just that special something.

Best wishes!
    Thank you, Riverbirch! I have used that website extensively and it was instrumental in helping me track down all the decorations I wanted to get my Rohan homestead started. I know that actually meeting my neighbors is chancy (I have never met my neighbors in my Shire home, even though I've been living there for years) but I do enjoy riding around and sightseeing other people's properties and how they decorated. I'll just have to go to other neighborhoods now to do it.

I saw the lighting effects for Rohan houses mentioned in one of the above post. Would anybody be so kind and explain how I can get something to put in those? I've been at all the vendors, looked through all my crafting recipes - nothing. Does the vendor in the neighbourhood get more things when my reputation rises?
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    I saw the lighting effects for Rohan houses mentioned in one of the above post. Would anybody be so kind and explain how I can get something to put in those? I've been at all the vendors, looked through all my crafting recipes - nothing. Does the vendor in the neighbourhood get more things when my reputation rises?
    You'll need to go to the Ambience Furnisher (https://en.dcodumilieu.fr/light/) inside one of the Rohan Neighborhood. You can find him inside one of the building near the Rohan Housing Broker.

Light hooks are exclusive to Rohan Housing.
    D&Co du Milieu (English - French): Housing Magazine & database.
    LesBalladesDeYao: A big unexplored world.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenRybnick View Post
    You'll need to go to the Ambience Furnisher (https://en.dcodumilieu.fr/light/) inside one of the Rohan Neighborhood. You can find him inside one of the building near the Rohan Housing Broker.

Light hooks are exclusive to Rohan Housing.
    Thank you so much - I would never have found it on my own!
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    You have done a good job making your house feel inviting. I do like how the deluxe Belfalas houses have that little greenhouse space inside! ...
    Thanks! That is the intention. I added some new decorations, a few days ago. If you have some toon at my server, feel free to visit whenever you wish. I need to take 1 these days to do fresh screenshots.