We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cool [EVENT] Summer Poetry Competition

O the summer time has come
    and the trees are sweetly blooming
    and the wild mountain thyme
    grows around the blooming heather.

Will ye go lassie, go?

The sun is almost at it's highest in the sky and ye all know what that means!

Tis the time once more ter see who will become this years Summer-time Bard

Barring no other gatherings booked there, we'll meet at the Grand stage near Bywater fer a grand night.

Tis traditional fer a some topics be given, fer those taking part ter base their poems on. This year is no different, ye'll have ter choose from the following:

Fishing, an adventure or a resident of the Shire (Either NPC or player)

When: Saturday 27th June

Time: 7:30 pm (BST)/ 2:30 (I think) servertime

Topics: fishing, an adventure or Shire resident

Prizes: Summer-Time bard title, plus anything else I can find down the sofa!

All races are welcome ter sign up fer this most grand event, and I'll look ferward ter seeing ye all on the night. Bring a picnic ter enjoy and music will be on hand fer yer dancing pleasure.

If yer interested in taking part then drop a message either on this thread on via the fast post ter meself - Jadite or me Nannie.

-Jadite

okay me dears! so far we've seven or so folks willing ter share their poems with ye. still room fer a few more, so come on down and let me know if ye wants ter take part or just comes ter watch!

Thanks for doing this!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Poetry Slam

I was interested in taking part if there was room. Sent you a PM with no reply though. My character on Laurelin is named Braagg

My apologies Master Braagg, but we met in the end.

Thank ye all fer the most wonderful o' nights. Them poets showed us some word craft that will be hard ter rival. The bar was set high.... which isna so good when yer a wee hobbit!

Still our winners earned there places well

Master Braagg came in third, twas grand to see one of the Mountain lads taking part.

Master Davlo tugged on the heart strings ter grab second place

An fer the first time ever in all the long years ma family has been running this.... we had two winners.

So welcome them both! The Shire's newest Summertime Bards!

Miss Lina and Master Simbo!