We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

-1 after a character's name and they are the original and ONLY character with that name on server.

I have a character on the Brandywine server. He was my main character and reached lv 100 by the time I lost access to LotRO due to lack of internet access/PC problems. I had last played him long before the server merges. When I finally managed to get back in game in Dec of 2018 I found Arthad was now Arthad-1. I added Arthad to my friends list to find out if there was another Arthad on the server. What I found out is that, yes, there IS another Arthad and that Arthad is ME. That Arthad is a lv 100 Hunter logged out in Lebinnin and in the Fellowship of the Roges, the Kin I am in. I filed a ticket and it got closed. I was also told to file a bug report which I did. I have not seen anything take place to correct this. I am not all that worried about it but it would be nice to get it fixed. I have mostly been playing over on Ithil re-learning the game and when I do log onto Brandywine I prefer my newer character Bryanil who is my new main character on Brandywine.

I am not expecting prompt action on this because this is not a high priority for me but it would be nice to get rid of that -1 after Arthad's name and not having to close out the msg that I have a name-change due to his character.
    Bryannil Eketta on Brandywine
    Bryaniel Eketta on Ithil
    Shin Ki-jun on Turbine's Asheron's Call Morningthaw Server
    Member of The Fellowship of the Rogues on the Brandywine Server

Quote Originally Posted by ArahadEketta View Post
    ... I added Arthad to my friends list to find out if there was another Arthad on the server. What I found out is that, yes, there IS another Arthad and that Arthad is ME. That Arthad is a lv 100 Hunter logged out in Lebinnin and in the Fellowship of the Roges, the Kin I am in. ...r.
    Arthad is not your character. This character was created by someone else - but never logged in.

There is a bug in the friends list that occurs when a character is created but never logged in. You can try this bug yourself (when the server transfers are active again):

Quote Originally Posted by Thodorin View Post
    The friendlist error can be reproduced:

1. create a character on Anor - but do not log in !! (the error occurs only if this character was never logged in)

2. create a character with the same name on Ithil and level up

3. transfer character from Ithil to Anor for free

4. log in the transferred character on Anor

5. restart the client (otherwise you cannot put both characters on your friend list)

6. put with a third character both characters on the friends list

7. result: in the character overview the different levels are listed correctly - in the friends list the character without -1 has the wrong datas like level and location

No, the Arthad on my Friends list IS my character. My character was the Arthad of Brandywine and the character that shows up on my friends list is a lv 100 Hunter who is a member of the Fellowship of the Rogues and logged out in Lebinenn about the time I last logged that character out of game. I ALSO went to the trouble to add Arthad-1 to my friends list shortly after I first logged on and the stats, Kin and location all matched. This means that when they did the server merge, Arthad got duped and then the new duped character became the ACTIVE character with the -1 added to the name.
    Bryannil Eketta on Brandywine
    Bryaniel Eketta on Ithil
    Shin Ki-jun on Turbine's Asheron's Call Morningthaw Server
    Member of The Fellowship of the Rogues on the Brandywine Server

Quote Originally Posted by ArahadEketta View Post
    ... Arthad got duped and then the new duped character became the ACTIVE character with the -1 added to the name.
    Arthad is not a duplicated character. Look at the evidence picture upstairs. In the erroneous friend list, both characters have level 4, in the character overview, the never logged in character has level 1 and not "Archet" - the transferred character has level 4.(The only difference to your character is that I created both characters for the test myself.)

The error occurs because a never logged in character has no data in the friend list. Only when a character with the same name is transferred to this server does the never logged in character receive the data for the friends list of the transferred character and can be added to the friends list. The data of -1 is updated correctly. The data of without -1 will be permanently and would only be corrected when the character is logged in. As soon as the server transfers are working again you can test it yourself.

Did you ever get an acknowledgement from a /bug that it's a known issue? Anyone's played character should surely have naming priority over someone just blocking it from the intro.

If they are not addressing it before a whole load of Bombadil transfers or not open up intro characters for display we'll just have support swamped again.