We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[PvMP] Delving Bosses Daily Event

Had a brain fart and decided to post an idea, maybe already proposed by someone previously, maybe not. Anyway..

Once or twice a day, Gaergoth the Unbound leaves The Delving of Fror to get his revenge on those who have farmed him for so many years. He is angry, therefore leaves The Delving of Fror alone in a rush and is unprotected by Searing Urfons. Enraged, he gains the following buffs/skills and shouts out the quotes before using them:

No quote for this buff, it's permanent
    Permanent State Immunity - Immune to Stun, Daze, Fear or Root.

No quote for this buff, it's permanent
    Revenge - +100% Morale, +100% Damage, +20% Armour (This is pretty much a renamed Difficulty Tier X buff from any other raid on freep side)

"Your defeat will fuel my rage!"
    Steeled Mind - This creature cannot be forced into attacking a single target through means other than damage or response to healing. (He loses aggro for 20 seconds, attacking random enemies from either creep or freep side)

"Die!"
    Deep Cut - Basic attack that deals "X" Shadow Damage and is enabled when Steeled Mind is active.

"You dare to confront me? I shall claim you for flame!"
    Burning - Deals "X" Fire Damage every 1 second for 10 seconds to enemies within 40m radius (Or whatever is the maximum available range on both creep and freep sides. This is to make sure that neither side complains about being able to counter this attack just by standing farther).

"No. I will not face you outside my realm!"
    In the name of the Witch King - On the brink of death and out of desperation, Gaergoth the Unbound calls forth the Searing Urfons from The Delving of Fror to aid him, heals for 5% of his maximum morale every second and enables both Steeled Mind and Burning skills at the same time, but this time they last until his last breath. (When this buff is enabled we are back to the basic mechanics, both sides have to defeat the Urfons before the main boss can be attacked. Searing Urfons should also receive the same buff Revenge, either at full or at least half of the values)

--------------------

Because both sides would be fighting the boss and at the same time each other, the rewards should be worth it. Here are a few ideas:

1. Upon defeating the boss, anyone who has participated on both sides should be awarded with 2500 commedations and 2500 infamy/renown.
    2. Participating in this event 50 times would grant a title "Strength In Unity" for both sides. Participating 100 times would grant freeps a "Warrior of Light" and creeps a "Darkness Within" titles.
    3. A chance for the boss to drop existing or new cosmetics, potions including battle ones that increase stats and also corruptions for creeps. For freeps it could drop cosmetics, potions, scrolls that buff mitigations and damage that can also be crafted by Scholars, items to improve Legendary Items. An old item could be brought back to PvMP for both sides, the Brand of Mordirith, I don't remember exactly how it was called. Of course it would have to be renamed to something more fitting for freeps.

Any comments like "why do you even bother, SSG doesn't care" are welcome. I already mentioned, that I had a brain fart...

Good brain fart.

Could definitely bring some variety to the whole thing.

PvMP events would be a nice, and could especially revive the somewhat empty servers. Many games do something like this.

Here and there a + 100% reknown / infamy weekend, or something more elaborate as you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenhand View Post
    Good brain fart.

Could definitely bring some variety to the whole thing.

PvMP events would be a nice, and could especially revive the somewhat empty servers. Many games do something like this.

Here and there a + 100% reknown / infamy weekend, or something more elaborate as you suggested.
    The problem with 100% renown/infamy boost is that it would benefit the wrong people as well as those actually pvping, it would also not stop people from camping each other, therefore shuffles would become even worse, where having something like "roaming threat" as I've described would benefit only those who would be there fighting. Sure multi boxers would be there too, but at least people would be encouraged to leave their safe zones for something new that would also have some decent rewards. All these things already exist in game either way, a few tweaks are all that is needed.

Even if these guys got involved more often, it would make it more fun, cause at the moment they appear every once in a life time and offer absolutely nothing - https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Fil...-wstandard.jpg

Of course that could happen, but who cares? I don't know how other games handle it. From a few friends I only know that there seems to be a buff for 1 or 2 hours every day in ESO.
    And in WoW there's a 50% buff. Something like that, and ofc you can earn cosmetics etc.

What I always like are these coins that you get during the anniversary. A good source for commendations, which is cool for new players aswell. Tokens you can trade for skins or maps. Something like that could come more often in PvMP.
    Sometimes I even miss these ghost stones that used to drop in the Delving a long time ago, lol.

You are absolutely right about the Delving faction in general, they are pretty irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenhand View Post
    What I always like are these coins that you get during the anniversary. A good source for commendations, which is cool for new players aswell. Tokens you can trade for skins or maps. Something like that could come more often in PvMP.
    Sometimes I even miss these ghost stones that used to drop in the Delving a long time ago, lol.
    I don't even know these ghost stones existed, clearly haven't been playing the game for that long, but the anniversary coins are also a good idea, just some of the loot that drops from the boxes is way too outdated, like foods or CC brands with +/-20min cd that are useless as well as morale/power pots. Considering this event only happens once a year the drops should definitely be updated. There are already plenty of existing items in game that could be added to the loot, including cosmetics, that could be copied from npcs and look good.