We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Physical Merchandise

I am kinda surprised you all do not have like a small merch store for coffee mugs t-shirts and so forth I would kinda like a lotro or standing stones coffee mug.
    One Does Not Simply Walk into Minas Tirith they rubber band in!!

I like that idea.
    "You can't fight the Enemy with his own Ring without turning into an Enemy" - J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter # 81

Yes...

Mouse pad
    Coaster
    N95 mask (or gaiter thingy)
    Shoehorn

Well, that last one may not generate much demand, but I'd buy one.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

Well, in Germany there's a shop which has got merchandise for most important fantasy and science fiction universes, so ok it's not LotRo but LotR and the things they have look quite nice. I've got a "Middle Earth Map" blanket and a set of "The One Bed linen" which looks quite nice. I am not sure if the link is welcome here so if anyone wants to know the name you'll have to send me a private message. I don't know if they ship abroad though.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

*necro*

Yes! Seriously, yes! I want a damn LOTRO Shirt for literally years now. It seems to be only the Turbine/SSG staff are worthy of merch. If i look for other games offical merch variety, and their prices, there hast to be a friggin high profit margin. It's cheap to manufacture clothing but good income when you sell shirts for 30 bucks and upwards.

- (Expansion) Logo Shirts
    - Class Shirts
    - Creepside / Freepside Shirts <3

One can dream. But I would gladly support the game in this way and send my € over the ocean, right into SSG's pocket. And by the way: it's free advertising, too

A bit more insane and might cross a few boundaries, but one thing that would be really cool would be something like a partnership with HeroForge or the like where you could get a physical version of your character.

WoW did something similar a long time ago that I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by krypto182 View Post
    I am kinda surprised you all do not have like a small merch store for coffee mugs t-shirts and so forth I would kinda like a lotro or standing stones coffee mug.
    Have to admit that, as much as I'm fed up with the SSG team, their evil decision, and their poor treatment of players, and as much as I won't spend money on quest packs, even I would still buy a mug. Yeah, I'm damaged...

Quote Originally Posted by SotF View Post
    A bit more insane and might cross a few boundaries, but one thing that would be really cool would be something like a partnership with HeroForge or the like where you could get a physical version of your character.

WoW did something similar a long time ago that I remember.
    Similarly, Star Trek Online has done so too with ships. I'd totally throw money at the idea too.
    I'd love to see various trinkets too, usb sticks, keychains and the like.
    Check out my LOTRO videos on Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRX...jPUNAiwtrJ_eiw

If I remember correctly, during the 10th anniversary a bunch of the devs and the CM all were wearing LotRO merch and when people commented about wanting it, they were told it was an 'dev thing only' or something to that effect. I have also seen they occasionally send merch (maybe not since Mordor?) to Youtubers who mainly produce LotRO content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooule View Post
    If I remember correctly, during the 10th anniversary a bunch of the devs and the CM all were wearing LotRO merch and when people commented about wanting it, they were told it was an 'dev thing only' or something to that effect. I have also seen they occasionally send merch (maybe not since Mordor?) to Youtubers who mainly produce LotRO content.

What sort of merch?
    Check out my LOTRO videos on Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRX...jPUNAiwtrJ_eiw

I'd spring for a "cape" that really is a woven throw rug or blanket

I'd spend real money (as opposed to mithril coins or lotro points!) on real-life creations of some of the cape/cloak designs.

In fact, I have been slowly bribing industrious people I know to slowly favor the idea of weaving/knitting/and createinating stuff I otherwise have been trying to wish into existance.

A blanket, a throw rug, a fireplace mantlepiece--something plush and fuzzy.

Maybe even pajamas or underwear, too! But I won't speculate if my eager beaver cloak is suitable for such adornment!

Quote Originally Posted by Odinshaw View Post
    I'd spend real money (as opposed to mithril coins or lotro points!) on real-life creations of some of the cape/cloak designs.

In fact, I have been slowly bribing industrious people I know to slowly favor the idea of weaving/knitting/and createinating stuff I otherwise have been trying to wish into existance.

A blanket, a throw rug, a fireplace mantlepiece--something plush and fuzzy.

Maybe even pajamas or underwear, too! But I won't speculate if my eager beaver cloak is suitable for such adornment!
    Salivates at the prospect of a real-life Cloak of Durin's Crown...

For real! I'd even be alright with an 8-bit pixelated looking representation of a cross-stitch appearance of some of this stuff. Or if someone came up with crafts to craft while crafting in game to create non-creatable in-game items for real life use!

It may be a bit much to expect an inventory created and sold of the various things we might want (I can't imagine a wide variety of items would be regular 'movers' to keep on hand in inventory anywhere) but a "choose your own stitching template" might sell if there are a few patterns available.

I know I am not the only one to actually do something creatively technical as my character sweats over a forge -- lately I have been lapping/sanding copper for the purposes of optimizing my PC hardware cooling experiences -- and that sort of 'scheduled downtime' makes it easy to do so. Otherwise that sort of sensation that creeps up now and then that my in-game persona is totally over achieving compared to my own real life accomplishments. I have to make up for it somehow... by truly indulging in a manual grind after having done so virtually!

While I would not technically benefit from elf or dev magic from wearing a hooded busy bee cape while honing my PC's blade, it could highlight my ability to do menial tasks--and the cape (and many others) simply look good, too, regardless of context. I am the type of guy that has a Death Star throw rug, so it would be befitting (if not becoming or besomething [bee-something?]) to have a rectangular version of some of some of the artwork printed as a pattern decorating a seasonal rug or sort of floor mat for lightly used traffic areas or to have casually in view as lotro signaling for those web cam moments that show others how we've arranged our space without directly talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinshaw View Post
    For real! I'd even be alright with an 8-bit pixelated looking representation of a cross-stitch appearance of some of this stuff. Or if someone came up with crafts to craft while crafting in game to create non-creatable in-game items for real life use!

It may be a bit much to expect an inventory created and sold of the various things we might want (I can't imagine a wide variety of items would be regular 'movers' to keep on hand in inventory anywhere) but a "choose your own stitching template" might sell if there are a few patterns available.

I know I am not the only one to actually do something creatively technical as my character sweats over a forge -- lately I have been lapping/sanding copper for the purposes of optimizing my PC hardware cooling experiences -- and that sort of 'scheduled downtime' makes it easy to do so. Otherwise that sort of sensation that creeps up now and then that my in-game persona is totally over achieving compared to my own real life accomplishments. I have to make up for it somehow... by truly indulging in a manual grind after having done so virtually!

While I would not technically benefit from elf or dev magic from wearing a hooded busy bee cape while honing my PC's blade, it could highlight my ability to do menial tasks--and the cape (and many others) simply look good, too, regardless of context. I am the type of guy that has a Death Star throw rug, so it would be befitting (if not becoming or besomething [bee-something?]) to have a rectangular version of some of some of the artwork printed as a pattern decorating a seasonal rug or sort of floor mat for lightly used traffic areas or to have casually in view as lotro signaling for those web cam moments that show others how we've arranged our space without directly talking about it.
    Been looking lately at crushed velvet robes on ebay and the like to use as a template. Would want to closely follow the patterns etc of the cloaks I love in order to get the embroidering done properly.
    Btw, if anyone knows of a company that can do that in the UK (or even elsewhere) that doesn't charge astronomical costs, please DM me!