We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    I hope they run a full raid in Remmorchant t5 as a beorning healer before doing any changes, to see if beorning healing is unbalanced or not.

Quote Originally Posted by pikeperch View Post
    I hope they run a full raid in Remmorchant t5 as a beorning healer before doing any changes, to see if beorning healing is unbalanced or not.

Sadly, they won't. No one I've seen stream has played endagme content. And no, questing in Mordor Besieged and Imlad Morgul does not count.

I started a Beorn the first day they were released, played to level cap at the time. I found that folks didn't like taking Beorns into raids so I ended up parking it for 3+ years. Started leveling again via festivals. When Vales was released I played the class and really enjoyed the survivability. This is the main class I play now and if the changes affect my end-game survival I'll just cease to support the game (three VIP accounts). I wonder how many accounts it would take for you, SSG, to listen to your player base, you need us more than we need you.

I don't know much about Beorning healing, but it shouldn't be much of a problem if it's arranged like it's with Minstrel: power of healing skills depending on the selected trait tree? (hidden multiplier)
    healing tree - high heal / low dps / medium survivability
    dps tree - low heal / high dps / medium surv.
    tank tree - low heal / low dps / high surv.

Quote Originally Posted by Giseldah View Post
    dps tree - low heal / high dps / medium surv.
    The problem right now... is that Composure gives Red bears very high self-heal (while their DPS remains pretty much medium at best). Their self-HPS can basically out heal any damage they would realistically take in PvP/landscape. Meanwhile, the tank tree traits deep into red to pick up Composure for the same crazy self-healing while also having Thick Hide / Counter as survivability skills.

These changes will probably force tanking bears into going yellow secondary for the yellow Bees trait, because Composure will be too expensive of an investment to be worth it after a 66% nerf.
    Red bear, however, won't really have anything to fall back on. At least they'll still be fine for landscape/questing...

Composure is a dps trait. If they don't want another line Beorning trait it, they can just put in last trait line in red, so no blue beorning can trait it. If they don't want red beornings have such a powerful healing skill (I don't see how it is relevant outside pvp, but whatever) they can put it in last trait line and lower it a bit, BUT at the same time they should increase dps on red bear or in general fix red bear, cause it is kinda a mess right now.
    There is no absulute reason to nerf hearten, which is a healing skill, no one ever whined about hearten. And no one from SSG has presented a reason why Hearten in HEALING line is op and that is why it should be nerfed. It is probably only somposure that has created some problems (in pvp only). If they nerf hearten, they will clearly show that they have other intentions.
    To me all the above conclude in 2 things: 1) If they don't want us to play this class (and I have been playing beorning for a long time to know how they treated this PAYED class through the years), they can just tell us. All other things are excuses.
    2) There have been games destroyed in the past, cause they listened to pvp feeedback and starting implementing changes to pve according to that. I fear we have the same issue here.

To be clear, this is not a class-breaking nerf. We aren't going back to 1 mini + 1 RK heal comp in a raid, and bear tanks wont be unviable for instances or farm-status raid tiers. But it is annoying that it only serves a purpose for pvp and low-level pve balance but will still apply across the board, especially because they could fix the latter without touching endgame pve.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Ulxart, Loremaster

Agree don't change Bears healing

Do not change the PVP changes to live.... you do more nerfing and people will be leaving the game for sure. I have kin members very upset by hearing the PVP nerfing will be following onto live.

Beorn changes are coming to live, especially the Hearten change. Courtesy of the livestream today.

Anyway, I don't know. I rest my case. I mean, hearten change wont kill bear healing, but so many things here, so much feedback, so many things they can do to improve beorning, and they choose to do this. And again a cd increase, which has been proved so wrong solution, so many times. But, anyway.

I hope some people here would be happy. I guess they will stop crying cause they cannot kill a bear in bombadil server.

But maybe they will start crying for something else in future. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahu View Post
    Anyway, I don't know. I rest my case. I mean, hearten change wont kill bear healing, but so many things here, so much feedback, so many things they can do to improve beorning, and they choose to do this. And again a cd increase, which has been proved so wrong solution, so many times. But, anyway.

I hope some people here would be happy. I guess they will stop crying cause they cannot kill a bear in bombadil server.

But maybe they will start crying for something else in future. Who knows?
    I play a bear on bombadil. Hearten was powerful, but even with the CD my bear can just go into yellow and self heal like crazy. The issue is that this game isn't balanced in any way shape or form at the early levels. Literally a child playing this game got upset because a bear killed him, and he came on here and cried about it, and within a couple days a nerf was applied to Hearten. Here are my issues with this:

Implementing CDs ruins skills, Vastin (I really hate to call people out, but I feel strongly about this one) destroyed blue hunter with barrage CD, yellow RK rotation was completely broken with a CD, and now the only thing the bear nerf resulted in is the skill being too annoying to use. I play a yellow bear on Bombadil, nobody can kill me when I go bear form and self heal, losing hearten does not change that at all. The only difference for me is that I don't use hearten anymore. If I need to heal, I go bear form and heal. What this nerf does do though is create potential unintended consequences for players at L130 who may rely on this skill in a completely different environment than Bombadil.

There's clearly imbalance in this game, sometimes gross imbalance, but the answer is not increasing CDs every time you think a skill is broken. By making a skill not worth using anymore, you are breaking that skill and potentially that class/trait configuration.

I guess I get it though, it's a small team trying to keep track of 60+ class/trait combinations. Hell, we don't even have enough players to really know what combinations of class/trait points make for ridiculous OP set-ups. I'm sure there are some out there that if anybody knew about would get nerfed right away.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Well, so much for a feedback forum. It is clear more people don't want this nerf than do but it's happening anyway. We haven't seen the change yet but I bet they didn't listen to a single good idea in this thread at all and just took the lazy way out again and just nerfed all healing skills without making any other change. Every time I hope I can be proven wrong, I get proven right.

I saw a thread complaining about the lore-master pet and runekeeper. You should go ahead and nerf them on live as well since they were complained about on the pvp server. And since you have the nerf hammer out, might as well nerf the healing on the captain and the mini to.

Yep, just as I expected, they took the lazy way out and just nerfed hearten and composure. So much for the great ideas in this post and even having a feedback forum to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    Yep, just as I expected, they took the lazy way out and just nerfed hearten and composure. So much for the great ideas in this post and even having a feedback forum to begin with.
    On the plus side, it appears they're buffing bees to do similar damage to Greater Bee Swarm; which would be a considerable dps increase for non-yellow Bears. But doubt its enough to consider Red bear as a DPS class
    Last edited by laughatdo0m; Jun 30 2020 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    Well, so much for a feedback forum. It is clear more people don't want this nerf than do but it's happening anyway. We haven't seen the change yet but I bet they didn't listen to a single good idea in this thread at all and just took the lazy way out again and just nerfed all healing skills without making any other change. Every time I hope I can be proven wrong, I get proven right.

I saw a thread complaining about the lore-master pet and runekeeper. You should go ahead and nerf them on live as well since they were complained about on the pvp server. And since you have the nerf hammer out, might as well nerf the healing on the captain and the mini to.
    You do realize that the vast majority of players does not even visit the forums, let alone post frequently? Not sure how you come to the above conclusion...?

Can anyone explain to me what is going on with beornings now? Patch notes say one healing skill was affected, but in chat today all I have heard is how beorning healing is ruined, people want refunds, people are never playing bear again, and one guy just now announced that he will no longer be taking any bears in his raids.

Now, my beorning is level 63 right now, but I go yellow, and all my strongest heals are in bear form anyway. So why would one healing skill, in man form no less, ruin the entire class for healing, and cause them to be locked out of raids?

I'm really hoping that people are just being dramatic or are being jerks, but all this talk had me concerned that maybe I was missing something. I'm not happy about the nerf, but I was hoping it wasn't as huge a deal as chat tonight was making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    Can anyone explain to me what is going on with beornings now? Patch notes say one healing skill was affected, but in chat today all I have heard is how beorning healing is ruined, people want refunds, people are never playing bear again, and one guy just now announced that he will no longer be taking any bears in his raids.

Now, my beorning is level 63 right now, but I go yellow, and all my strongest heals are in bear form anyway. So why would one healing skill, in man form no less, ruin the entire class for healing, and cause them to be locked out of raids?

I'm really hoping that people are just being dramatic or are being jerks, but all this talk had me concerned that maybe I was missing something. I'm not happy about the nerf, but I was hoping it wasn't as huge a deal as chat tonight was making it out to be.
    You are witnessing the internet. People are overreacting to changes, rather that adjusting. Blue and Red beornings have less self healing now from Composure/Hearten nerf (but they have increased damage because of Bees buff). That said, they could still use damage/tanking buffs.
    Yellow beornings have a net increase in heals with the starlit increase, although hearten is nerfed.
    Last edited by laughatdo0m; Jun 30 2020 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laughatdo0m View Post
    You are witnessing the internet. People are overreacting to changes, rather that adjusting. Blue and Red beornings have less self healing now from Composure/Hearten nerf (but they have increased damage because of Bees buff). Yellow beornings have a net increase in heals with the starlit increase.
    Thanks, I'll rest easier now. I was actually starting to wonder if there was something I wasn't understanding about how beornings worked, especially when I heard the guy announcing he wouldn't allow bears in his raids! I couldn't figure out what that had to do with anything, since yellow line seemed the least affected by this change.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4