We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Another vote of thanks here.
    The city looked fantastic, the wedding storyline (and preparation questing) was very well-done.
    Odda Stonehewn, Hunter, proud member of Durin's Folk (Laurelin)

Both wedding and city are gorgeous! I'm totally in love with this zone.
    And also I have a wedding bug)
    Landroval (Ailinon, Fumea)

Quote Originally Posted by Sk0field View Post
    And there's people saying this game is dead...! It is VERY MUCH alive! Thanks for the update!

Oh, it's certainly not dead. If it were dead...there would be far less lag.

Here's an error in the final quest text of Book 1, Chapter 8:

Probably should be "The time of my departure from these shores draws nigh..."

I mention it only as a curiosity. The authors of quests in this game do a better job of proofreading than I've seen in any other game I've ever played. Mistakes are extremely rare!
    Last edited by Thurallor; Jun 30 2020 at 11:38 PM.
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi108 View Post
    All I care about is that the Grey Company made it out okay! We can finally tell for sure that apart from than poor Calenglad everyone else survived the Battle of Morannon.

Curiously, it also seems that chronologically the wedding is set before the Minas Morgul expansion, and possibly even Mordor, as the Rangers who mention their plans to either return North or stay and fight in the South have already been encountered in those place during the Black Book.

Dargun the new Master of Lake-Town is present at the wedding, and of course we met Elrond and Arwen's procession on their way south, so at least the early parts of the Black Book must have already happened. Still, there appears to be no way to reconcile Techeron and Lothrandir already being back north in Black Book Chapter 2 class stories.

Oh, well. I'm just glad to see my boys (and Idhrien) alive and well. It's been almost TEN YEARS now since Enedwaith and in that time I have bonded with the Grey Company like no other character in the game.
    I had the same thoughts (on the fates of the Grey Company thread) - the timeline seems a bit wobbly, but the fact that we have finally heard from the Grey Company as a whole again meant I didn't care quite as much as I might have done previously!
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

I also loved the wedding. It was well done, and very charming in many spots. It really drilled in how worth it it was for everything we have accomplished up until this point. I was also very pleased that it was fully voice acted, and that there were Elvish lines of dialog. It did not disappoint.

I only wish that there would have been some more elf cosmetic rewards for the festival. At least for us male elves since I don't want to wear a dress. The white robes and cloak that the elves of Lorien were wearing at the wedding looked really nice and would have been a great addition to the cosmetic vendor. The steeds also are very well designed, and I love the banners on them, but again it's a shame that all of them were of Gondor and that there were none with elven heraldry. Also I'm not sure if it's just a bug but the groom's cosmetics seem to take dye but they don't change at all.

Otherwise I don't have any complaints.
    Last edited by Kaeneth; Jul 01 2020 at 12:10 PM.

Wedding quests were just amazing! They were funny, interesting, with lots of nice references to important past events. I thought Aragorn's voice actor did a particularly fine job. The emotion in his voice when he first sees Arwen and then later during the vows was touching. I was happy to see all the rangers again and moved by their toast. The only thing I didn't understand is why all of them weren't present as guests at the banquet.

Minas Tirith all decked out is a sight to behold! I don't think I'll ever want to go back to the other versions now, heh. I loved all the attention to detail. I studied one of the banquet tables which had little plates with the white tree on them set out for guests to take, and for dessert there were both lembas and honeycakes! Very fitting.

Now I just hope I am invited to Faramir and Eowyn's wedding next...

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    Wedding quests were just amazing! They were funny, interesting, with lots of nice references to important past events. I thought Aragorn's voice actor did a particularly fine job. The emotion in his voice when he first sees Arwen and then later during the vows was touching. I was happy to see all the rangers again and moved by their toast. The only thing I didn't understand is why all of them weren't present as guests at the banquet.

Minas Tirith all decked out is a sight to behold! I don't think I'll ever want to go back to the other versions now, heh. I loved all the attention to detail. I studied one of the banquet tables which had little plates with the white tree on them set out for guests to take, and for dessert there were both lembas and honeycakes! Very fitting.

Now I just hope I am invited to Faramir and Eowyn's wedding next...
    They were - but just spread over two tables.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    They were - but just spread over two tables.
    So wait...they left the banquet somehow without me seeing them and went outside for the toast? I just figured there were some rangers inside and the group outside were a different bunch.

I loved how detailed everything was! I spent a good portion of last night just looking around!
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Very well done. My only gripe is Gandalf going all Spaceballs minister at the Denethor grumblers. Seemed a little weird for a wedding.

Yes, thank you for this update. Love the new city, quests and rewards from the storyline and tokens barterer.

Yes, it is all so beautiful! The music is just happy and upbeat, and how the city is decorated everywhere with flowers, and banners and garlands! So, the guys at SSG have been really hard at work during these difficult times and not sitting idly at home during home office and twiddling their thumbs But instead brought this massive city to a new life. Really awesome job.

And all the people sitting at tables outside and eating, the small parties with music and dancing in the streets everywhere. And the inns full of people having a good time. When I ran through Minas Tirith I felt like I was in Disneyland

I was just wondering about the Epic. I am only Lvl 71 and faaar away in Grimbold's Camp, Theodred had just fallen. The wedding is like months away, maybe years. It somehow didn't feel right to prepare for Aragorn's and Arwen's wedding, so I skipped it after 2 quests. Why could I even pick it up? And if I complete it now, could I again pick it up at the "right" time?

Quote Originally Posted by Craiden View Post
    Yes, it is all so beautiful! The music is just happy and upbeat, and how the city is decorated everywhere with flowers, and banners and garlands! So, the guys at SSG have been really hard at work during these difficult times and not sitting idly at home during home office and twiddling their thumbs But instead brought this massive city to a new life. Really awesome job.

And all the people sitting at tables outside and eating, the small parties with music and dancing in the streets everywhere. And the inns full of people having a good time. When I ran through Minas Tirith I felt like I was in Disneyland

I was just wondering about the Epic. I am only Lvl 71 and faaar away in Grimbold's Camp, Theodred had just fallen. The wedding is like months away, maybe years. It somehow didn't feel right to prepare for Aragorn's and Arwen's wedding, so I skipped it after 2 quests. Why could I even pick it up? And if I complete it now, could I again pick it up at the "right" time?
    The epic wedding quest will be available year round, so even when the festival ends you can come back and complete the wedding epic.. The midsummer festival quests won't be available after July 20th, till next year, but the wedding will be.

I don't post often, but I just had to say thanks and well done. Enjoying every minute
    Honeydew
    The Watchers
    Laurelin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2