We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The LOTRO Beacon: Issue 172 is now available!

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Friday, August 28th. Good luck!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Something with a light, like a miner's helmet!

Newsboy cap! (at least I don't think there is one..and if there is..someone please tell me where to find it!)

ps- any cute hat that lets a female character's hair still show if it is long, or a pony tail.
    Last edited by MerryCav; Aug 21 2020 at 07:16 PM. Reason: adding a ps

Post of July 28 2020:
    Severlin | Executive Producer | A Note of Apology and Thanks
    Greetings,

In the last week, as our players are aware, we have experienced ongoing outages due to environmental and infrastructure challenges. The cause was outside the scope of code and bugs, and solving these issues required (and requires) substantial restructuring of our server infrastructure. We have completed the first wave of those changes, and will continue to work on and hone these improvements in the coming weeks to make the experience better for our players.

I wanted to personally apologize for these outages. As a gamer myself, I understand how frustrating it is. We are planning on giving our VIP players compensation for lost VIP time, and the teams have put together an in-game care package as an apology and to help players catch up on lost progress.

Robert Ciccolini

-

He did warn us.
    We did not listen -.-

Thumbs down

No mention of woeful server performance and outages. Would be nice to see a section on how you guys plan on better communication and what is planned to fix the mess.

But hey its ok there are more regurgitated events to smooth over the anger

Boy! Where do I start?..
    So many new cosmetics so near the wanted concept, but just outside of hitting the spot for me.
    Latest want would probably be some sort of tribal headband or a proper looking horned helmet.

We need a beret!

What type of headwear is missing from LotRO?

Masquerade masks! Or just something maskish that doesn't envelop the entire head. Would be so much fun around Hallowe'en/Harvestmath. Bandits/highwaymen, superheroes, opera ghosts, the Lone Ranger; the possibilities are endless! Somebody could throw a masquerade ball. "Who was that masked Hobbit? And where did my pie go?" (Unless of course it happens that a thing like this already exists and I have merely missed it, in which case please ignore me.)
    Native Crickhollower, also on Landroval and Ithil
    Alts: Weirwillow, Zlytherin, Dwymir, Daanaduial, Tippto, Parmandir, Rosamira, Angaladh

Tinfoil hat.

What type of headwear is missing from LotRO?

Berets, definitely berets.

After which, we need tartan kilts.
    Immigrant from the City of Paragon. We are heroes. This is what we do.

Founding member of Mornost Gwend of Gladden. "We shout a lot!"

We need more helmets with horns coming out of them so the Dwarfs can have more options when they're RP'ing Vikings.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

The type that doesn't make your long hair short! I mean.. my high elf warden who wears full elvish armor would look so much better if his golden hair actually comes out of the helmet.

Lotro doesn't have any cowboy hats!

A *Halo*? (Not to be confused with a giant ring, of course.)
    “Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay; Small acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps because I am afraid, and he gives me courage.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuilerie is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Student of Ainulindalë

What type of headwear is missing from LOTRO?

Not headgear, but hairstyles. Missing some for my female elves that were lost after the work with the avatars some years ago.
    Ealendil of Doriath, composer and member of Lindamar, Vanimar, Laurelin

What type of headwear is missing from LOTRO?

More silly hats! There's no such thing as "too many" of those!

Thanks for your work Lotro News.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1f21b00000006c02d/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

-What type of headwear is missing from LOTRO?

I would love to see new hairstyles. Maybe as a cosmetic head item that can be equipped? There is some headgear and some hats that, when equipped, already kind of change a portion of your hair, so an expansion of this idea would be amazing.

Example: Floral Archer's Hat (the cowboy leather looking hat) adds sideburns for male characters and kind of compacts and ties up longer hairstyles.

If not possible, then can we please get more party masks or glasses/spectacles? If outside of the 'technology' for the time, it could be an empty glasses frame. Even though we do have the Gem Inspector's Helmet which seems to have a magnifying monocle.

Thank you!

The Chiquita Banana fruit salad hat.

Baseball caps. With sayings like Breeland Fair Grounds or The Party Tree and special editions for server wide events like weatherstock.

Headwear

Hmm, that's a good question. I think I'm going to side with the person who suggested masquerade masks. Those would definitely add an interesting element! A lot of the other ideas are really cool as well though, such as having caps for events and such.
    Arkenstone player. Tinethrum (Man Captain), Sokilvar (Dwarf Champion), and Scuthlo (Hobbit Burglar).

need more heavy helmets with open face

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiel View Post
    We need a beret!
    yay a good ol' lotr beret? who wore it???

Quote Originally Posted by nu2war View Post
    Baseball caps. With sayings like Breeland Fair Grounds or The Party Tree and special editions for server wide events like weatherstock.
    you are kidding right?

Flat caps and bowler hats. Something more hobbity.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast