We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Already in Use, Already in Use, Already in Use! Agh!!!

Merilien is almost broken. I have done many festivals in several MMOs and have NEVER seen a quest giver keep doing this!'

Very irritating indeed.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

A layer system like bree would be nice...

I dont know for other servers but on Evernight Minas Tirith festival is hardly playable. Many quests are made in that way that items disappear when somebody collect them and with that there is plenty of lags.

Maybe playing in layers could help us?

Quote Originally Posted by Uroc View Post
    I dont know for other servers but on Evernight Minas Tirith festival is hardly playable. Many quests are made in that way that items disappear when somebody collect them and with that there is plenty of lags.

Maybe playing in layers could help us?
    This is especially irritating in the Blue Theatre, chasing around a big area for an objective that only exists intermittently.

That's not terribly well thought through, its bad enough in the Cistersn with Withered Tree objectives where they are in pretty fixed locations on a short cycle.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Quote Originally Posted by Mithithil View Post
    This is especially irritating in the Blue Theatre, chasing around a big area for an objective that only exists intermittently.

That's not terribly well thought through, its bad enough in the Cistersn with Withered Tree objectives where they are in pretty fixed locations on a short cycle.
    All NPC (minstrels in tavern, musicans in theatre) have fixed locations, main problem you can't notice that, because other players click on them too fast. They made that mistake first time in The Wastes with kegs of ale & soldiers of gondor quest, and repeat that problem again and again...

I believe the players in the theater move around because several times I thought I saw ones I had just clicked on in a new room I just entered. I think they have several respawn locations which makes it very hard to find them if others are constantly clicking on them as well, making them move every few seconds.

I gave up trying to find the 5 wedding supply boxes after 4 hours of running through Minas Tirith. A few times I'd find one, only to have someone else grab it before I could and then it would disappear. I passed by the same location where I'd last seen one three times and never did see it appear there again.

Then there are the musicians in the tavern who walk off every time someone clicks on them...as least they respawn fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecki View Post
    A layer system like bree would be nice...
    Heck, they did it for Frostbluff too. It should have been the default setting for this.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    I believe the players in the theater move around because several times I thought I saw ones I had just clicked on in a new room I just entered. I think they have several respawn locations which makes it very hard to find them if others are constantly clicking on them as well, making them move every few seconds.

I gave up trying to find the 5 wedding supply boxes after 4 hours of running through Minas Tirith. A few times I'd find one, only to have someone else grab it before I could and then it would disappear. I passed by the same location where I'd last seen one three times and never did see it appear there again.

Then there are the musicians in the tavern who walk off every time someone clicks on them...as least they respawn fairly quickly.
    2 wedding supply boxes in crafting hall. 3 outside in 3rd circle, one of them near entrance of middle store

Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    2 wedding supply boxes in crafting hall. 3 outside in 3rd circle, one of them near entrance of middle store
    Thanks! I found the ones in the crafting hall, but I'm not sure which one I'm missing from the other three. I'll check those locations again.

I stuck this out for about 40 mins last night, then logged out in frustration. I was really looking forward to this new festival, and now, I already hate it at about 5% into the deed. I can't read another "Already in Use", there has literally been over 100 of them and that's just in the first handful of quests in the Epic.

If you want people playing this content . . . make it playable.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    If you want people playing this content . . . make it playable.

I have no idea why this seems so hard for them to remember...but apparently...it is.