We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

New Mini Expansion Pack "War of the Three Peaks" announced - normal, collector's and ultimate edition

Cordovan just announced a new mini expansion pack. It's called "War of the three peaks" and it will be available in October for 20$ (Normal Edition), 59$ (Collector's Edition) and 99$ (Ultimate Edition).

Infos so far:

- It is NOT replacing the upcoming Gundabad Expansion which is planned for 2021. The firt beta round will start next week
    - There will be NO level cap increase
    - We will have boar mounts
    - A new raid is coming
    - We will see new raid gear
    - You can see the first teaser trailer here (but there was a problem with the stream so there is lag): https://youtu.be/z74cPAuoyN8
    Last edited by Thurinuor; Sep 11 2020 at 01:19 PM.

We will have BOAR MOUNTS! Nice!

I'm in work conference so had no time to watch Cord live.... but any info on pre-purchase?
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    I'm in work conference so had no time to watch Cord live.... but any info on pre-purchase?
    No pre-sale, it will instantly coming out in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    Cordovan just announced a new mini expansion pack. It's called "War of the three peaks" and it will be available in October for 20$ (Normal Edition), 59$ (Collector's Edition) and 99$ (Ultimate Edition).

Infos so far:

- It is NOT replacing the upcoming Gundabad Expansion which is planned for 2021. The firt beta round will start next week
    - There will be NO level cap increase
    - We will have boar mounts
    - A new raid is coming
    - there will be a hole new raid tier
    - You can see the first teaser trailer here (but there was a problem with the stream so there is lag): https://youtu.be/z74cPAuoyN8
    99 bucks for a mini expansion? SSG is so lucky they have loyal idiots like me to keep feeding them money. They are basically charging us for a second raid.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    99 bucks for a mini expansion? SSG is so lucky they have loyal idiots like me to keep feeding them money. They are basically charging us for a second raid.
    I think the boar mount will only be in the Ultimate Edition and thats the reason I will buy it on day 1.

I think I'll just patiently wait for it to come out for lotro points. It will eventually come out for lotro points, right?

Ineed. 20dollars is to much indeed. Who cares about boar mounts sinces they are not WAR boars, a raid that will probably be bugged the first month of its release, no smaller instances to follow the raid, a very small region as it seems to be on the terrain map with lot off copy and paste of moria's architecture and server lag on its peak.

I hope there is an LP version because if i buy this "Mini" pack now i wont have money to buy the actualy xpack comming next year.
    Argohald Champion(main), Phokalin Guardian, Aljeza Lore master : The Aegean eagles kinship in Evernight
    Aleziana Lore master, Ellinas Guardian Landroval
    Member of old Riddermark family (server)

Give us $20 for something that should be free for VIP. And, hey, if you're really dumb why not just fork over $100. Good boy!

I'm gonna wait till BR hits to make any comments regarding the expansion and pricing. I admit I'm one of those suckers for fluff that drops big money (I even paid double ultimate for Minas Morgul coz I gave one to my fiance)... but not this time SSG. I'm super sour about the way I've been treated as a costumer, me personally I mean, not the general issues we've been suffering.

Point me to the refund line for those with screwed transfers, please.
    Laergwend (Mini) - Gladden dweller!
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy - Ithil
    RIP Ithil
    Nov, 8 2018 - May, 21 2020

We'll have a lot more info in the near future, including hopefully our first Bullroarer preview next week. I did want to make a small correction to the OP that we have not announced as far as I am aware "a whole new raid tier". If my words gave that impression then I apologize. There will be a raid coming with the release of War of Three Peaks, but it should offer the same Tiering as previous raids. Two Tiers will be released immediately, with additional Tiers offered in the future.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We'll have a lot more info in the near future, including hopefully our first Bullroarer preview next week. I did want to make a small correction to the OP that we have not announced as far as I am aware "a whole new raid tier". If my words gave that impression then I apologize. There will be a raid coming with the release of War of Three Peaks, but it should offer the same Tiering as previous raids. Two Tiers will be released immediately, with additional Tiers offered in the future.
    Thank your for correction. Maybe I missunderstood something. Looking forward to the new expansion! <3

Can you explain how this is not simply requiring subscribers.. and lifers too I guess.. to buy quest packs? I don't see what makes this different that the regular content updates.

Changed it to "new raid gear". Thanks for correction, Cordovan!

New teaser trailer is now available from twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/cl...enaSuperVinlin

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes2007 View Post
    Can you explain how this is not simply requiring subscribers.. and lifers too I guess.. to buy quest packs? I don't see what makes this different that the regular content updates.
    I guess SSG is running out of money. It's pretty much like a punch in the face for paying subscribers, definitely not gonna buy this one and good that I already unsubbed.

I can forgive ###### performance on a game that's code is almost as old as myself, I can forgive updates with bugs at release, but selling small game updates that VIPs should get for subscribing is just greedy...

And don't forget the bigger Expansion with higher prices releasing probably not even six months after this scam.

What about race changes?

Time to pay for summer free-to-play-for-everyone i guess? Well..... it's sad but i can understand this.

Seems pricey for something described as "mini".

I'm going to wait to learn more about it and what actual content is included.
    The free play for the summer was great and I might forgive them a little for a $100 quest pack if not for the fact that the last couple months have eroded my confidence in the server stability down to a grain of sand.

Been playing since beta days. Love the game and want to help to keep them in business. Yep I'm gonna shell out the $100.

(flame away, I don't care)
    Formerly from Elendilmir

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week.
    Gen. Patton

I think they are experimenting with a new release formula like they do every year. We are still feeling the repercussions of the 4295LP Helm's Deep pack. From the perspective of a returnee, they were given ample time - like three months - to play everything for free and now there is something on the horizon they have to use real money for to have instant access to. Even Disney is charging people $30 to watch Mulan right now on top of their subscription price until December 4th.

As controversial as it is, it feeds on the need to pay the money for the content or you will be "missing out on" something. You can always patiently wait until the content is offered for lotro points. It took about three or four months before both Mordor and Minas Morgul expansions were offered for lotro points. You can preoccupy your time with other things. It will still be awhile before the next expansion. Their producer's letter mentioned something about a Challenge Server coming this fall.

Ok. let's help mitigate this. SSG, at least add Lotro points to these bundles, like 1000 LP for normal, 3000 LP for CE and 5000 LP for UE.

$20 for a new raid and some additional quest content is fair, assuming it's good content and not super broken. I don't mind paying for content, it's a business.. you can't just expect everything for free. The higher bundle prices are pretty high, but... you don't have to buy them if you don't want he cosmetics. I'm actually excited for this, I think the $20 price point is pretty fair.
    Meliane - [EU] Snowbourn
    Meliana - Elendilimir (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Anardil View Post
    $20 for a new raid and some additional quest content is fair, assuming it's good content and not super broken. I don't mind paying for content, it's a business.. you can't just expect everything for free. The higher bundle prices are pretty high, but... you don't have to buy them if you don't want he cosmetics. I'm actually excited for this, I think the $20 price point is pretty fair.
    Assuming the raid is included in the base pack, then yes, it would be fair. But this is a first for this game, charging for filler content. It's not a typical expansion, with a level cap raise etc. It's just an add on to level 130 content. That kind of content is usually free to paying subscribers and available for LP for premium or free players at launch.

Given it's a new concept, perhaps the raid will only be included in the higher packages.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast