We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Rohan housing: Kinstead meadows streets

While the Kingstead meadows looks nice, But Its the names of streets that feel like no inspiration was added into them, they basically just different names of what you call a horse (Colt, Mare, Filly)... I would vote to have the names changed to anything way more interesting that fits.
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

i want the kingstead neighborhood placed somewhere else!
    or disapear! come on guys this placement is so ungly and out of lore!
    place it somewhere else, make some small houses too, give a none premium neighborhood at dale or lake town or out of erebor at the hills!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    place it somewhere else, make some small houses too, give a none premium neighborhood at dale or lake town or out of erebor at the hills!
    I think its fine with the changes they made, already we talked about its location in many other threads lets not do it again here, this about the street names.
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    I think its fine with the changes they made, already we talked about its location in many other threads lets not do it again here, this about the street names.
    with 40 words i m giving 7 mesagges, this must be something!
    and the names........ yes i agree they should be lorewise!
    that means horsenames indeed, we all know how much they love their horses, but in the Rohiric language or old english at least!
    i dont mind gaelic too, already used from LotRo developers but not for the Rohirim .....
    i ll give some appropriate names examples: Mearas, Ethelpryd, Eadwine, Elfwine, Elfpryd!
    anoter type of naming should be old kings or heroes lost in the war!
    still my major concern is the losing of the plains for the sake of a huge premium neighborhood near major city,
    while the belfalas one is smartly placed on the right position!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Honestly, its one of those things where I would have liked more creative, Anglo-Saxon / Old English names, but even so:

Its just a practical function for housing.

As far as Lore goes, the Rohirrim do not name their streets. They are a horse culture based loosely on Anglo-Saxon England circa 800 AD - 1099 AD, re-imagined with horses as central to their culture, not the post-William-the-Conqueror-Frankish-invasion that introduced French customs and such to England over the following centuries

I have the same problem with, in the landscape, them drawing roads everywhere too. When Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli cross the plains, they cross the plains! The Uruk-hai certainly weren't following a well-marked road toward Fangorn either! :P

The in-game roads only exist for players who have troubles getting lost, understandably so- so.... I try not to take them seriously lore-wise

Still, using something like Weard Road or Eorlingas Lane would be more welcome
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He transferred to Landroval.

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    You still nagging about this?

Actually it fits the lore perfectly. Edoras as a city does not stand alone. The capital of Rohan should have farms spread around and close to it.
    And as the other guy pointed out to you, they have removed the wall and most of the towers surrounding the homestead, making it a natural part of the Rohan plains, which was a constructive feedback SSG listen too.

I had just time to take a quick look at the Kingstead neighborhood before Bullroarer closed again. Without the palisades and most of the towers gone it looks much better, more like the outskirts of Edoras proper with its surrounding fields. I just still wish there was a way to put a non-instanced version without invisible walls in the landscape, then it would be close to perfect.
    New Order, maggots: Eat more carrots! The Dark Lord isn't pleased that none of you can see further than the end of your sword.