We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Are High Elves getting fixed anytime soon ?

The race needs a fix as it's affecting even classes with its particular bugs.

Their cloaks are bugged. They break near the end to the left. It looks awful.

When riding a mount, their right hand is gripping the air. They need to lean forward more like Men and all other races do to match the animation properly.

The HE captain (and probably warden and minstrel) cries are overlapping constantly. There's double "Aaah!" cries overlapping or an "Aaah!" cry starts and the Quenya sentense too, overlapping the first cry, ruining the whole experience. This is my biggest problem with them as it ruins not only the race, but also the class. Sure you can mute the sound, but it takes away from the experience so much.

All of these issues for a *PREMIUM* race for which you have to pay extra and quite a bit at that.

Would it take that long to take a look at these issues and fix them ? I know SSG is a small-ish team, but come on. In the past 2 years so many good things were made and fixed, why not this ? With so many new players recently due to the promotion, it's just really bad for a new player to experience this. Please, spare the time and fix the race.

I'd love for them to go back and work on high elves some more.

High elves have had bugs since their release, unfortunately. I'd also very much like to see battle-shout fixed on captains to where it only shouts once and not twice overlapping each other. That bug has literally been on high elves since day 1 of beta for them, at least for the male ones, not sure about the female ones. There are no warden abilities that have that bug though, and I don't believe any minstrel abilities either. It's just battle shout on captain. Though in the regard of the shouts I am sure that females have an extra elvish shout, two different ones, where males only have one. I've tried to inquire about that many times in Cord of the Rings and on the forums over the past couple of years and have never been able to get an answer as to why that's the case. I doubt at this point it would ever get remedied as I assume they either forgot to record some voice work or something happened to the recording. I'd at least like to know why though to satisfy my curiosity there.

There's also a number of hairstyles on the male high elves that clip with the head, with the hair itself, or sit high up on the head making it look like they're wearing a wig, or have a receding hairline. Not sure why the hairstyles never got polished up, but they've always needed it. There's really not even a very good variety on them IMO. Most of them were just copied from men or normal elves with only a couple of original ones. Most of the elf NPCs in Lothlorien have better hairstyles than anything high elf player characters get. Not to mention the circlet option under "details" is just a copy/paste from normal elves with the same low texture. It would have been nice to at least get a couple of new ones with HD textures.

Although a brief part of the game, I also still think it kills immersion in the high elf intro to be battling alongside the likes of Elrond, and Glorfindel in the Last Alliance and using a stick with nails in it, or a small rusty knife as a weapon. They should really give them proper weapons for that portion of the game.

The only thing I have to disagree with a bit is the riding animation. I actually quite like it and would hate them to change it to make them look more like the other races. The hand position doesn't really bother me all that much and I think their posture looks a bit more noble for a standard steed. If they were like that on war-steeds it might be a bit weird, but for a non combat mount I don't think it's terribly out of place looking. I do very much agree though that for a premium race there are issues that really should be looked at and bugs that should be fixed. Premium races IMO should get more polish and additions to them as time goes on. Things like extra hairstyles and other customization options. I like playing high elf, and I think they did some cool stuff with them, but they definitely need to revisit them after all this time. I feel like they polished the stout-axes a bit more and did a lot better with their variety of voice work and original customization options that weren't just copied directly from the original dwarves outside of a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeneth View Post
    I'd love for them to go back and work on high elves some more.

High elves have had bugs since their release, unfortunately. I'd also very much like to see battle-shout fixed on captains to where it only shouts once and not twice overlapping each other. That bug has literally been on high elves since day 1 of beta for them, at least for the male ones, not sure about the female ones. There are no warden abilities that have that bug though, and I don't believe any minstrel abilities either. It's just battle shout on captain. Though in the regard of the shouts I am sure that females have an extra elvish shout, two different ones, where males only have one. I've tried to inquire about that many times in Cord of the Rings and on the forums over the past couple of years and have never been able to get an answer as to why that's the case. I doubt at this point it would ever get remedied as I assume they either forgot to record some voice work or something happened to the recording. I'd at least like to know why though to satisfy my curiosity there.

There's also a number of hairstyles on the male high elves that clip with the head, with the hair itself, or sit high up on the head making it look like they're wearing a wig, or have a receding hairline. Not sure why the hairstyles never got polished up, but they've always needed it. There's really not even a very good variety on them IMO. Most of them were just copied from men or normal elves with only a couple of original ones. Most of the elf NPCs in Lothlorien have better hairstyles than anything high elf player characters get. Not to mention the circlet option under "details" is just a copy/paste from normal elves with the same low texture. It would have been nice to at least get a couple of new ones with HD textures.

Although a brief part of the game, I also still think it kills immersion in the high elf intro to be battling alongside the likes of Elrond, and Glorfindel in the Last Alliance and using a stick with nails in it, or a small rusty knife as a weapon. They should really give them proper weapons for that portion of the game.

The only thing I have to disagree with a bit is the riding animation. I actually quite like it and would hate them to change it to make them look more like the other races. The hand position doesn't really bother me all that much and I think their posture looks a bit more noble for a standard steed. If they were like that on war-steeds it might be a bit weird, but for a non combat mount I don't think it's terribly out of place looking. I do very much agree though that for a premium race there are issues that really should be looked at and bugs that should be fixed. Premium races IMO should get more polish and additions to them as time goes on. Things like extra hairstyles and other customization options. I like playing high elf, and I think they did some cool stuff with them, but they definitely need to revisit them after all this time. I feel like they polished the stout-axes a bit more and did a lot better with their variety of voice work and original customization options that weren't just copied directly from the original dwarves outside of a couple.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Is there any way to contact any developer to discuss these issues and see why it's been going on for so long ? Twitter or anything ? I mean they held a sale for them recently so it must have jugged their memories even a bit about the problems this race has.

Quote Originally Posted by Deranox View Post
    The HE captain (and probably warden and minstrel) cries are overlapping constantly. There's double "Aaah!" cries overlapping or an "Aaah!" cry starts and the Quenya sentense too, overlapping the first cry, ruining the whole experience. This is my biggest problem with them as it ruins not only the race, but also the class. Sure you can mute the sound, but it takes away from the experience so much.
    Not that they shouldn't fix this issue, but if the cries annoy you as much as they do me, you can filter them out using alt+r (the filter panel) which will filter sounds as well as loot and quests. Meaning you won't hear them.

Also the running animations for the High-Elves needs improvement, looks so stiff.. The jumping animation also looks ridiculous as well.

They are in the queue to be fixed right after the Forochel fog bug.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

High Elves are definitely full of bugs.

The triple stacking shouts are super annoying, I actually helped a kinmate filter out most of them while he grouped with me.

My HE lore-master's staff sweep applies it's damage a full second+ after the animation and execution. Whereas the man Lore-Master applies the damage immediately during the skill execution, as it should.

You'd think SSG would want to take pride in fixing a paid / premium class of bugs, but nah

Quote Originally Posted by Rugongrod View Post

So you're saying....in the "near future"?

Quote Originally Posted by Wargoat View Post
    High Elves are definitely full of bugs.
    Maybe if they bathed once in a while it would kill off the bugs. Or give them a good spray of insect repellent.

Exactly what I was thinking. Is there any way to contact any developer to discuss these issues and see why it's been going on for so long ? Twitter or anything ? I mean they held a sale for them recently so it must have jugged their memories even a bit about the problems this race has.
    Here is probably our best bet. They may, or may not, see this thread, but I don't think there's a better way unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by phaelan2 View Post
    Maybe if they bathed once in a while it would kill off the bugs. Or give them a good spray of insect repellent.

Eeeeeeeeysh....if this true of Elves, I can't even imagine how full of "bugs" Dwarves are!

Sorry, I know this is a serious topic for many, but when I read "are High Elves getting fixed anytime soon" I thought of it in terms to what we do with our dogs and cats to keep the population down
    It will never work, change always makes things worse, and Turbine doesn’t care about us anyway….” Eeyore
    But maybe it will have honey or even something better!!” -- Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by SavinDwarf View Post
    Sorry, I know this is a serious topic for many, but when I read "are High Elves getting fixed anytime soon" I thought of it in terms to what we do with our dogs and cats to keep the population down

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl!!

Nomination for Post of the Week!!
    ( and after the wild week we've had on these forums...THAT'S saying something! )

Quote Originally Posted by Rugongrod View Post
    Hey now! That bug is awesome to have. I love getting it & going to Bree at night. Town looks so cool with the fog. What's funny is when I first started playing this game & got that fog bug, I didn't know at the time it was a bug. There is all this fog & you can barely see, I am like wth, how in the world am I suppose to quest like this. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by phaelan2 View Post
    LOL

LMAO, I love it.

It would take centuries to see any effect though. They'll be off to the West soon enough considering how they keep going on and on and on about it.

I feel for the role players who will have to seriously re-write their back story with a race change or hope there's some content plans for western climes.

Well, your experience may vary from mine - since I haven't used the feature for quite a while - but in-game, you can use "/bug" to open a bug report. As far as I know, that feature is still there.

Unfortunately, based on the way this used to work, all the interaction was in-game and not via outside channels like these forums or email. So that can prove awkward and limiting for discussing some issues.

At any rate, it does open an official help ticket in their system and can potentially get issues into whatever change-request tracking system they use.
    Pew! Pew! Pew!

My exact reaction too

It has me picturing one of them still under the effects of the anesthesia drugs, wearing a cone of shame and blearily making the drunk effect sounds.
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Quote Originally Posted by ShireDweller View Post
    My exact reaction too

It has me picturing one of them still under the effects of the anesthesia drugs, wearing a cone of shame and blearily making the drunk effect sounds.

In your version of this event...does the "evil doctor" hovering over the elf look suspiciously like a vengeful Dwarf with a maniacal laugh?

Hmmmm...this sounds like it could be VERY popular if it was made into an instance!

lol

Shame that on the last Cord of the Rings Cord said that we probably shouldn't expect any more polishes or additions on the high elves. In addition to all of what's been mentioned already, this is what I'm talking about with things like the hairstyles.

• Just look at how unpolished this hairstyle looks. It literally clips into the right side of the face, and notice how many spots in it are left totally unfilled? You can see straight through it to the other side, and in the bottom left picture you can even see part of the bald head in the back. It's also paper thin looking as a result of being totally unfilled.

• Here's another example. Why is the hair clipping with itself in three spots? It makes it look like the elf is bald and wearing a long toupee that's badly fit to his head. The pre avatar update version of this hairstyle on normal elves didn't even have this issue, yet a premium brand new race does?

Again, I like high elves but is this really acceptable for a premium race? Does this look like a polished, finished product worth 1000LP? These are also not the only two examples as well, there's a handful of other hairstyles that have similar issues.

• Meanwhile NPC high elves get hair like this. Way better than anything player high elves have access to. THAT looks like a proper elf hairstyle, and somebody working at SSG knows it or they wouldn't have went out of their way to give it to these elves to make them look cooler rather than just using something already available to them.