We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Guardian "Flash of Light" still is not being correctly changed by +Light damage legacy

Before the patch, against level 129 Warden of Famine, my Flash of Light damage value was: 10,081
    After the patch, against the same enemy, without any legacy, my Flash of Light value is: 2,880
    When I equip my belt with the legacy (+42.4% Light damage), my Flash of Light value is: 3,084 (an increase of only 7%, not 42.4%)

So, nerf aside (and I agree it's awful), the supposed "buff" (making the legacy work) isn't even correct.
    Last edited by Forohir; Jun 30 2020 at 11:39 PM.

damage buffs like those given by legacies dont take into account your current value then increase it by X%. It effectively adds X% to your mastery percent total which is then used to determine skill damage.

Easiest way to see this is with Hunter's Burn Hot. Tool tips are not increased by 70%, but rather 70% is added to their ranged damage amount in their mastery. No +damage% effect in the game actually increases it by that amount, its always less.

Quote Originally Posted by Brinuw View Post
    damage buffs like those given by legacies dont take into account your current value then increase it by X%. It effectively adds X% to your mastery percent total which is then used to determine skill damage.
    Yeah, ok. But still: If we assume the 2,880 points of damage are 300% (100% base, 200% from mastery and traits), it should do (2,880 / 300 * 324 = ) 3,283 damage with the legacy. We only see an increase to 3,084. That's an increase by ~200 instead ~400, only half of what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Brinuw View Post
    This isn't always true actually.

I believe the rule of thumb is that if it affects a skill directly its multiplicative and if it is tacked on to a skill (such as Burn Hot) then its additive.
    But I'd need to go back and test again.

From what I remember, LM Lightning Storm is the big offender here.