We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Need guidance

Need guidance

So after 13 years I am finally going to play a hunter on the legendary server and in need of some help.
    What is the optimal rotation for raid dps?
    What legacies do I need on my primary LIs ??
    What legacies are best for swappy bow??

So in general what is the optimal red line raid dps rotation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight19 View Post
    So after 13 years I am finally going to play a hunter on the legendary server and in need of some help.
    I don't think people generally take the time to post things in the forums related to these topics. It's always changing and forums don't hit a broad enough audience of players who care. I would suggesting downloading discord, joining Ghyn's discord channel, and participating in the hunter section.

Here's a rotation video he did recently, and a link to his discord in the info section:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqoKc-ARmJw
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Knight19 View Post
    On Anor your max Level is atm 85.

Use Strengh Stance and Red Line.

Melee Weapon Legacies:
    A Needfull Haste Duration
    b Strenght Stance Damage
    b Mercifull Shot Critical Multiplier

If you want to try and Test:
    A Precision Stance Critical
    AOE would be nice too
    and the chance of the Melee Bleed

On a 2nd Age are enough Points left, as you have 3 that are nice and 3 as optional.

Bow Legacies:
    You can have up to 7, but you do not get more points for the 7th one :-)
    A Induction Bow Critical Mulitipier (max)
    A Focus Bow Critical Mulitipier (max)
    b Induction Bow Damage (max)
    b Heart Seeker Damage (6)
    b Quick shot Damage (8)
    b Hunter Damage over Time. (6)

+ 7th A Merciful Shot CD (3)
    In () are the Ranks i chose to spend.

Swap Bow Legacies:
    b Burnhot

When you use for Induction Bow Skill and for Focus Bow Skill different Bows, then have in mind that you will have a massive Damage loss if you use skills with the false Bow. I think in my Raidgroup non does use that, as often you hear the click, but the Bow did not switch. Some not even use the Burn Hot in fight. They use it only at the Beginning of the fight.

Rotation:
    Use in Common even other Shoot or when nothing else is free Quickshot. That is the Base. You get the Buff Fast Draw, that let you shoot faster. Keep that alive!!!
    You keep it alive by using this skill.

You can wait for the free proc of Swift Bow or use it whenever it is free. you get the free proc by using Quickshot.

Use Penetrating Shot at least every 10sec. The Target get a Debuff on his Mits. Keep that alive by using each 10sec that skill.

Barbet Arrow each 12sec to have the Bleed on the Target.

When Focus full, then Upshot.

Heart Seeker & Merciful Shot use it when ever it is free.

Raid or Bossfights:
    If you are in Position and your Leader count in then listen and do following before:
    1. Go in Shadows with Camouflage
    2. Switch Bow to Burnhot Bow
    3. Use Focus to get full.
    Listen to Counter
    You can press ever and ever again Focus, that refreshes the Buff.
    4. When the Counter hits "2" then use Burn Hot.
    5. Switch Bow to Damage Bow
    6. And Start the Fight.

I Like to use Heartseeker followed by Upshot.
    Then start to build up the Quickshot buff.

I did not play much since the Last Update so maybe a bit screwing would increase the damage in addition.

You can have nice Set options and you can mix it.
    Hytbold offers you:
    - Bowmaster with +5% Critical Multipier (2) / -3sec Swift Bow CD (4)
    - Huntsman with -5% Bow Induction (2) / -4sec Blood Arrow CD (4)
    Erebor Raid offers you:
    Greater Bowmaster with Burn Hot Increase Critical Damage (2) / Heartseeker CD reset & instant shot (4)

You can Wear 6 Parts and the Combination Options are nice.

In my case, as a big fan of Devaste Magnitude Arthol (from DN Istum) is fix in Slot.
    I use some items of Orthanc and the 75 Area. Sachol (cloak - Pits); Greagolin (neck - Foundry); Certhechor (Brace)
    I use atm 2x H. Bowmaster and 2x Huntsman + Arthol.
    But maybe the 4x Greater Bowmaster would be better + 2x H. Bowmaster, but then i have to drop Arthol......

Some nice Sets and Options. The 4x Greater Bowmaster is very, very powerfull, WHEN the Heartseeker buff procs.

I am very often the Offtank, so it is good to have some Mits. On the other Side, the hits i get help me to let my Helm Proc :-)

I did no Testing after the Last Update so some Points on the weapons may swift a bit.
    Like HS proc and the including Bleeding could get more benefit, if that would get increased.
    But on the other Side: You have the Erebor Raids.

tltr: The Thread Opener asked for Anor so:
    On Anor your max Level is atm 85.

Its late if i forgot something, then please add it to the thread.
    Maybe some Hunter Raid and Main Player could add something about the Last Update and what we should switch/change now to get an increasement.

[@Rodrem - does this count as guide? haha]

Quote Originally Posted by Laubgaenger View Post
    [
    When you use for Induction Bow Skill and for Focus Bow Skill different Bows, then have in mind that you will have a massive Damage loss if you use skills with the false Bow. Some not even use the Burn Hot in fight. They use it only at the Beginning of the fight.
    Always use burn hot off CD when HS/Upshot/sb are available. This is probably why most hunters on the server are bad - they arent using BH in the fights

Mirage
    Arkenstone | Anor

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    This is probably why most hunters on the server are bad - they arent using BH in the fights
    There's a whole lot more to it than that. Burn Hot (with non-imbued legacy and fully traited), the way damage is calculated in LOTRO, is a 16% damage boost (you can simply check CA and tooltips). And it's only up ~22% of the time at best. So that's 3.5% more damage than a hunter who has never even spent a trait point on it.

Prior to imbuement, Burn Hot is the difference between doing 30k DPS and 31k DPS. Having a Burn Hot swap bow is a .67% damage boost (jumps from +13% damage to +16%). That's the difference between 30.0k DPS and 30.2k DPS

Something tells me a good hunter is doing more than 3.5% more damage than a bad one.

--------------------

The first part of your post was pretty on the mark, rotation-wise (for a L85). Heartseeker/Swift Bow (unless at full focus)/Merciful every time they're off cooldown, Upshot off cooldown and only with full focus. Pen Shot every 10 seconds for True Shot debuff, Barbed every 12 for bleed. Blood Arrow (unless you anticipate needing the heal) and Pinning Shot (unless detrimental to the fight) when you have the focus to spare. Quick Shot peppered in to build focus as needed and for Fast Draw. Additional Pen Shots if everything else is on cooldown and you're full on focus.

It's a fairly simple class, Knight--managing focus is the most engaging part of combat.
    Last edited by Paytowin; Jun 15 2020 at 02:27 AM.

Thank you guys. Great information