We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    I'll give them one thing: Daybreak made them introduce loot-boxes and store only keys for P2W and they fought back by putting caps on all the currencies they derived and destroy any sensible reason to use them when capped.

Not having felt the need to buy any of the gift items before thought it best to go look at their store pricing. Got annoyed at using up 4 storage slots as they are "bought from store" tagged.

Combined full price was 1425 LP so I guess this might seem like a gift of value. It had me remember that argument about the consumables they made being equivalent to the essence recipes other vocations had access to, didn't that lesson stick?

Don't most of us want to be purchasing tangible lasting things from the store; unlocks and extra capacity etc., or solvents ofc, we are used to that... and why some consumables gift didn't go down as well as that carry-all a while back that's in the ball park of the same store cost?

Mind you 5 Legacy Tier Upgrades would be comparable in cost, how'd we reckon that backlash would go? 20 Smiths for many.

So it comes down to our individual perception of the value against the cost of things in the store. A lasting gift for my new f2p char would have been Shared Storage and gold cap, given LP instead. But lasting memories maybe not wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    Not having felt the need to buy any of the gift items before thought it best to go look at their store pricing. Got annoyed at using up 4 storage slots as they are "bought from store" tagged.

Combined full price was 1425 LP so I guess this might seem like a gift of value. It had me remember that argument about the consumables they made being equivalent to the essence recipes other vocations had access to, didn't that lesson stick?

Don't most of us want to be purchasing tangible lasting things from the store; unlocks and extra capacity etc., or solvents ofc, we are used to that... and why some consumables gift didn't go down as well as that carry-all a while back that's in the ball park of the same store cost?

Mind you 5 Legacy Tier Upgrades would be comparable in cost, how'd we reckon that backlash would go? 20 Smiths for many.

So it comes down to our individual perception of the value against the cost of things in the store. A lasting gift for my new f2p char would have been Shared Storage and gold cap, given LP instead. But lasting memories maybe not wanted.

1425 LP? Give me the LP and I buy a carry all. This is also more then half the new xpack in the store and lots of MC to help with the new housing. These items which I rarely use are worth that much? Never thought that. I don't use xp accelerators, if needed buy my reputation enhancers from the skirm camp and the 2000 vxp are made with one deed. I have some slayer accelerators in my bank from hobbit gifts.

But it's a gift that is supposed to make up for lost time and that's what each and everyone of them does. We lost xp, reputation, vxp, and in a way slayer deeds because we didn't play.

I made my point on a previous thread already. I just think SSG has no passion for what they do and it shows on every level. But that's fine. As long as the food served in your favorite restaurant lives up to your expectations, you'll continue to visit, regardless of the level of service provided by the staff. My wine won't taste any worse because the waitress did not smile upon pouring a glass. My steak won't be any less tender because I'm sitting on a worn-out bench instead of a decent seat.

But this was not the case. My favorite restaurant, who's staff I wouldn't recongize when walking down the street while crossing them due to how 'grey' and uninteresting they are, was closed. I didn't get my wine, didn't get my steak. But a man's gotta eat, right? So I visited a different restaurant and I must admit; I was pleasantly surprised. I don't see myself visiting my once-favorite restaurant anytime soon. I'll miss some of the other regular customers, but the restaurant itself? Not anytime soon. I only hope there's not too many like me, for if everyone of us all of a sudden decided to go for lunch elsewhere, a 'for sale' sign may soon show up on the porch.

I'm thinking a grand reopening might do the trick. Have Gordon Ramsay do 'une acte de présence' perhaps. Send out an email to all regular customers, telling them of a special evening in light of the grand re-opening. But a simple coupon of 2.5€ on my next bottle of wine? Nah, I'll pass, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    And players that are already incredibly frustrated at the last two weeks, and due to this paltry "gift" decide to quit being VIP entirely don't effect "the revenue stream"?

When a business has a disruption of the scale this one just had...it needs to go out-of-its-way to make things right for the vast majority of it's customers. Especially when many of its customers already suspect it of being apathetic towards them

That's something that SSG apparently still hasn't learned.
    So ... you have data on what the "vast majority" of SSG's customer's are thinking? I don't. For all I know, they DID 'make things right' for the vast majority. But maybe you know more than I do about that.

It's trade offs. Anybody on a tight budget knows what it's like to NOT be able to spend as much on X as you want because the bills are due for Y. I would guess that in order to make sure this doesn't happen in the future, they just had to invest $$$ into infrastructure changes - and now that will have to be financed going forward.

It is most certainly possible they will (have?) lost some customers due to this outage and the way they are perceived by some to have handled it. Ultimately, though, that just begs questions around whether or not anything they did would please some folks.
    Pew! Pew! Pew!

Quote Originally Posted by WhifOfDespair View Post
    But maybe you know more than I do about that.

Perhaps.

But as even you admitted, it is almost certain that SSG is still losing customers over this continuing fiasco. Now it's just a matter of IF they can stop the bleeding in time.

Perhaps.

But as even you admitted, it is almost certain that SSG is still losing customers over this continuing fiasco. Now it's just a matter of IF they can stop the bleeding in time.
    Actually, no. I did not admit that. The words I used were "It's certainly possible". That is different from "it is almost certain".

IS there bleeding that needs to be stopped? Maybe. Do you have any real data that says that there is?
    Pew! Pew! Pew!

Actually, no. I did not admit that. The words I used were "It's certainly possible". That is different from "it is almost certain".

IS there bleeding that needs to be stopped? Maybe. Do you have any real data that says that there is?

The exact words you used were "most certainly possible". If you see a dramatic difference between that and my summary of what you said, my apologies.

As far as "real data" that says customers are leaving the game in frustration...well, I suggest you read other threads on these forums and talk to other players in the game. The real question isn't IF there are players leaving over all this...but how many of them are.

The exact words you used were "most certainly possible". If you see a dramatic difference between that and my summary of what you said, my apologies.

As far as "real data" that says customers are leaving the game in frustration...well, I suggest you read other threads on these forums and talk to other players in the game. The real question isn't IF there are players leaving over all this...but how many of them are.
    I've read many threads on these forums. 'Been doing so for years. I'm very dubious that the forums are very representative of the larger player base.

But yes, that is a real question. I just don't seen any evidence that you or I know the answer to it.
    Pew! Pew! Pew!

I've read many threads on these forums. 'Been doing so for years. I'm very dubious that the forums are very representative of the larger player base.

But yes, that is a real question. I just don't seen any evidence that you or I know the answer to it.
    Given that SSG only promote mediocrity and prefer the more subdued player they have on the DDO side along with an IP that draws a non standard MMORPG crowd then yes a good deal will be happy dressing up and escaping to a fantasy world. Game systems and their frequent changes without any much attempt at explaining intensions has them bemused but assuming SSG must know best and the rest ### - why the flip did they think that was a good idea. Is it pure callousness when they promote streamers who never got the plot and spout their tripe to the innocents in return for groveling reviews and passive aggressive store and sub promotion. That or just an abject failure on choice of bedfellows and neglect of any oversight, actually the patsy in the deal and their conceit blinds them to it. The danger of closing ones eyes to iniquity is the basic theme of the Books, are so few left? Grima's whispers, bad them, ban them, ban them the Sapience legacy to a naïve new CM?

Sure indulge all the talent and keep them cocooned. Subdue the player-base, Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    Given that SSG only promote mediocrity and prefer the more subdued player they have on the DDO side along with an IP that draws a non standard MMORPG crowd then yes a good deal will be happy dressing up and escaping to a fantasy world. Game systems and their frequent changes without any much attempt at explaining intensions has them bemused but assuming SSG must know best and the rest ### - why the flip did they think that was a good idea. Is it pure callousness when they promote streamers who never got the plot and spout their tripe to the innocents in return for groveling reviews and passive aggressive store and sub promotion. That or just an abject failure on choice of bedfellows and neglect of any oversight, actually the patsy in the deal and their conceit blinds them to it. The danger of closing ones eyes to iniquity is the basic theme of the Books, are so few left? Grima's whispers, bad them, ban them, ban them the Sapience legacy to a naïve new CM?

Sure indulge all the talent and keep them cocooned. Subdue the player-base, Job done.
    Ha ha! Well done. You've manage to insult not just SSG, but also the majority of their users, all in one post.

Good thing there are posters on these forums who know so much better and can alert all the mindless sheep, all the 'mediocre' players, to the doom they are walking to with their eyes closed.
    Pew! Pew! Pew!

Ha ha! Well done. You've manage to insult not just SSG, but also the majority of their users, all in one post.

So...do you have any "real evidence" to back up that statement?

lol Take care.

So...do you have any "real evidence" to back up that statement?

T'was an observation (of the post I was responding to), not an assertion.
    Pew! Pew! Pew!

One thing that I have to add here is that the VIP time extension is really the bare minimum. One could discuss if this was the average downtime per server, but the servers were in an unplayable state for a much longer time. People lost progress, lost IDs, were kicked out of running raids, got killed by servers that played without them, could not log in, could not log in certain chars, could not log in at certain times etc. - and all of that was dependent on servers (see Arkenstone).
    This was not a little service degration, but a major service problem - even when the servers were (officially) up.

The given extension may be ok from a legal perspective, but it will leave a bad taste in the mouth of those that pay a sub. The future will tell what the outcome is, but it certainly leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the Very Important People.
    I am no VIP, but I wouldn't be happy if I was one.
    Last edited by thinx; Aug 02 2020 at 05:08 PM.

T'was an observation (of the post I was responding to), not an assertion.
    ~whoosh~>
    ¯\_(x)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    One thing that I have to add here is that the VIP time extension is really the bare minimum...

The given extension may be ok from a legal perspective, but it will leave a bad taste in the mouth of those that pay a sub. The future will tell what the outcome is, but it certainly leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the Very Important People. I am no VIP, but I wouldn't be happy if I was one.

Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign50 View Post
    ~whoosh~>
    ¯\_(x)_/¯

lol Nicely done.

And players that are already incredibly frustrated at the last two weeks, and due to this paltry "gift" decide to quit being VIP entirely don't effect "the revenue stream"?

When a business has a disruption of the scale this one just had...it needs to go out-of-its-way to make things right for the vast majority of it's customers. Especially when many of its customers already suspect it of being apathetic towards them

That's something that SSG apparently still hasn't learned.
    You just can't accept what different players have different opinions about that. That's something that you apparently still hasn't learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    You just can't accept what different players have different opinions about that. That's something that you apparently still hasn't learned.
    You're hitting on the crux of the issue, but not in the way you think. SSG are the ones who 'still haven't learned', that's why the forums are/were alight, but apparently you don't have any problem with that.

I think 5 days is too little, particularly for the Ark players. Sure, I logged in to EN while the chat was down and worked around it via discord etc, but that is not an option for all players, and besides, Ark was down longer than all the other servers and nearly all servers were unplayable for a number of days, despite them being up.

For the time I lost, I'm ok with getting 5 days back (though a week would have been better, given the up, but still very wobbly days), but really . . . . I don't understand how Ark players or players with no chat workarounds could see this as good.

I think SSG have taken a big and needless risk pushing this out, because it falls short for many players. I do hope they are ready for the fallout. It's not a risk I would have taken if it were my business, I'd opt for "a little too much is a whole lot better than not enough" approach. 10 days sub extension wouldn't break the bank, it definitely wouldn't but it could certainly help to retain some customers.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I think 5 days is too little, particularly for the Ark players. Sure, I logged in to EN while the chat was down and worked around it via discord etc, but that is not an option for all players, and besides, Ark was down longer than all the other servers and nearly all servers were unplayable for a number of days, despite them being up.

For the time I lost, I'm ok with getting 5 days back (though a week would have been better, given the up, but still very wobbly days), but really . . . . I don't understand how Ark players or players with no chat workarounds could see this as good.

I think SSG have taken a big and needless risk pushing this out, because it falls short for many players. I do hope they are ready for the fallout. It's not a risk I would have taken if it were my business, I'd opt for "a little too much is a whole lot better than not enough" approach. 10 days sub extension wouldn't break the bank, it definitely wouldn't but it could certainly help to retain some customers.
    IMHO 5 days right in the middle (and people on legendary servers who have minimal downtime get them too), but I don't sure if SSG can find all players from Ark on forum and send them all 7 day codes in PM. After all, as exmple, IF I have character on Ark, but don't login on him, technically I don't deserve it?

Quote Originally Posted by KingsGuard View Post
    A few weeks of social time, game time and in-game rewards lost - gift is an insult
    I was honestly thrilled with this gift as had been 3/4 expecting Scented Candles Mk 2. [Scented Candles are +1 Edhelarn tokens - identical, just diff name and icon] Servers were down for better part of wk, most players were 50 and using t5 Edhelharn tokens and 5 +1 Edhelarn tokens was our "compensation" - THAT was in insult. Perhaps my bar being so lowered is why I was Extremely Pleased to get something I could use at all, but I was.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5