We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Askad-Mazal - Frethi never appears

I have run Askd-Mazal several times is solo, duo and small FS. Picking up the horn at the entrance never does anything beyond adding a symbol to my debuff bar called "Fethi's Horn"; clicking on it does nothing, and it certainly never summons Frethi. The quest log says Frethi is standing by, and I should talk to him, but he is never there.

Is this problem so rare that nobody has anything to say about it - or so universal that nobody can offer any suggestion?

I think the question is so unusual that nobody has a definite answer. An NPC is only supposed to help you if you are solo/duo an instance. You are given an item to summon your friend somewhere in the very beginning. The item also resummons them to your position if they get stuck. However, this doesn't always work. I've had members in Thikil Gundu that would always get stuck behind the stairs and I always had to go back down to pull them around the poor pathing.

Seeing that the server is down, I cannot refer to whether any of this is true. It could very well be only for those who have the quest to turn in. I don't know.

Rhino-Man is offline The Wise
    The Completionist
    Stable Master
    Champ, Chank, Chump
    The Alt-aphobic
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaxapart View Post
    I have run Askd-Mazal several times is solo, duo and small FS. Picking up the horn at the entrance never does anything beyond adding a symbol to my debuff bar called "Fethi's Horn"; clicking on it does nothing, and it certainly never summons Frethi. The quest log says Frethi is standing by, and I should talk to him, but he is never there.
    Run it solo, blow the horn.
    Radian- Champion- Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-Man View Post
    Run it solo, blow the horn.
    Nope. There is no way of blowing the horn: there is no horn in possessions, all you get is a symbol in the debuff bar, as mentioned above. Clicking on the symbol does nothing.