We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    Remember the times when we would argue if new content would be fun rather than how will SSG monetize this?
    They can be both. If you don't think the content in LotRO is fun, don't play it. If you do like it, then small payments here and there are completely worth it in exchange. I've never had to worry that the content provided is fun because it always is. The game has been monetised ever since WB took over and made it F2P, and we're still here. Because loyal players are willing to pay for what makes us happy, and not expect everything for free. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothir View Post
    They can be both. If you don't think the content in LotRO is fun, don't play it. If you do like it, then small payments here and there are completely worth it in exchange. I've never had to worry that the content provided is fun because it always is. The game has been monetised ever since WB took over and made it F2P, and we're still here. Because loyal players are willing to pay for what makes us happy, and not expect everything for free. You're welcome.
    Let's just keep it to the facts, the increased monetization of this game is a clear sign of its decline, so is the overall quality. A healthy game doesnt need to charge unreasonable amounts of money for literally everything.
    Last edited by LotroVidz; Aug 06 2020 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    a well hidden cost, that they could have told us about beforehand. Principles!
    Hiding the cost of pet/mount placements was a stroke of marketing genius.
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Thodorin View Post
    I was very much looking forward to this function. But cost of 20 mithril coins per item, I am not willing to pay . I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pass on that.
    Dang, 20 MC is lot for something small like that. I still say that there should be no charge for using a function like that for a purchased premium item.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    Bravo
    Why? Obvious is obvious.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

That's not a fact, that's your opinion, and I disagree entirely.
    This is not an opinon, numbers dont lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelinarien View Post
    This was exactly my case. I didn't like neither the Belfalas style nor the neighbourhood layout, so I passed, waiting for a chance that they'd make Rohan at some point. That moment arrived and I snagged what I wanted. But I haven't spent any MC extra... I haven't even used the Steed halters included with the houses.. because we all know that there's always a decent probability of getting this scenario:

"Your Steeds decorations now will animate properly & roam around the stables areas. However, the mounts decorations created before these changes are implemented won't be updated to the new system"

And I'd be very, very, very peeved if this happened.
    Well, I placed one, because, I was totally unaware of the additional MC costs involved - because they didn't put it in the article or on the patch notes. Not placed anymore though, for the same reason as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    Hiding the cost of pet/mount placements was a stroke of marketing genius.
    And people not buying those hidden costs, and word of mouth about the problem is - their loss. I got what I paid for (minus the pet feature - which didn't arrive in the package, though limited mounts did), so I've lost nothing, except having any trust for the next marketing idea that comes along. I'm glad you agree that the cost was hidden though

Of course it's an opinion, you don't have any actual numbers beyond speculation, and speculation doesn't correlate to quality, either.
    We do have avarage numbers, the social panel lists every non-anon, and you can check the login data. You can also count the servers, look up the revenue SSG earned, compare the numbers of employees etc. Unless you have lost your memory its easy to spot where the quality has gone down.

so I've lost nothing, except having any trust for the next marketing idea that comes along.
    I've heard this song for years. Whining about a business trying to make income in order to keep offering the product to loyal customers is puerile and obtuse in equal measure. Miraculously, each time a new marketing idea rolls out, the whiners flock back onto the forums to whine some more. One would think they've lost trust long ago, as they keep claiming each time a new monetizing plan is introduced.

Back to the OP, the pet decor monetization was in plain sight on Bullroarer server for months. I note the current complainers were absent from the open beta forums. The amount of entitlement on display is unreal.
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

I've heard this song for years. Whining about a business trying to make income in order to keep offering the product to loyal customers is puerile and obtuse in equal measure. Miraculously, each time a new marketing idea rolls out, the whiners flock back onto the forums to whine some more. One would think they've lost trust long ago, as they keep claiming each time a new monetizing plan is introduced.

Back to the OP, the pet decor monetization was in plain sight on Bullroarer server for months. I note the current complainers were absent from the open beta forums. The amount of entitlement on display is unreal.
    If you sell a finished game product, people shouldn't have to enter the beta forum to be able to find out such an important thing as to find out how its monetized. Before you buy something it should be clear from the get go what it contains and what the limitations are.

Imagine buying a new game only to find out there is a paywall in the middle of it, without that being explained beforehand.. it's not acceptable. Hopefully they provide refunds.
    Last edited by LotroVidz; Aug 06 2020 at 12:09 PM.

I don't read Bullroarer. I gave up on that almost two years ago when they stopped considering feedback. I read the patch notes and the marketing article. It was not in plain sight on those, it was completely invisible.

I don't mind that pets aren't included. I just mind that it wasn't stated on the marketing tools or on the housing sale boards. Nobody should have to play beta to find out about a hidden cost on something they buy. It should be plainly stated - on the front of the tin.

A couple of weeks ago we had a massive server outage, and you know what, people complained about communication over it. I was in disagreement with them on that subject, though I didn't call them names, or entitled. Some people did, and that got their backs up - rightfully so.

You just proved them absolutely right with your last sentence. Good job.

I don't read Bullroarer. I gave up on that almost two years ago when they stopped considering feedback. .
    *A round of applause*

"I refuse to participate in beta testing but I'm here to whine about not being told this was in open beta all along."

SSG has been wonderful at implementing beta player feedback over the past two years. The cost of 20 MC per cosmetic pet decor placement has successfully made it through beta testing with nary a complaint. Y'all really do get what you give.
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,

-

*A round of applause*

"I refuse to participate in beta testing but I'm here to whine about not being told this was in open beta all along."

SSG has been wonderful at implementing beta player feedback over the past two years. The cost of 20 MC per cosmetic pet decor placement has successfully made it through beta testing with nary a complaint. Y'all really do get what you give.
    Are you aware of the amount of people actually "beta tests" this game? Usually around 10-30 people at best. The communication on bullroarer is really really bad. Just check the recent class feedback, almost every complaint got ignored.

I used to participate in the beta tests all the time back when they would leave Bullroarer up over the weekends. And there was a time when feedback made a difference, you could actually see changes made in response to our feedback. But that was years ago.

I did not know that the extra monetization of the Rohan housing was known and discussed on the Bullroarer forums. That's on me, and I will own it.

But I will never, EVER be happy about how SSG conveniently left the details of the extra MC charges off the announcement and the FAQ, and couldn't even be bothered to describe how the damm halters are supposed to work until after players had to take it on themselves to answer questions here on the forums.

Sneaky, tricksy indeed.
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    Are you aware of the amount of people actually "beta tests" this game? Usually around 10-30 people at best. The communication on bullroarer is really really bad. Just check the recent class feedback, almost every complaint got ignored.
    I usually seen 80-130 people on Bullroarer if I don't log really deep in the night.

Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    We shouldn't forget that the release notes did not say that *looking* at your horse would be for free.
    It will be 1 MC for a quick glance and 20 MC for an hour, otherwise you will see black bars.

+1 for clever sarcasm

+2 for pointing out glaring gaps in the reasoning of ridiculous defenses of a certain company

I have enjoyed LOTRO since day 1. Many, many years ago I decided to go VIP to support the game and to thank them for giving me such pleasure. I continue to do so. I get upset at the constant whining, especially from people who do not support the game. However, I do see faults with the game and do not like some of the things that have been done, or not done. I envisioned Rohan housing as an opportunity to see my horses roaming in my fenced pastures. OK, apparently, LOTRO couldn't do it my way. The idea of hitching posts made me think that I could have my horses in a stable of more limited size. Seeing only five horses at a time would have been ok if I could rotate which horses would appear. Now, I find, I have to choose five and never see my other horses unless I pay 20 MC, but I still only get to see five at a time. You have ended up giving critics of the game more ammunition to demonize the game. A better system would be to allow horses to be freely changed on the five posts and to sell yard items that provided additional posts for more and more horses to be shown. A small yard item might contain two hitching posts, a large four, a huge six, and an enormous eight. You could still make money, but players wouldn't feel cheated and blindsided. I hope you can make things better LOTRO.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrohir_of_Kellemar View Post
    You could still make money, but players wouldn't feel cheated and blindsided. I hope you can make things better LOTRO.

Some really good suggestions that I hope SSG takes a look at.

Forums : "Hey this game is becoming P2W! Stick to selling fluff for Cash!"

Devs: "We are introducing Rohan housing. Fluff-tastic"

Forums : "We are here to complain about the monetization of fluff!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    I usually seen 80-130 people on Bullroarer if I don't log really deep in the night.
    Half of those players are just there to use to free buff-room and mess around on free-PvMP.

The rest will test the content, but merely make comments in world-chat.

Those with passionate enough comments will take them to the forums,

Even fewer will bother filling out the tedious web-form to report bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by JimhadaUK View Post

If they didn't monetize in all these ways I wouldn't mind them making this IF it would have been clearly stated in the patch notes/housing article:
    1. Gear progression at endgame
    2. P2W items such as +5%damage increase, -10%inc damage, hope that stacks, bubble potions, healing potions,
    3. Stat tomes
    4. LI system
    5. Virtue system
    6. Daily tasks reset
    7. 100% crit chance items
    8. Complete crafting tiers

The list goes on and on, the game is already monetized in so many ways and still p2w in many regards. The house also costs Mithril than they want more Mithril on top of that. It's a bit too much I think. Also, Mithril would have been fine if there was an alternative currency to use that you earn in-game.

Nothing at all wrong with selling fluff for cash. I'll back that up, but the costs need to be known up front. No hidden surcharges.

Yeah this. I'm not buying bc no money, bad timing... don't expect me to clap for your fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    YES! Good explanation. The pet and mount feature should be free for VIP. Please consider that, SSG. I hate this extra monetization of rohan housing and I would have never bought a methall if I knew earlier. I wanted to buy another one but now I wont.
    Another idea: VIPs get 1 pet or horse mark free per month, so you can make 1 housing item per month. That would be okay, too. But 20 MC is way too much for a 65$ house and pets and horses I already bought for money in the store.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast