We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

small changes to make big improvements in Remmorchat t1 and t2.

There is already a thread detailing the shortcomings of the current raid. I think the raid is overall good, the boss mechanics for fights 2,3,4 in particular. However, the difficulty on t1 and t2 does not match the playerbase and the rewards are not equivalent to difficulty level. As such, I recommend the following.

T1

Boss 1 : no changes
    boss 2 : remove the beetles
    Boss 3 : reduce life drain heal by 75%
    Boss 4 : remove a wave of adds. ( 2 instead of 3 )
    Loot : ilvl 420 ( if we keep t2 at ilvl 428 then t1 should be around 420 )

T2

Boss 2 : remove the spitter
    Boss 3 : allow life drain protection buffs to be refreshed, add 10 seconds to the duration of cocoon puddles.
    Boss 4 : remove a wave of adds, reduce # of corruptions to 80
    Loot : boss 4 should drop class appropriate raid set pieces at a drop rate similar to t3 bosses.

T3

Boss 1 : all 3 sub bosses.

Futah@arkenstone.

can we also nerf the tiering mechanic for raids as well? cause the dps checks are already pretty high even for t1 for a majority of the player base, then t2 pushes those check into ridiculous territory. It's just pigeon holeing groups to have one group setup, one 'best' rotation, and is just showcasing how grand the disparities are between the different classes in the same role. Why take a guard when a cappy can do everything they can do and increase group dps; why take an RK when their damage potential is so much lower than that of a hunter or warden?

nerf moral pools for t2 15-25%, drop damage by 15-25% as well to reduce the possibility of rng 1shots such as the blight spitter spawning and wiping out the group before aggro can be established.

and make the loot system make sense. T2 side bosses dropping set gear when T2 bosses don't is dumb, and ill die on that hill if I have to. There is at best 2 mechanics for any of the side bosses, most of which can be ignored with high dps and yet those are more rewarding than completing a boss? If you're worried that people will just farm boss 1 and get all their gear, people are already doing that on T3 for the weeks that its 'easy'... there is no progression in this raid. It's just do a t1 clear so you can barter for the teals, then t2/3 side bosses to get your set. Where is the incentive to do boss 2 t2? why put in the work to reach that stupidly high dps check when you know that you'll at best get the same gear you got on t1 but a few item levels higher.

Quote Originally Posted by flirtswithmediocrity View Post
    There is already a thread detailing the shortcomings of the current raid. I think the raid is overall good, the boss mechanics for fights 2,3,4 in particular. However, the difficulty on t1 and t2 does not match the playerbase and the rewards are not equivalent to difficulty level. As such, I recommend the following.

T1

boss 2 : remove the beetles
    Boss 3 : reduce life drain heal by 75%
    Boss 4 : remove a wave of adds. ( 2 instead of 3 )
    Loot : ilvl 420 ( if we keep t2 at ilvl 428 then t1 should be around 420 )

T2

Boss 2 : remove the spitter
    Boss 3 : allow life drain protection buffs to be refreshed, add 10 seconds to the duration of cocoon puddles.
    Boss 4 : remove a wave of adds, reduce # of corruptions to 80
    Loot : boss 4 should drop class appropriate raid set pieces at a drop rate similar to t3 bosses.

T3

Boss 1 : all 3 sub bosses.

Futah@arkenstone.
    In my opinion for T2 Boss 4 they should at least remove one of the additional mechanics compared to T1. Boss 4 just changes from nearly no mechanics (except the phial) to all mechanics (corruptions, burning dead adds, people getting captured in cocoons). As far as I know there are no additional mechanics for T3+. It would be better to ramp up the difficulty by adding the mechanics step by step while going from T1 to T2 to t3...

Everyones DPS went up with yesterdays update

They changed the mechanics in the raid

It's much easier now

Loot rules, as always are wack, its an SSG thing.

Enjoy

Mortem Tyrannis