We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 75
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by cwswim03 View Post
    No the question is not that. The question is how long will the servers stay up with a gamebreaking bug in it?
    SSG will only be active in 2 circumstances:
    - Utterly gamebreaking bug
    - Shop issues

    Other than that they can't be bothered.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    Unfortunately we all know SSGs actions on exploiting: do nothing :/
    This isn't really an exploit, its something that could be triggered by accident quite easily, and before you realize it..... "wait, how did that T5 raid boss die now?"
    But yeah this is something that will be HEAVILY exploited in T5 instances today....

    Whoopsie! Expect a "hotfix" soon. I guess they could take down *all* instances of relevance for now, but this isn't good.

    Silver lining: Champs are wanted again in raids!
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015! Now also playing on ANOR!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by maartena View Post
    This isn't really an exploit, its something that could be triggered by accident quite easily, and before you realize it..... "wait, how did that T5 raid boss die now?"
    But yeah this is something that will be HEAVILY exploited in T5 instances today....

    Whoopsie! Expect a "hotfix" soon. I guess they could take down *all* instances of relevance for now, but this isn't good.

    Silver lining: Champs are wanted again in raids!
    hm, can happen accidently .. let me go through all the steps - NO, there is not a single thing accidentaly in that.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    180
    Hotfix seems to already be deployed: I no longer see the debuff after using Challenge.

    Sad: I really wanted to know the steps to reproduce it.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiyafar View Post
    Hotfix seems to already be deployed: I no longer see the debuff after using Challenge.

    Sad: I really wanted to know the steps to reproduce it.
    It was just, somehow, fight on crit rat legacy affecting the debuff.

    Well fun is over, it was fun after all to get ourselves oneshotted by a grey mob
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

  6. #31
    Sooooooo many devastatingly sarcastic comments that could be made at this moment. But, I'll just savor this delicious bag of popcorn while everyone else continues the feeding frenzy.

    Enjoy!

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    3,744
    A command has been run on all servers to prevent an issue where the Champion legacy ‘Fight On critical rating’ was interacting with a debuff from the Champions Challenge skill incorrectly. This command stops this from occurring, but players with this legacy equipped will see a large incorrect percentage on their champions challenge skill, and it will no longer reduce damage.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,568
    It's great what developers have such commands and fix that issue fast enough, but how they change champion skill without checking all traits/legacies?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    Sooooooo many devastatingly sarcastic comments that could be made at this moment. But, I'll just savor this delicious bag of popcorn while everyone else continues the feeding frenzy.

    Enjoy!
    What can be more more devastating than out of 5 laughably small champ "tweaks" 1 was breaking the game, and yet no one noticed that questionably biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig number on Challenge?

    If anyone actually still believes SSG cares about quality or even bothers to test their fixes: just look at the picture on the first page and tell me how one can overlook that while testing a change regarding that ability.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiyafar View Post
    What can be more more devastating than out of 5 laughably small champ "tweaks" 1 was breaking the game, and yet no one noticed that questionably biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig number on Challenge?

    If anyone actually still believes SSG cares about quality or even bothers to test their fixes: just look at the picture on the first page and tell me how one can overlook that while testing a change regarding that ability.
    They fixed it almost immediately. Give credit where it's due. And without having to take down the servers.
    .

    You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by cwswim03 View Post
    They fixed it almost immediately. Give credit where it's due. And without having to take down the servers.
    Where is it due though?
    - Pretty obvious no one tested those fixes, because you can't make me believe that someone doing proper QA "just overlooked" that really big number in the ability tooltip
    - Pretty obvious that that small change regarding the debuff from Challenge wasn't tested with every available champ legacy, because then that bug would've presented itself during those tests
    - Pretty obvious that SSG only gets active if 1. the shop has issues or 2. for a select few game-breaking bugs while they couldn't care less about anything else.

    Did Cordovan even bother to respond in the login issues thread?
    His last response of "We're looking into it" was roughly 4 weeks ago with nothing else since.


    So no, there is no credit due: the only thing that's due is contempt and ridicule, because this is just another thing in the long line of SSG "quality".

  12. #37
    they didn't actually fix anything, the just put a bandaid on it by disabling the buff's existence on players/monsters/characters
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiyafar View Post
    Where is it due though?
    - Pretty obvious no one tested those fixes, because you can't make me believe that someone doing proper QA "just overlooked" that really big number in the ability tooltip
    - Pretty obvious that that small change regarding the debuff from Challenge wasn't tested with every available champ legacy, because then that bug would've presented itself during those tests
    - Pretty obvious that SSG only gets active if 1. the shop has issues or 2. for a select few game-breaking bugs while they couldn't care less about anything else.

    Did Cordovan even bother to respond in the login issues thread?
    His last response of "We're looking into it" was roughly 4 weeks ago with nothing else since.


    So no, there is no credit due: the only thing that's due is contempt and ridicule, because this is just another thing in the long line of SSG "quality".
    Just wow, why do you even play this game? All you do is point fingers, insult and belittle. SSG does what it can within the time and staff allotted. Especially given the status of the current situations going on iRL. SSG has made some decisions I absolutely object too, namely loot chest keys, but your claims are ignorant.
    "I swear to God, if this thing turns into a zombie attack, I am quitting." - Jack Carter

  14. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiyafar View Post
    What can be more more devastating than out of 5 laughably small champ "tweaks" 1 was breaking the game, and yet no one noticed that questionably biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig number on Challenge?

    If anyone actually still believes SSG cares about quality or even bothers to test their fixes: just look at the picture on the first page and tell me how one can overlook that while testing a change regarding that ability.


    I really can't argue with anything you just said.

    Want some popcorn? I've got plenty.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    they didn't actually fix anything, the just put a bandaid on it by disabling the buff's existence on players/monsters/characters
    That is standard practice if the fix requires time and a bigger patch ... it is better than the servers going down for lengthy periods of time.
    "I swear to God, if this thing turns into a zombie attack, I am quitting." - Jack Carter

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sensland........meh.
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by cwswim03 View Post
    Oh yes, of course. Let's not try to alert them that they have a game breaking bug in the game that everyone knows about because it's so egregious.
    That isn't what he said. He indicated that it should be a private DM and not public...which resulted in exactly what he was talking about; knuckleheads immediately running off to
    try and exploit a problem. Try reading more slowly next time, you might have a better understanding.
    Nimrithil ~ 120 Champ R9, Nimithril ~ 120 Hunter R6, Kouya ~ 120 Burglar, Leyta ~ 120 Captain, By ~ 120 LM, Byfrith ~ 120 Waden, Nimadan ~ 120 Sith Lord, Flarto ~ 120 Mini

    "I salute you in the name of the porpoise horde.": Howard the dolphin.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sensland........meh.
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiyafar View Post
    Where is it due though?
    - Pretty obvious no one tested those fixes, because you can't make me believe that someone doing proper QA "just overlooked" that really big number in the ability tooltip
    - Pretty obvious that that small change regarding the debuff from Challenge wasn't tested with every available champ legacy, because then that bug would've presented itself during those tests
    - Pretty obvious that SSG only gets active if 1. the shop has issues or 2. for a select few game-breaking bugs while they couldn't care less about anything else.

    Did Cordovan even bother to respond in the login issues thread?
    His last response of "We're looking into it" was roughly 4 weeks ago with nothing else since.


    So no, there is no credit due: the only thing that's due is contempt and ridicule, because this is just another thing in the long line of SSG "quality".
    Dam, lol. You're just an issue looking for a problem, aren't you.

    And next you are going to tell us everything you have ever done in life has been without mistakes. Stop demanding perfection, it isn't possible.
    Nimrithil ~ 120 Champ R9, Nimithril ~ 120 Hunter R6, Kouya ~ 120 Burglar, Leyta ~ 120 Captain, By ~ 120 LM, Byfrith ~ 120 Waden, Nimadan ~ 120 Sith Lord, Flarto ~ 120 Mini

    "I salute you in the name of the porpoise horde.": Howard the dolphin.

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorpoetex View Post
    All you do is point fingers, insult and belittle.

    But even you have to admit that this latest debacle makes it pretty easy to do just that. I mean, this was a very obvious BIG one.

    Popcorn?

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimithril View Post
    Stop demanding perfection, it isn't possible.

    Maybe you weren't aware of it, but all the customers that "demanded perfection" quit LOTRO about nine and a half years ago. The only ones that are left are the ones that are pleasantly surprised every time they log in and the game is still functioning.

    Most of us have a VERY low bar of expectation at this point. But SSG still manages to surprise us sometimes.

    Popcorn?

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    they didn't actually fix anything, the just put a bandaid on it by disabling the buff's existence on players/monsters/characters
    It seems that they have set the buff's duration to a very small value like 0.1s. Rarely the buff can appear just for a moment.
    LOTRO Dynamic map - http://dynmap.ruslotro.com

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    Maybe you weren't aware of it, but all the customers that "demanded perfection" quit LOTRO about nine and a half years ago. The only ones that are left are the ones that are pleasantly surprised every time they log in and the game is still functioning.

    Most of us have a VERY low bar of expectation at this point. But SSG still manages to surprise us sometimes.

    Popcorn?
    I was one of the people who left LOTRO way back when. I went on to play several other games, namely ESO. And if you think SSG and LOTRO have issues, lemme tell ya what. That game, and the company who runs it, are a total #### show. The game looks beautiful, but class balance is far, far worse than it is here. You think Guardians can have it rough in this game? Try being a DPS magika Warden, nobody, and I mean nobody, will group with you, ever. As for the end game, a significant part of it, in fact, a very significant part, is PvP. And the main PvP instance is broken beyond belief. Oh, and that class balance thing? It would really show in PvP, if you can get it to work. Large parts of Veteran Trials are bugged out, the lag makes the worst lag I've experience here look like nothing, and let's talk about cash grabs. That company was recently busted selling the cure for vampirism and lycanthropy on their game store for $10. When you can spend 600 gold at the mages guild in Riften for the same thing (you can make 600 gold in about 5-10 minutes with ease).
    I'm not saying SSG doesn't have it's issues, but this game has been a nice breath of fresh air to come back to. The grass is not always greener on the other side my guy.
    Sunflower
    Burglar Extraordinaire

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiyafar View Post
    Where is it due though?
    - Pretty obvious no one tested those fixes, because you can't make me believe that someone doing proper QA "just overlooked" that really big number in the ability tooltip
    - Pretty obvious that that small change regarding the debuff from Challenge wasn't tested with every available champ legacy, because then that bug would've presented itself during those tests
    - Pretty obvious that SSG only gets active if 1. the shop has issues or 2. for a select few game-breaking bugs while they couldn't care less about anything else.

    Did Cordovan even bother to respond in the login issues thread?
    His last response of "We're looking into it" was roughly 4 weeks ago with nothing else since.


    So no, there is no credit due: the only thing that's due is contempt and ridicule, because this is just another thing in the long line of SSG "quality".
    I was once a teenager as well
    .

    You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

  23. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by eoghanbeornson View Post
    The grass is not always greener on the other side my guy.

    This game lags so badly sometimes that I don't even see the grass.

    Popcorn?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorpoetex View Post
    Just wow, why do you even play this game? All you do is point fingers, insult and belittle. SSG does what it can within the time and staff allotted. Especially given the status of the current situations going on iRL. SSG has made some decisions I absolutely object too, namely loot chest keys, but your claims are ignorant.
    People like you are the prove that my posts have value:
    - Usual deflection of "Why are you even playing" as you can't come up with single actual argument or a rebuttal to mine
    - A tooltip which a half-blind man can spot it to be wrong + the evident non-existent test of the new debuff with every champ legacy is "pointing fingers, insulting"?
    - You mean SSG has the staff to make a time-limited PvP server, but can't be bothered to allocate a few minutes to test 1 debuff with every champ legacy?
    - "Your claims are ignorant", which is why you haven't refuted them and had to grasp for straws.

    I never tire of arguing with your kind.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimithril View Post
    Dam, lol. You're just an issue looking for a problem, aren't you.

    And next you are going to tell us everything you have ever done in life has been without mistakes. Stop demanding perfection, it isn't possible.
    I'm a person of integrity, quality and precision - and I happen to be doing QA for several years now.
    And just from experience: the majority of things SSG pushes to live severs are beta quality at best, which any half-decent QA would reject immediately.

    Black and white thinking to strawman my points which you couldn't refute is a new one I haven't seen yet.
    There is a distinct difference between "making mistakes, owning them, communicating how you remedy it and to do your best to not do that mistake again" vs. SSG's M.O. of "Not bothering with any QA, not bothering with any communication, and the only thing receiving fixes are the shop and some game-breaking bugs".

    As you think I "demand perfection":
    - Where is the work regarding server performance?
    - Where is the rest of the class reworks?
    - Where is the communication or a fix regarding current login issues?
    - etc.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload