We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can I get a skirt?

Are there any skirts in this game? I am familiar with the clan-weave leggings and the gladiator-looking studded-leather-strips skirt from Dunland. They are okay, but I find myself wanting a fuller, plainer, more feminine cloth-looking skirt to go with some of the beautifully patterned shirts I have some across. Something that would dye without too much distortion so I could match it well. Does such a thing exist? Anywhere? My wardrobe would feel so much fuller and I would be even more confident of not showing up in the exact same dress as anyone else (*gasp!*).
    Last edited by SalixArbuscula; Jul 31 2020 at 09:13 PM.
    Native Crickhollower, also on Landroval and Ithil
    Alts: Weirwillow, Zlytherin, Dwymir, Daanaduial, Tippto, Parmandir, Rosamira, Angaladh

Update - no news....

Now that things (presumably) have settled down a wee bit, I return to my query: Are there but two skirts? I know of the Clanweave Leggings and Rune-Stitched Dunlending Leggings (the gladiator-looking ones mentioned above) and am aware that a few other items from the region, though named differently, share their cosmetic appearances. Are there no other, more feminine, full, fabric-like skirts? I even checked the Store and couldn't find any. But I find it hard to believe that such a thing is not to be found in all of the whole wide Arda. Does anyone know of any?
    Alts: Weirwillow, Zlytherin, Dwymir, Daanaduial, Tippto, Parmandir, Rosamira, Angaladh

I do not remember any skirt being in the game. And I am sort of against adding it. In the Middle Ages, which is basically the time and culture ME resembles, men and women preferred dress-like attire, with men's dresses being much shorter and adapted to riding. it is also worth mentioning that wearing trousers was a taboo for women. So I'd like SSG to keep following the pattern.

That being said, I'm fine if in the future we'll get in contact with some nation/tribe that actually uses skirts and so on; but not with the current ME realia.

no skirts in the game at the moment if you mean a short (to the knee), version......
    if i recall there is one or 2 items at lvls 75-85 areas.
    i believe a skirt is out of the lore(short version),
    what i want to see is kilts! many of them!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Just to be clear, I am DEFINITELY NOT talking about mini-skirts, short skirts, A-line skirts, pencil skirts, high-lows, or poodle skirts. I understand the fact that women did not wear trousers or short skirts or shorts or lots of other things. It is this desire for strict adherence to the lore and fear of failure in the face of such social pressure that have kept me well away from rp thus far.
    This is exactly why I am asking about a LONG, FULL, plain, dyeable skirt. Just like the bottom half of of the dresses we have now, but without the top part so we can match them to different shirts to achieve a different look so when you go to an RP event the female toons have more to choose from than four or five appropriate dresses and don't have to worry about showing up looking like carbon-copies of each other.
    I mean, dudes get three or four unique hauberk/tunic-and-pants options from each of the starter regional outfitters (and they have basically all the armor to choose from), but there's literally only one or two dresses until you build up rep or marks, and even those are pretty meh. You're either dressed like nobility or clanking around like Dernhelm. Festival dresses are nice, but those are pretty fancy or else weird-looking, and often don't fit an rp situation (at least in my opinion). Having just one LONG, plain, full, dyeable skirt available would make a huge difference in my females' wardrobe options.