We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Flash of Light has been destroyed by the nerf (rip guards)

So first off, i totally agree. Flash of light was overpowered at lower levels and it should have been fixed. But not in the way it has now, FoL is totally destroyed in endgame atm. It was the level scaling/progression that should have been fixed not the actual dmg of it overall.

Guardian's could do 7,5k FoL on T3 mobs in general before the nerf at 130. Now they only do 2,4k (with light dmg legacy).

That's just ridiculous, FoL was the only atleast somewhat useful thing left for guardians and now even that has been taken away from us. Guardian's are now 100% done for (instead of 99%)

If anything, FoL should have been buffed at 130. Before the nerf, the dmg was only noticeable in 3mans. It was close to invisible in 6mans and raids but still good free dmg.
    Yellow guards have always been meant to Dps and Debuff tank at the same time (just look at all the dps traits it has). So it makes sense for Yellow guard/FoL to have noticeable dmg in 3mans/6mans/raids, it's also the only way of balancing yellow guard tank damage without making actual dps-geared yellow guards overpowered. So pls buff it back up to it's pre-nerf stage on the higher levels and then buff it up even more. It should have been 7,5k-10k on 120cap already.

Atlast... the final line of guardians has officially fallen bois.

Is it bad? Absolutely

Is it the end of the guardian class? nah.

Guards aren't necessarily weak. They're just weak in comparison to cappies.
    Its a function of Morale, Overscaled Mits & ineffective B/P/E.

Should it have been nerfed in this manner? hell no.
    But did we really expect anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by mrplaneswalker View Post
    Is it bad? Absolutely

Is it the end of the guardian class? nah.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboch View Post
    Lol.
    He is right actualy,cant end something that has been ended for ages

[QUOTE=HolyDuckTape;8017689]So first off, i totally agree. Flash of light was overpowered at lower levels and it should have been fixed. But not in the way it has now, FoL is totally destroyed in endgame atm.

Sadly I have to agree. I have been testing my yellowline gaurd this morning. There is a very noticeable loss of dps. I tried compensating by swapping in some +bleed legacies and got some back but still not the same.

Where did they even get the notion that a nerf to yellow gaurd was needed?

[QUOTE=hamphat;8017732]
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    So first off, i totally agree. Flash of light was overpowered at lower levels and it should have been fixed. But not in the way it has now, FoL is totally destroyed in endgame atm.

Sadly I have to agree. I have been testing my yellowline gaurd this morning. There is a very noticeable loss of dps. I tried compensating by swapping in some +bleed legacies and got some back but still not the same.

Where did they even get the notion that a nerf to yellow gaurd was needed?
    They wanted to nerf FoL in lower levels where it was too strong but in doing so they just nerfed the whole thing and destroyed it on any level lol. Right idea but disastrous implementation.

Also: it seems like yellow guards have been nerfed even more. Marked by Light now only gets spread to 4 mobs at a time no matter how many you fight. @vastin is this meant to be? Cause it's the worst nerf ever to a Debuff Tank who is literally dependant on marked by light to debuff mobs

This is what I expected. They ignored the skill until low level PvP players whined about it, then they killed it for all level ranges. People kept thinking that it just needs adjustment at lower levels, which makes sense. But this team does not have the ability to scale things appropriately, so they just kill #### until they can advance classes another 10 levels where it matters less.

I hate being negative, but geez guys, could you at least have acted like you were listening to actual PvE players these last few months instead of so obviously reacting to PvP whiners and killing an entire skill across it's entire range? I'm mind boggled. glad I've been focusing on my hunter and RK, though the RK may get nerfed in this next update too. I was surprised that Lore master actually got some buffs, I heard whining about them too.

Just adding the post from my thread in the Feedback Forum (so it doesn't get missed):

=========================

This is a downright tragedy! I seriously cannot believe that you would nerf the FoL dmg at ALL levels by a factor of three! What were you thinking?! Please tell me this is some sort of unintended bug, and there wasn't even a public statement on the release notes that the paid FoL trait would have its targets reduced to only four! Please change the targets back ASAP.

Please fix the scaling problem, i.e. to only nerf the early game mark by a reasonable amount (say ~ 30% at most), leave the mid game mark, and buff the late game mark by ~ 100 to ~ 150% (or more) from the previous damage. Refer here for more details: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...lash-of-Light)

Lvl 88 (I used to do 1,100+ dmg with FoL @ 88...not 350, and BTW I have a legendary item):

Lvl 52 (before this wreck of an update, it used to do 850+....not 263):

Lvl 15 (Wowww, this is unacceptable. 72 dmg?! It used to do 250+):

Ideally, it should be lvl 15 = 150 dmg, lvl 52 = 600 dmg, lvl 88 = 3,000 dmg

Just as an example^

Do note that I have spent so much money on this game in recent years, particularly on my lvl 88 guardian which is now my 2nd character in Rohan and which I've had many fun experiences on - all gone to ruin. And for what?...some temporary waste of a PVP server which should never have existed.

You can very well see that I'm extremely angered by this rash decision to nerf an already useless ability at late game, and to severely nerf the only thing that made yellow guard playable at early game.

These changes make landscaping really limiting, and I can no longer solo efficiently. Please first revert and then correct these FoL changes, and please reconsider your answer to """"scaling"""".

=========================
    Last edited by Hallsae; Yesterday at 07:57 PM.

The legacy doesn't even seem to be doing what it's supposed to.

Before the patch, against Warden of Famine, my flash of light value was: 10,081
    After the patch, against the same enemy, without any legacy, my Flash of Light value is: 2,880
    When I equip my belt with the legacy (+42.4% Light damage), my Flash of Light value is: 3,084 (an increase of only 7%, not 42.4%)

So, nerf aside (and I agree it's awful), the supposed "buff" (making the legacy work) isn't even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Forohir View Post
    The legacy doesn't even seem to be doing what it's supposed to.

Before the patch, against Warden of Famine, my flash of light value was: 10,081
    After the patch, against the same enemy, without any legacy, my Flash of Light value is: 2,880
    When I equip my belt with the legacy (+42.4% Light damage), my Flash of Light value is: 3,084 (an increase of only 7%, not 42.4%)

So, nerf aside (and I agree it's awful), the supposed "buff" (making the legacy work) isn't even correct.
    +Dmg values have already been a bit weird in general but this light dmg legacy really is just trash imo. It's like +70% at cap and the actual increase is only like 10-15% max lol. And the funny thing is that they implemented this to help out endgame guards with this new FoL nerf.... Quite hilarious, now increase the legacy to +1400% at cap and only then do you return to the normal cap dmg as it used to be lmao.

Can't wait to get that +1400% light dmg legacy....

Another screenshot of training dummy tests for reference:

Conclusion:
    1) FoL damage was reduced roughly -68%.
    2) Skill that was top damage contributor now has fallen to the bottom (12th place on my test)
    3) FoL DPS has reduced around 5500-6000 DPS on single target
    4) Overall DPS has reduced approximately 10% on single target
    5) AoE damage has been reduced significantly

Why push through these kind of changes on live servers again without beta-testing , especially on a class that is in the worse state of all atm ?

You all have either seen or run parses on the FoL nerf at level cap whether you have low or high Physical Mastery and yeah, the nerf is awful. I suspect the nerf will be felt worse for people with low mastery than my Guardian who currently has 648K mastery and with whom I am still gearing, though primarily focusing on tanking first.

The nerf is significant enough while soloing that even though I lose survivability from losing marked target heals I now prefer to go back to red for both single target and AoE as well, even though Yellow line is technically our AoE tree. Technically you could still primary trait a little into yellow and deep enough into Red to still get your bleeds but my gosh I sure miss Hammer Down when I am specialized in Yellow.

Honestly the FoL nerf doesn't bother me that much, though it does annoy me that we got a nerf that affected us at level cap brought upon by the new PvP server.

What scares me to death more is the upcoming proposed changes to Legendary Items and legacies. I've been around long enough that I have come to fear and be terrified of major changes to the game or to a class. Speaking of which, Vastin recently announced that Guardians are due for another class update, again, not really sure whether to be excited or terrified about that.

I don't know, I play Guardian for the love and passion of the class, but I play the class loyally like a boxer getting their face smashed in year after year.