We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Champion's Challenge debuff value

I really love this new debuff on Champion's Challenge. Looks like it powers up a target's damage:

[06/03 05:55:20 PM] Kreu scored a critical hit with Champion's Challenge on the Common Wood-stalker.
    [06/03 05:55:23 PM] The Common Wood-stalker incapacitated you.
    [06/03 05:55:23 PM] The Common Wood-stalker scored a hit with a weak melee attack on Kreu for 40,072

great coding there, good job guys ...

This rune is the cause. With another or without a rune the value returns back to 30%. And I'm rising a question to the devs: are you guys sure this applies -30% not +30% on a target?

Do you have anymore information about this?My champ is 115 yellow line , 89 points spent and I only have the regular tool tip.i will post pics - if someone can remind me how to upload an image to Lotro forums

I was Bhorn, bhorn to be wild... dum-de-dum-de-dum.

This is actually the most fun thing on lotro in months
    Rialtan - Rk - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog
    Stragnokka - Champ - Ascensio Kin - Legit Challenger of Gothmog

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorn_EU View Post
    Do you have anymore information about this?My champ is 115 yellow line , 89 points spent and I only have the regular tool tip.i will post pics - if someone can remind me how to upload an image to Lotro forums
    I think it is the Fight On Critical Rating legacy doing it. FOCR = 250 -> 250*100% damage -30% -> +24970% damage
    Laurelin mains: Tamien (R8 Warden) - Tanie (R9 Champion) - Tamieth (Hunter) - Tamia (Minstrel) - Challenger of Gothmog
    Laurelin creeps: Tamratz (R9 Warg) - Tambash (R8 Blackarrow)
    GW2 for LOTROers: https://bit.ly/2nYssrA

Quote Originally Posted by TamX View Post
    I think it is the Fight On Critical Rating legacy doing it. FOCR = 250 -> 250*100% damage -30% -> +24970% damage
    I've seen worse math errors in an MMO, but it's still kinda breathtaking when one like this pops up.

Uploaded a video the pain lol

Quote Originally Posted by TamX View Post
    Definitely FOCR. Mine is at +609970%, none without rune.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorn_EU View Post
    Yes I think the reason is one of those legacies, probably "Fight On Critical Rating"

Quote Originally Posted by Meristrict View Post
    Yes I think the reason is one of those legacies, probably "Fight On Critical Rating"
    Yep. This bonus got inadvertently hooked up to the wrong value and resulted in a rather silly bug.

We've shut off the effect for the time being and will hotfix the actual value soon.

-Vastin

@Vastin

I have a set of jewels that profess to reduce resistance to zero, but never did ofc. How is it that nothing seems worth fixing until SSG can't deny it?

We still have Cord telling us he's never seen any lag/performance issue. Does his character just need to get out more before we get some investigative weight put on it?

Why do tooltip's text and the math(s) under the hood remind me Of Monty Python's Funniest Joke?

Is Shield Smash targeting AE on your to do list? If not who's list?

Cheers

Should someone in the know be responsible for updating known issues in patch notes?

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    @Vastin

I have a set of jewels that profess to reduce resistance to zero, but never did ofc. How is it that nothing seems worth fixing until SSG can't deny it?

We still have Cord telling us he's never seen any lag/performance issue. Does his character just need to get out more before we get some investigative weight put on it?

Why do tooltip's text and the math(s) under the hood remind me Of Monty Python's Funniest Joke?

Is Shield Smash targeting AE on your to do list? If not who's list?

Cheers
    Expect army of teenage fanboys in soon