We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    But 20 MC is way too much for a 65$ house and pets and horses I already bought for money in the store.
    I am totally with you on this one.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    Another idea: VIPs get 1 pet or horse mark free per month, so you can make 1 housing item per month. That would be okay, too. But 20 MC is way too much for a 65$ house and pets and horses I already bought for money in the store.
    Or make it a special weekly VIP quest to earn a halter just like the task quest to earn a universal craft item. This I would be happy with ...
    "I swear to God, if this thing turns into a zombie attack, I am quitting." - Jack Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    I'm still trying to work out how the vocal minority read that the houses come with an entire new collection of housing items for free.
    So where exactly did SSG promise you vocal minority an entirely free collection of new items? I've been through it and can't find any mention of it.
    They didn't. But what they did say was:

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    Cosmetic Pets: Cosmetic pets can be hooked on most interior and exterior hooks.
    No extra conditions were stated, so it's a reasonable assumption is that this is complete information. We're not getting a free collection of new items: we're adapting an existing collection of items in a new way. Unfortunately, the sentence isn't actually true. My cosmetic pets cannot be hooked on anything. I can pay Mithril Coins to have decorations created from my pets, and then I can hook those decorations up, but that's very much not the same thing.

Notably, in today's +Cord of the Rings video stream (https://www.facebook.com/LOTRO/videos/757054521752887), he reads out the sentence, right from the release notes, at 18:35.
    Cosmetic pets can be hooked on most interior and exterior hooks, with the purchase of an item from the LotRO store.
    Except, of course, that's *not* what's in the release notes, and the second half of that sentence is really quite important.

Quote Originally Posted by legotho View Post
    Notably, in today's +Cord of the Rings video stream (https://www.facebook.com/LOTRO/videos/757054521752887), he reads out the sentence, right from the release notes, at 18:35.

Except, of course, that's *not* what's in the release notes, and the second half of that sentence is really quite important.

Gee, I wonder why that itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-little addition to the sentence was made now, AFTER the launch?

And the Devs wonder why the customers are upset?

Seriously...you just can't make this stuff up.

Had to do a moderation pass through this thread, dozens of reported posts. Tried to clean it up as best as I could. Remember: No naming and shaming, no fighting, no insults, no calling others whiners/haters/fanboys/whiteknights/etc. Tread carefully when debating each other. If I have to return to this thread and see the same people causing problems, most of those people will not be returning to the forums.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    *A round of applause*

"I refuse to participate in beta testing but I'm here to whine about not being told this was in open beta all along."

SSG has been wonderful at implementing beta player feedback over the past two years. The cost of 20 MC per cosmetic pet decor placement has successfully made it through beta testing with nary a complaint. Y'all really do get what you give.
    I didn't say that I don't participate in Beta Testing. I said that I don't read BR, as in - the BR forum. I participate in testing and raise bug reports if I find anything bugged. If the hidden costs of the pet placements were discussed by players on the forum, that means nothing. They discuss a lot of things. When I'm of a mind to buy something in game, I look at the product specification, not a forum where players are typing, mostly their likes and dislikes of an update. We see that all the time, on the general feedback forum too, but it means - nothing. It's chit chat between players and nothing more than that.

The info, the official info - comes from SSG, and they didn't put this small, but very important detail into their product info. Buyers make decisions based on this stuff.

That's my gripe. That's it, nothing more than that. I don't care that pet placement isn't included, I am happy with the house. I just think buyers should be properly informed of what they are paying for - before they pay for it.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I just think buyers should be properly informed of what they are paying for - before they pay for it.

That seems very reasonable.

Not sure why anyone would disagree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post

Ok. How much you pay for Rohan House? As example.

When one suffers from a "report" and we respond are our PMs deleted out of turn or read?

I'd let it pass but for a gross assumption implied for a parody misunderstood, my humor intended for a select few rather than for broader appeal.

I wonder who resorts to the report button instead of arguing their point of view.

In any case my appeal might take me to areas the forum constraints disallow but at least I can level the humor to the intended recipients at support and hopefully raise a grin during their trying times, if somewhat self inflicted.

More than reasonable, this is a necessity when selling anything, but I still think they could have done a better job by making an item you use and re-use (that has only one cost) rather than making you pay for every steed or cosmetic pet.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorpoetex View Post
    Or make it a special weekly VIP quest to earn a halter just like the task quest to earn a universal craft item. This I would be happy with ...
    Yes, that would be a great solution. I would love it and play the quest!

With their logic I'll bet SSG thought they were doing us a huge favor by including 5 horse halters as part of any premium house purchase. "Jeez, they're saving 100 MC! They shouldn't complain about that!"

hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by DaystarWarrior View Post
    With their logic I'll bet SSG thought they were doing us a huge favor by including 5 horse halters as part of any premium house purchase. "Jeez, they're saving 100 MC! They shouldn't complain about that!"

hahahaha
    And don't forget what they offer free content for us for 5 months. Imagine how many MC you can buy with that LP!

Are you reading this, Devs?

Once again you've turned the excitement of a loyal customer into disgusted anger by your deception and over-the-top greed.

Quite the way to reward those who stayed with you through last month's fiasco AND still decided to support you by buying a new home. Hope you're all proud of yourselves.
    After the last 4 years surely no one should be surprised about a monetization scheme that goes along with any new release or content.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythreindeer View Post
    After the last 4 years surely no one should be surprised about a monetization scheme that goes along with any new release or content.
    The monetisation comes as no surprise at all. Take the new race change token, yes, I was expecting it, and the overblown price. Not a problem though, as I can opt out.

The surprise came from the "hidden" monetisation. No way to know about it until "after" purchase. Horses, they gave us 5, so only the fact that it is not unlimited was hidden. Pets, no indication of the costs involved until you try to place one at your house, so totally concealed. The housing reputation, beefed up as a brand new feature, but, no mention that if you want the titles of each homestead, you have to buy a house in each.

So yes, that was a surprise, but, I doubt it will work again in the future. People will be watching out for this type of surprise in future updates, as a direct result of this hidden monetisation on this new feature. I know I will be.

The monetisation comes as no surprise at all. Take the new race change token, yes, I was expecting it, and the overblown price. Not a problem though, as I can opt out.

The surprise came from the "hidden" monetisation. No way to know about it until "after" purchase. Horses, they gave us 5, so only the fact that it is not unlimited was hidden. Pets, no indication of the costs involved until you try to place one at your house, so totally concealed. The housing reputation, beefed up as a brand new feature, but, no mention that if you want the titles of each homestead, you have to buy a house in each.

So yes, that was a surprise, but, I doubt it will work again in the future. People will be watching out for this type of surprise in future updates, as a direct result of this hidden monetisation on this new feature. I know I will be.
    I am in total agreement with this post. I'll be watching carefully too.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by Mythreindeer View Post

After everything else, I suppose you're right.

And as DavidmeetHal said, I'm sure everyone will be watching more closely and skeptically from now on.

It's a shame it has to come to that.

Will much actually change. If you always buy the mega expac pack sight unseen you are going to buy the next one. There'll be the fear of missing out for many to buy into it and one or two things of interest for others.

Do people have the resolve to hang back, it's been hard for me to wait on Minas Morgul in store for the first time. Missing out on months of currency/virtue earning only a lack of peer/kin/raid pressure and Dwarfhold handins holding the resolve. What kept me going was ultimately your posts about what you all were facing playing through it with surprises annoying you every other week and teach me the hurdles to avoid, thanks. Not to say I didn't stumble over a few of them though - crafting.

But can you imagine anyone not rushing to buy a River Hobbit-hole as soon as the Server status goes green on patch-day? No matter the notes discrepancies.

That they'd have better uptake with Rohan Housing being honest and open about it just tells us more about their insecurities.

After everything else, I suppose you're right.

And as DavidmeetHal said, I'm sure everyone will be watching more closely and skeptically from now on.

It's a shame it has to come to that.
    The problem is that people forget or they just don't care because when you buy something, all that you see it that shinny new thing. And not everyone reads the forums anyway, so there is a good chance that the same ''hidden monetisation'' will happen again.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    Will much actually change. If you always buy the mega expac pack sight unseen you are going to buy the next one. There'll be the fear of missing out for many to buy into it and one or two things of interest for others.

Do people have the resolve to hang back, it's been hard for me to wait on Minas Morgul in store for the first time. Missing out on months of currency/virtue earning only a lack of peer/kin/raid pressure and Dwarfhold handins holding the resolve. What kept me going was ultimately your posts about what you all were facing playing through it with surprises annoying you every other week and teach me the hurdles to avoid, thanks. Not to say I didn't stumble over a few of them though - crafting.

But can you imagine anyone not rushing to buy a River Hobbit-hole as soon as the Server status goes green on patch-day? No matter the notes discrepancies.

That they'd have better uptake with Rohan Housing being honest and open about it just tells us more about their insecurities.
    Buying the mega expac sight unseen stopped with HD in my case, and even then, it wasn't the legendary upgrade. I did snap up the Mordor Ultimate pack at some point in a sale and as for MM, the base pack was all I wanted.

I won't be rushing to buy a river hobbit hole on patch day. I may have been willing to swap out the idyllic Eastfold property and suck up the losses during the writ exchange rate if things were made right on this, but it's pretty clear (at least to me) that's not going to happen, so the river hobbit holes can sail West in an unfortunate landslide.

I'll be keeping a close eye out for Gundabad, and watching the forums, like I did with MM. Bugs I can deal with - they get acknowledged and fixed eventually, but any of this hidden monetisation stuff that's kept firmly under Mother's hat and I'll probably switch to a lower alt for a month or two, like I did when MM hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerguc View Post
    The problem is that people forget or they just don't care because when you buy something, all that you see it that shiny new thing. And not everyone reads the forums anyway, so there is a good chance that the same ''hidden monetisation'' will happen again.

I'm sure you're correct.

Which encourages it to be done again.

Which leads to more angry players.

Who forget quickly when they see the "new shiny thing".

Which encourages it to be done again.

And thus the cycle continues.... (cues Elton John singing, "The Circle of Life")

Seriously,

So I read the patch notes for U27.2.1 the QOL and bugs fixed in housing are appreciated. While I would want the monetization removed for VIP's or even reduced you did nothing. I got a ton of pets and mounts that I guess will never live on my property. If you are spending the mithril to use the hooks shame on you, you are telling SSG that this monetization is ok. The only way to get SSG to make a change is to not use the feature at all then maybe they will be like why is no one using the feature oh maybe because it is a total cash grab. They are many many many other ways you can make money in this game already. I use other monetization features a lot were I feel the feature should be monetized like the fast travel to quest turn in and the slot machine that is hobbit presents I cannot tell you how much I have spent there.
    One Does Not Simply Walk into Minas Tirith they rubber band in!!

Quote Originally Posted by krypto182 View Post
    Seriously,

So I read the patch notes for U27.2.1 the QOL and bugs fixed in housing are appreciated. While I would want the monetization removed for VIP's or even reduced you did nothing. I got a ton of pets and mounts that I guess will never live on my property. If you are spending the mithril to use the hooks shame on you, you are telling SSG that this monetization is ok. The only way to get SSG to make a change is to not use the feature at all then maybe they will be like why is no one using the feature oh maybe because it is a total cash grab. They are many many many other ways you can make money in this game already. I use other monetization features a lot were I feel the feature should be monetized like the fast travel to quest turn in and the slot machine that is hobbit presents I cannot tell you how much I have spent there.
    And you think using other monetization feature instead would change their mind? it will just send a
    its fine message. Fast travel is fine, i never use it myself.. I just get maps as soon as possible when
    creating new char.

Now for the slot-machine hobbit. Thats a problem, i dont care if a grown-up that have a job use it but
    when kids, yes kids also play this game. Introducing gambling to them is just bs. Thats why its so much
    mtx and lootboxes in todays game these days. I've never spent mithril on Hobbit-wheel.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by HeliStorm View Post
    And you think using other monetization feature instead would change their mind? it will just send a
    its fine message. Fast travel is fine, i never use it myself.. I just get maps as soon as possible when
    creating new char.

Now for the slot-machine hobbit. Thats a problem, i dont care if a grown-up that have a job use it but
    when kids, yes kids also play this game. Introducing gambling to them is just bs. Thats why its so much
    mtx and lootboxes in todays game these days. I've never spent mithril on Hobbit-wheel.

Just my 2 cents.

The game needs some ways to be monetized other than VIP subs while I do not use the fast travel that much it is still a feature i like and will pay the mithril to use from time to time same with the hobbit presents I will spend the 8 mithril from time to time but not a whole lot. I can understand what you mean with kids and how it can be habit forming believe me I have seen the horror stories on YouTube of kids racking up $1,000 of dollars in micro transaction charges. While I wish they had some sort of parental controls it comes down to the parents understanding and learning just what there kids are buying and make sure they educate and control the spending. I have and will continue to financially help support this game. I just wish this feature and not been monetized and had they decided to monetize it they should have communicated this in the patch notes and marketing beforehand and some bought houses just for the pet and mount features only to learn they want even more money to use the features though.
    One Does Not Simply Walk into Minas Tirith they rubber band in!!

As long as there are those willing to pay, hidden monetization or obvious, the schemes will continue. Not to get too political but the blue faces we see here are not the faces that make these decisions. The game for which I put LoTRO on the side for 2 years had a similar story of a controlling stake being purchased by an Eastern giant and the whole thing went into the loo faster than a Legolas bowshot.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast