We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I think the pricing is fine and looks like good content from teaser they showed, lets hope it is when hits live.
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    99 bucks for a mini expansion? SSG is so lucky they have loyal idiots like me to keep feeding them money. They are basically charging us for a second raid.

its only 20 bucks for the expansion and 99 for ultimate so dont be so dramatic. feeding money? they gave all content away for free over the past 3 months and you wanna complain about 20 bucks? go and play something else because you clearly are just moaning for the sake of moaning.

will it be available for points right away or do we have to wait 4 months for that?
    My Lotro blog :)

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    will it be available for points right away or do we have to wait 4 months for that?
    War of Three Peaks will be available for LOTRO Points later, and available to purchase on release.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Alamire View Post
    its only 20 bucks for the expansion and 99 for ultimate so dont be so dramatic. feeding money? they gave all content away for free over the past 3 months and you wanna complain about 20 bucks? go and play something else because you clearly are just moaning for the sake of moaning.
    Excactly. There was almost everything for free for MONTHS. Now we can pay 20 bucks. And yes, I will go for the 100$ pack on day one. Love it. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    Excactly. There was almost everything for free for MONTHS. Now we can pay 20 bucks. And yes, I will go for the 100$ pack on day one. Love it. <3
    You've obviously haven't needed their CS in a long long time. But hey, I'm happy for you, honestly. It sucks being on the less favored side.
    Laergwend (Mini) - Gladden dweller!
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil
    RIP Ithil
    Nov, 8 2018 - May, 21 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Assuming the raid is included in the base pack, then yes, it would be fair. But this is a first for this game, charging for filler content. It's not a typical expansion, with a level cap raise etc. It's just an add on to level 130 content. That kind of content is usually free to paying subscribers and available for LP for premium or free players at launch.

Given it's a new concept, perhaps the raid will only be included in the higher packages.
    I wouldn't be surprised at this point.
    Laergwend (Mini) - Gladden dweller!
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil
    RIP Ithil
    Nov, 8 2018 - May, 21 2020

giving content for free was intended as an act of kindness towards the difficult covid times, without expectation of making your customers pay the difference later. this is pretty much a regular quest area with a few more sprinkles. I can't say I'm happy to have to wait who knows how long to get it with points as I was saving them
    My Lotro blog :)

Quote Originally Posted by miriadel View Post
    giving content for free was intended as an act of kindness towards the difficult covid times, without expectation of making your customers pay the difference later.
    It was a strategic business decision towards a new marketing paradigm. Which is not implemented without full confidence in its forecast revenue models.
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    Everything was only free for those that didn't already own it, either through buying it outright, renting through VIP sub, or both.

Seems to me that the people who don't pay to play or don't buy the content at regular prices through the store, are getting the shiny end of the stick lately.

There is definitely more advantage to "not" paying nowadays, and that just doesn't read right.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

it's a nasty spit in the face to vip. but hey, if you truly love the company you will buy at least 5 copies at $100. everyone knows $100 is the new 25 cents!

This.
    The most loyal long-time alt-o-holics who own everything were finally rewarded with unlimited unlocks on all their alt accounts that didn't yet have everything. And getting expansions for alts at a mere 99 LP a pop? Talk about customer appreciation, because this was it.

moaning for the sake of moaning
    Ooh la la

(The amount of entitlement on display in thread is unreal tho)

From the very limited info we have so far,

Like:
    - Some of the new dwarven building styles
    - "Level-agnostic content" has a possibility to be something very exciting
    - More depth on dwarf-related lore (emphasis on "lore" ((even if it's SSG-generated lore)), I'm not always keen on questing in those regions)

Dislike:
    - Boars as mounts (although I anticipated this would happen sooner or later and don't wanna complain about it anymore, although it certainly doesn't make we want to pay for the content either)
    - The feeling that the "paid expansion" status wasn't originally planned for this update, but emerged from some financial challenges they obviously aren't going to say aloud.

Well, I'll be checking the content on BR, while reporting bugs, and see if it's worth paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes2007 View Post
    Can you explain how this is not simply requiring subscribers.. and lifers too I guess.. to buy quest packs? I don't see what makes this different that the regular content updates.

Exactly.

After all that subscribers have put up with this year...and now this.

Remarkable... and NOT in a good way.

I'll be sitting this one out, not going to buy for either money or LP.

Been getting the urge to take a long break again before this news, this makes it easier.

Have fun, everyone!
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

We've all been playing for free since April. I'm down for this as long as Gundabad has a similarly low starting price point. If we have to pay $20 for this and another $40 for Gundabad next year, that would be too much.

The more people buy the $100 bundle, the quicker we can get better servers and actually be able to play.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone / Landroval / Anor

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    The more people buy the $100 bundle, the quicker we can get better servers and actually be able to play.
    People said the same thing with Mordor. How'd that work out?

If you want to pay $100 to ride a piggy, so be it. But don't try and convince us that by paying more we're going to help fix things.

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    We've all been playing for free since April.
    I haven't been playing for free since April. So you're definitely not speaking for me. I paid for every expansion and I sub'd specifically so I get the quest packs without having to buy them a la carte.

I think 20 bucks would be fine for this update, considering its a new raid and a new 6man instance. I gladly pay for content.

But why would we buy this when Minas Morgul content is a trainwreck in its current state. This will just add more trash on top of it. Also we all know they will upgrade the gear in lootboxes again to match the new instance/raid, making the already obsolete Minas morgul instances even more obsolete. Nah this is a hard pass.

and the teaser trailer Dropped

Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Nah, gonna pass on this.

Another new low.

Quote Originally Posted by ElanorFb View Post
    Give us $20 for something that should be free for VIP. And, hey, if you're really dumb why not just fork over $100. Good boy!
    Already cancelled VIP from other SSG related disappointments, but this seems like a true post to me. Rename your quest pack into a "Miniature Expansion" and now it's 20...or even 100 dollars. More disappointment. If the goal was to retain players, increase the amount of players, and then make as many of those people as possible feel that VIP and real expansion packs are worth their money you'd have a successful business that is ethical and moral and not have to worry about re-inventing words here.

Quote Originally Posted by Esgalad View Post
    More disappointment. If the goal was to retain players, increase the amount of players, and then make as many of those people as possible feel that VIP and real expansion packs are worth their money you'd have a successful business that is ethical and moral and not have to worry about re-inventing words here.

I could not agree with this more.

Very well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    War of Three Peaks will be available for LOTRO Points later, and available to purchase on release.
    So what you are saying is basically that you are going to start charging VIPs for what is basically glorified quest-packs as opposed to getting them as a part of the subscription?

Feels like there are less and less reason to keep a subscription going if one is still going to have to pay for quest-packs.

For myself and my family, we'll wait to see what the "mini" expansion actually contains before passing judgement or making a decision. Perhaps it has more to it than a regular quest pack. We really don't know enough yet to make a true assessment--pro or con.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast