We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

250 LP VIP gift.

The 250 Apology-LP has hit our accounts, both my VIP accounts got it. Check your account.

My next invoice is still set to the 22nd, it's on the 22nd every three months..... That should in theory become the 27th.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Yeah, just noticed the extra 250 LP today.
    Nice...I didn't see that coming. Thanks SSG.

Plus, the free quest pack thing worked for me even as a VIP. Not that I needed it, since I've purchased all of the expansions and keep an annual VIP sub. I usually don't see expansions and quest packs in the store but it's good to have them in case I ever drop my VIP sub.

Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    The 250 Apology-LP has hit our accounts, both my VIP accounts got it. Check your account.

My next invoice is still set to the 22nd, it's on the 22nd every three months..... That should in theory become the 27th.
    We're still working on getting the VIP time extensions out to VIPs. Thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    We're still working on getting the VIP time extensions out to VIPs. Thank you for your patience.
    What is the situation for people like myself who were VIP during the downtime but whose subscription has now run out? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmithBeer View Post
    What is the situation for people like myself who were VIP during the downtime but whose subscription has now run out? Thanks!
    From what I remember from the last time this happened: VIP needs to be ACTIVE at the time they award it, they are not giving out a "free 5 days VIP" coupon code. So if you want 35 days of VIP, make sure you subscribe this weekend for 30 days....
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

From what I remember from the last time this happened: VIP needs to be ACTIVE at the time they award it, they are not giving out a "free 5 days VIP" coupon code. So if you want 35 days of VIP, make sure you subscribe this weekend for 30 days....

Thanks for the info although this is a bit unfortunate if true as it really stuffs people in that position.

Can a Dev confirm whether this the case, and whether if I resubscribe again I will gain the extra days and LP?

I asked the same question in the other thread

My best friend started playing LOTRO during the free period but took a month of VIP which expired on the 28 July as he enjoyed playing - Due to the downtime he only got to play VIP for only half of the time he'd payed for and due to the issues hasn't extended VIP for the moment. Does he get the VIP extension and LP? as really imho anyone that was VIP during the time should- as they paid for a service that wasn't delivered.

Surely SSG should be able to do this .

Having paid for a service that wasn't supplied and then finding out you won't get any compensation as you haven't continued paying for said service that you didn't receive in the first place is not exactly going to encourage any new player to stick around and spend any more money (and to be honest doesn't exactly encourage me (a player since codemasters days) to try and encourage people to try LOTRO out either).

Myself I have 3 accounts and have for years - 2 were VIP though I've only re-subscribed on my main account. I'm not so fussed for myself as I have plenty of LP but surely retaining new player / (and current player) especially those that did purchase/subscribe should be a focus.
    Taking the Scenic Path to Mordor

Thanks a lot, SSG, for the 250 Lotro points! Much appreciated!

Awarding 250 LP more easy, adding VIP time always takes more time

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmithBeer View Post
    Thanks for the info although this is a bit unfortunate if true as it really stuffs people in that position.
    It would stuff you for $0.50 a day, yes. (If you picked the most expensive option which is $15 monthly).

Problem is, its going to be a nightmare to sort it out otherwise. Say there is 10 days of downtime. On every single of those 10 days, VIP accounts probably expired, so you are looking at say 5 different awards.
    But, during the downtime some people may have subscribed to VIP, adding another complication. Then there are the people that had their subscription laps on day 2 of the downtime, were able to log in on day 5, and resub....

And before you know it, you have a few dozen combinations that are possible, each maybe entitled to a different amount of VIP days and LP, and it becomes a massive fustercluck and a logistical nightmare.

So they need to keep it simple: When the awards go out, they go out to active VIP accounts. It would become much to complicated otherwise.....
    -----

So they need to keep it simple: When the awards go out, they go out to active VIP accounts. It would become much to complicated otherwise.....

In the "keeping it simple" theme...what would happen if they gave EVERY player 10 days of VIP to make up for this fiasco?

Not twenty days.

Not a month.

Just ten days of VIP.

Those who had never experienced it before might appreciate the new "benefits" and actually try it for longer (bringing in income). And those who are already VIP would feel as if the "thank you gift" was more fitting given the time lost to the servers being down.

Some of you will no doubt argue, "Well, that's unprecedented, the Devs have never done that before!"

Exactlly.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    In the "keeping it simple" theme...what would happen if they gave EVERY player 10 days of VIP to make up for this fiasco?
    I think people would be happy. Would be a good stunt as well. The VIP vendor in Bree would get really crowded all over sudden.

But.... they would also shoot themselves in the foot. VIP gives certain benefits that you would otherwise have to pay for. Give 10 days of VIP, and everyone would be creating toons to ensure they get all the good benefits such as gold cap removal, trait slots, level them out if the intro, perhaps get their crafting far enough along to get them into a crafting guild..... Basically all the things that a free player would likely have to spend money on (or grind for months), even with all the free quest packs. So giving away VIP is just really bad business.

Mind you, giving away VIP is a whole different thing than the free quest packs. People able to play the game all the way to past level 100 will likely make them spend money on above VIP perks, and if you just give them away for free it would probably hurt them more financially. They have this really well balanced, and the game has a bigger population because of it.
    -----

I appreciate 250 LP tons. Back in the UO and EQ days when the servers crashed you were just out of luck. So yeah, I really appreciate this. Thanks SSG!
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

They have this really well balanced, and the game has a bigger population because of it.

Are you being serious with this statement?

They have this really well balanced, and the game has a bigger population because of it.
    ROTFLMAO bigger population, that's funny. This game got a BIGGER population due to going F2P. They was struggling to get so many subscribers so F2P came in. I have played this game for little over 9 years & the lowest the population out of those 9 years I have played is now. You can see the population has dwindled considerably through the years. I mean they just don't close over half of there servers just for the heck of it.

Even the legendary servers are pretty much dead now too.

Once again, premium players are treated like ####e. Prejudiced hypocrites.

I think people would be happy. Would be a good stunt as well. The VIP vendor in Bree would get really crowded all over sudden.

But.... they would also shoot themselves in the foot. VIP gives certain benefits that you would otherwise have to pay for. Give 10 days of VIP, and everyone would be creating toons to ensure they get all the good benefits such as gold cap removal, trait slots, level them out if the intro, perhaps get their crafting far enough along to get them into a crafting guild..... Basically all the things that a free player would likely have to spend money on (or grind for months), even with all the free quest packs. So giving away VIP is just really bad business.

Mind you, giving away VIP is a whole different thing than the free quest packs. People able to play the game all the way to past level 100 will likely make them spend money on above VIP perks, and if you just give them away for free it would probably hurt them more financially. They have this really well balanced, and the game has a bigger population because of it.
    I'd have to disagree with this I think. The way I see it, it could be good business.

1. They have given all players all non expac content for free.
    2. They have given all pre-Mordor expac content at a greatly reduced LP cost.

That's a lot of potential LP earning through normal game play. Meaning, f2p players no longer have to regrind the four low level free areas to earn the LP needed to buy the things like gold cap removal, riding, trait slots, guild crafting etc. All that stuff has become available to them without the need to "grind for months", because now all they have to do is play the content that they got for free and they will earn those points. The requirement to spend money - decreased.

So, giving VIPs that actually lost time during the outages MUST happen - whether those players are still subscribed or not. They lost game time that they paid for.

To ensure that, giving everyone some VIP time would be a good idea IMO. Especially now with the VIP perks. Those turn off once VIP is dropped, so players will miss them once the free VIP time lapses.

There is more chance of f2p players spending some money on getting those perks back, than spending money on LP that they can now earn through playing content normally if you ask me. It would also ensure their Premium players get something. They also spend money on this game.

At the very least, if SSG are of the thinking that they have given free players enough already with the free content, they could give the VIP time to their Premium players. They have already unlocked things by spending money, and the new VIP perks may encourage them to pick up a longer sub.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

It is really sad that people like myself who were VIP but whose subscription has since lapsed haven't heard word of any compensation yet. At present AFAIK we haven't got anything at all despite being hardest hit than other VIPs since a larger proportion of our time was unusable.

Perhaps a simple solution would be to credit us with 250 LP (as for people who are still VIP) and an addition 250 LP in lieu of additional VIP time. I think in terms of compensation for amount paid this works out very close and would be far simpler to implement.

I'm excited about the 250LP, especially since Rohan housing is coming SOON (TM). I've been saving my VIP allowance for a Rohan house for ages.

I do rather think that folks should get the LP, at least, if their VIP was active at the time of the downtime. That seems fair.
    On Crickhollow: Wenslydale (Hobbit Burglar), Leolwyn (Woman Hunter)
    On Anor, Mithril League: Ardith (Woman Captain)
    Learning to raid on Anor https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...League-Kinship

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    I got it, but I think I only got 4 days.

My original bill date was the 22nd, now it is the 26th.

Extending it from the 22nd the 23rd would be 1 day.
    24th - 2 days.
    25th - 3 days.
    26th - 4 days.
    27th - 5 days.

My new billing date SHOULD be the 27th, not the 26th if 5 days were given. @SSG_RedPanda, can you take a look at that?
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post

Some of you will no doubt argue, "Well, that's unprecedented, the Devs have never done that before!"

Exactlly.
    Agreed.
    Actually, they HAVE done it before! LOOK! MORE LAMBAS BREAD!

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ree-trial-work