We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Returning after quite a few years a question:

I've returned after more than a decade for the midsummer stuff and figured I'd stay a while. I did the lotrofreequests thing, but I've read that's just quest packs and not expansions. I've seen the minas morgul and the mordor things. What one do I get if I want to get all the content?

Thanks in advance!

Expansions quests are on sale for 99 lp each, through August I believe. However, Mordor and Minas Morgul expansions are not included in that sale. So to have all the content, you would need to buy all of those expansions.

It's possible there may be an instance or a few not included, but I don't know about that. Perhaps someone else knows more and will respond to you.

For the 99 Point Expansion sale you have:

Expansion Quests: Mines of Moria
    Expansion Quests: Siege of Mirkwood
    Expansion Quests: Rise of Isengard
    Expansion Quests: Riders of Rohan
    Expansion Quests: Helm's Deep

Instance Cluster: Rise of Isengard
    Instance Cluster: Riders of Rohan

(the other one's have the instances included, just these 2 are sold separate)

Between these and all the regions you got from the coupon code you'll be good up to the Gates of Mordor. Then you'd need to buy (at full cost right now) Mordor and Minas Morgul and then the coupon code would kick in again with the post Minas Morgul region packs that have been released.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the replies all!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    For the 99 Point Expansion sale you have:

Expansion Quests: Mines of Moria
    Expansion Quests: Siege of Mirkwood
    Expansion Quests: Rise of Isengard
    Expansion Quests: Riders of Rohan
    Expansion Quests: Helm's Deep

Instance Cluster: Rise of Isengard
    Instance Cluster: Riders of Rohan

(the other one's have the instances included, just these 2 are sold separate)

Between these and all the regions you got from the coupon code you'll be good up to the Gates of Mordor. Then you'd need to buy (at full cost right now) Mordor and Minas Morgul and then the coupon code would kick in again with the post Minas Morgul region packs that have been released.
    As a brand-new player I found this reply fantastically helpful! Thank you. I’m still trying to figure out what I need to buy to most efficiently get the content and things like character slots per server and the additional races and classes. For example, should I buy the full expansions or is it better to buy the “quest packs” and “instance cluster packs” listed above then buy the character slots and extra races and classes separately? Is the current “quad pack” of expansions a good value or is it better to go with buying the parts separately? Any guidance in this vein will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralfazz View Post
    As a brand-new player I found this reply fantastically helpful! Thank you. I’m still trying to figure out what I need to buy to most efficiently get the content and things like character slots per server and the additional races and classes. For example, should I buy the full expansions or is it better to buy the “quest packs” and “instance cluster packs” listed above then buy the character slots and extra races and classes separately? Is the current “quad pack” of expansions a good value or is it better to go with buying the parts separately? Any guidance in this vein will be appreciated.
    The 99LP expansion quests & instances are generally the best value. The only one that has extras with the full expansion is Moria, which includes the Warden & Runekeeper classes plus 2 character slots. Here's the price comparison from the wiki:

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/LOTRO_Store

Moria Expansion - 2495

vs

Moria Quests - 99
    Warden - 795
    RK - 795
    2 x Char slots - 595 x 2 = 1190
    ------------
    Total - 2879

So, the expansion is slightly cheaper when paying in LP.

Paying cash in the Market, Moria expac is $19.99. That's cheaper than the cost of purchasing 2495 LP except perhaps if you go for the $200 LP bundle during a "sale" (when you get more LP for each price).

So the Market is indeed the best deal for the full Moria expansion.

The Quad pack is normally the best deal of all, but the special 99 LP pricing for all but the last two expansions is much better. Mirkwood, Isengard, and Rohan plus two instance clusters is only 495 LP.

Hope that helps.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    The 99LP expansion quests & instances are generally the best value. The only one that has extras with the full expansion is Moria, which includes the Warden & Runekeeper classes plus 2 character slots.

=====DELETED FOR BREVITY, SEE ACTUAL POST ABOVE=====

The Quad pack is normally the best deal of all, but the special 99 LP pricing for all but the last two expansions is much better. Mirkwood, Isengard, and Rohan plus two instance clusters is only 495 LP.

Hope that helps.
    Very helpful, thanks so much for taking the time to share that!