We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Update 27 Task Item Bug

Reported as a bug, but also posted on this forum to let other players know about this:

With the latest update, al task items from the Grey Mountains (Dwarf Sword Sheath, Rock Tail, Stone-abraded Skin, Withered Claw and Withered Ear) and of the Vales of Anduin (Calcified Carapaces, Lost Essences, Pebbled Filth and Stone-worn Furs) are no longer marked as Task Items. Consequently, they will no longer move to my Task Item Carry-all, despite the fact that there already some of them in the bag. This could also be true for Imlad Morgul and Mordor Besieged and Wells of Langflood, but I haven't reached those parts yet. Please fix this a.s.a.p., as people now may falsely believe that those items have no use other than to sell them.

Ah yes. This line was (for me) the absolutely best of all U27 changes:

Trophy items that cannot be turned in for tasks are no longer classified as task items. They will also no longer go into Task Carry-alls. Instead, these items will be classified as "Junk" and display as Junk in the item tooltips.
    So I started to check which items I had in my carry-alls that were actually junk (by the way, it does NOT say "Junk" anywhere, but a trophy!). When I had sold many of those away, I started to check my older notes, and seems like A LOT were just valid task items! So now I have to buy them back from vendor AND my inventory is full because they doesn't go back in to task item carry-alls!

So, seems like task item tooltips, that has been broken since task items have been introduced many years ago, are STILL not okay...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilean-EU View Post

So I started to check which items I had in my carry-alls that were actually junk (by the way, it does NOT say "Junk" anywhere, but a trophy!). When I had sold many of those away, I started to check my older notes, and seems like A LOT were just valid task items! So now I have to buy them back from vendor AND my inventory is full because they doesn't go back in to task item carry-alls!

So, seems like task item tooltips, that has been broken since task items have been introduced many years ago, are STILL not okay...
    It could be SSG were looking at their notes rather than checking against the LotroWiki like we do.

There seems to be little consideration of the value of and work put into amassing these carry-all items or they would not have changes go live so obviously bugged.

Where in the chain is the problem SSG? Is there too much autonomy and no one in charge, no oversight?

Edit: the Dwarf Sword Sheath task actually uses Dwarf-made Sword Sheath. Maybe the Wiki isn't the authoritative source of old either.
    Last edited by Braer; Jul 01 2020 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilean-EU View Post
    (by the way, it does NOT say "Junk" anywhere, but a trophy!)
    They are listed as Junk under the Filter box in your vault. Possibly somewhere else.
    Koti || Edoram || Naemanor || Hamberadan || Margia || Belegmellon || Khimi || Thederwen || Granetia || Stanno || Calendol || Gamilaban || Uibalion of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by DieLaFuzz View Post
    They are listed as Junk under the Filter box in your vault. Possibly somewhere else.
    All right, but the release notes say this: "...display as Junk in the item tooltips" so it's wrong since there is no word "junk" in any tooltip of those task items :/

The Vales task items were not going into my carry all today. I could not drag them into it either. Not sure about other areas yet.

Update 27 and Task Items

I originally thought there was an issue with the Carry-Alls, because I was getting odd behavior from my Crafting Carry-Alls (which mysteriously resolved). But after spending most of yesterday going from Task Bulletin Board to Task Bulletin Board all over Middle-Earth, I narrowed it down to the Task Items themselves.

I had submitted an in-game help ticket about the odd issues with the Carry-Alls, and while I was waiting for a response, I checked all of the Task Items I normally save, and the ones I keep in the Task Items Carry-All. The problem is with the Task Items, and how they are defined in some database somewhere.

The Task Bulletin Boards will still accept the mislabeled Task Items for the turn-in quests, but the tooltip on those Task Items is incorrect, and those Task Items can no longer be placed into the Task Items Carry-All.

So, my dear SSG, I submitted a BUG REPORT as suggested by the in-game help reply, and I am adding my two cents here. I love you dearly, but I am a little frustrated that the first day of the wedding is one I spent not doing wedding stuff.

Cheers,
    Shatter