We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Three-Word Lotro Trivia

Lotro Three-word Trivia

Yes, that title states something about "Lotro" trivia, not "Tolkien" trivia.
    I have in mind a new riddle thread similar to all of the "Tolkien" trivia games I have set up, but with a difference.
    Instead of canon trivia, or riddles based on what Tolkien wrote, this will be based on what our beloved Lotro developers have written.

As we all know, Lotro has incorporated concepts, stories and characters that were not depicted by JRRT in his novels, poems and stories.
    Things such as Lalia's Market, Bingo Boffin's adventures and the Merrevail.
    There should be enough of this stuff created in the last 13 years to keep us occupied for quite a while, and some of us that visit these forums haven't read all (or maybe even any) of JRRT's works, so this will be an opportunity for them to participate and clutch, for a time, the much sought after Riddle Stick.

This will work exactly like the other "X-word" trivial threads.

It starts with three words that hint at some concept, person, place, or thing in the world of Lotro.
    This riddle, or three words, should not refer to something created by Tolkien, but something created by the Lotro developers.
    Here is an example:
    Three-word riddle- swim across Brandywine

Example of acceptable answer: Bingo Boffin requests that you swim across the Brandywine to help him learn to swim.

Note that the acceptable answer is decided by the riddle-giver and they have considerable leeway in deciding what works and what doesn't.
    The wording need not be exact and the acceptability is completely up to the riddle-giver.

Whoever the riddle-giver decides has provided an acceptable answer gets the Riddle-Stick and will get to pose the next riddle.

So, with that established (and we may need other "rules" as time goes on), here is the first Lotro 3-Word Trivia Riddle:

Gramsfoot Battler's home
    Last edited by Boraxxe; Jul 25 2020 at 07:29 PM.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

Golfimbul's Hole.
    Arenaan | 50 Champion (Snow 2007) Ulderich | 60 Champion (Snowy 2008) Ulderich II | 60 Champion (Eldar 2008) Caeinwyn | 65 Champion (Eldar 2008-2011)
    Angbohr V | 115 Champion (EN 2012-2017) Angbohr/Hateful | 85 Champions (Anor 2018-2020) Angbohr VII | 130 Champion (Ark 2020-?)

Quote Originally Posted by Angbohr View Post
    Golfimbul's Hole.
    You got it!

One of two possible answers...(I'll save the other for maybe some future riddle)...grin.

You are the winner,

Of the first riddle in this new riddle game!

Gratz! The stick is yours.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.

five fungi ---> sixth
    Arenaan | 50 Champion (Snow 2007) Ulderich | 60 Champion (Snowy 2008) Ulderich II | 60 Champion (Eldar 2008) Caeinwyn | 65 Champion (Eldar 2008-2011)
    Angbohr V | 115 Champion (EN 2012-2017) Angbohr/Hateful | 85 Champions (Anor 2018-2020) Angbohr VII | 130 Champion (Ark 2020-?)

five fungi ---> sixth
    I'm gonna take a stab at this...
    I think it involves a Farmer's Fair Quest: Maggot's Mushroom Hunt.

The sixth mushroom in that quest is a Skunk-cap Mushroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    I think it involves a Farmer's Fair Quest
    Nop :P

five fungi ---> sixth
    We appear to be stumped.
    I have spent an inordinate amount of time researching this and so far I have only come up with a failed answer.
    A quest?
    A deed?
    A moldy hat?
    Must be time for a hint?

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    We appear to be stumped.
    I have spent an inordinate amount of time researching this and so far I have only come up with a failed answer.
    A quest?
    A deed?
    A moldy hat?
    Must be time for a hint?
    Dâr Narbugud Raid.

If you do all encounters in the right order, you will find the fifth fungus for the Investigation deed right before reaching the Mistress of Pestilence, the sixth and final boss.

+1 for effort :P

Up to you.

Dâr Narbugud Raid.

If you do all encounters in the right order, you will find the fifth fungus for the Investigation deed right before reaching the Mistress of Pestilence, the sixth and final boss.

+1 for effort :P

Up to you.
    Oh rats...you gave it up.
    Oh well, maybe that's just as well...we may have had to go through a number of "hints" to get that one.

And, this gives me an opportunity to make a couple of points of order.

============================== =======================
    Point of order: definition...
    noun
    a query in a formal debate or meeting as to whether correct procedure is being followed.
    ============================== =======================

Point 1. Maybe we want to set some limits on what we will use from the world of LOTRO as subjects for our riddles?
    -----------For instance, I'm not sure we should be using information gained in Raids for riddle subjects, because lots of us never participate in raids.

Point 2. What exactly constitutes a "word" in 3-word trivia?
    -----------Example: Angbohr's last riddle "five fungi ---> sixth" seems to me to be close to 4-word trivia, or even 5-word trivia. You could read that as: "five fungi leads to sixth". Maybe this would work: "five fungi... sixth"
    -----------In some of the other X-word trivia threads folks have used a hyphen to sort of sneak in an extra word now and then.

So what I am asking to the general group that read and participate in these riddles is: What do you think?

My feeling is that for Point 1, we don't use information that's only available from raids.

For Point 2, we should limit this 3-word trivia thread to actual words and not use symbols, etc. to sneak in extra words. And as far as hyphenated words go, something that is a normal use of a hyphen is OK, but let's not get carried away. For instance: "dog-faced" works as one word, but "orange-jacket" does not, nor does "orange-peel". Orange peel is two words.

Anyway, back to the current riddle:
    Angbohr, if you want to submit another for us to ponder, I think that's great!
    Go for it.

Bow to her.

Bow to her.
    Gwindeth, the blue lady of Annuminas

...when in doubt...twirl...

Quote Originally Posted by Reaboj View Post
    Gwindeth, the blue lady of Annuminas
    Yes.

Ok then- next one:

Unfortunate travel destination

Ok then- next one:

Unfortunate travel destination
    Northern Barrow pass?

Northern Barrow pass?
    Not what I had in mind. I realize this could be any of a dozen places so I'll give a hint in a day or so if no one catches my drift

Not what I had in mind. I realize this could be any of a dozen places so I'll give a hint in a day or so if no one catches my drift
    OK time for a hint:
    This "destination" is in Moria

OK time for a hint:
    This "destination" is in Moria
    The well in the Chamber of the Crossroads?
    Rohirrim! To the King!
    There's some good in this world, Mister Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Samwise_Sotall View Post
    The well in the Chamber of the Crossroads?
    That's the one! You may now be known as "Samwise, Well-Travelled"

and yer up

That's the one! You may now be known as "Samwise, Well-Travelled"

and yer up
    Brilliant!
    Here we go:

Height's Hidden Climb
    Rohirrim! To the King!
    There's some good in this world, Mister Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.