We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Remove instance locks

Can we please remove instance locks?
    Everyone seems to not want to help do instances because they don't have any favored locks to pull.
    Thus making it near impossible to get runs going after the weekend.

What you are asking for probably wont solve your problem. If locks were removed then I suspect grinders would be have all the armor they want and would be playing some other game or grinding something else and it'd be even harder to find groups. How about somethign in the middle and now have chests go from loot to nothing. there really isnt' favoured, its either loot or NO loot. Can't there be somethign in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by xadoor View Post
    How about somethign in the middle and now have chests go from loot to nothing.

This would effectively ruin instances for most people.
    That is basically the same scenario that's going on right now with people not running because they're out of favored locks.
    Why join a run if you won't get loot?

There's no logical solution to this sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by xadoor View Post
    What you are asking for probably wont solve your problem. If locks were removed then I suspect grinders would be have all the armor they want and would be playing some other game or grinding something else and it'd be even harder to find groups. How about somethign in the middle and now have chests go from loot to nothing. there really isnt' favoured, its either loot or NO loot. Can't there be somethign in the middle?
    Something in the middle would be the best option. Give everyone unlimited access to gear and some will have it all in a week and will no longer be running the instances. Give nothing, and nobody will run the instances either. At least at the moment people can trade pieces, so if someone goes in to help, and the other players get something they do not need, they can trade it to the helper.

But, it would be much better if non favoured locks gave something worthwhile, like crystals and relics, or cosmetic skins a bit more often than they do now.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Something in the middle would be the best option. Give everyone unlimited access to gear and some will have it all in a week and will no longer be running the instances. Give nothing, and nobody will run the instances either. At least at the moment people can trade pieces, so if someone goes in to help, and the other players get something they do not need, they can trade it to the helper.

But, it would be much better if non favoured locks gave something worthwhile, like crystals and relics, or cosmetic skins a bit more often than they do now.
    This argument would barely need to occur if the game had enough players to keep instanced content running 24/7 on every server, which only takes a couple thousand players per server more than we have now. The issue is the microtransactions, the hundreds of bugs in old and brand new content, the grind of Virtue XP, the LI grind, and the very blatant pay to win aspects of the game (give us 130 dollars and get to level 120 with a pre-made Legendary Item for Minas Morgul etc).

Only once you're down to 600 players a server and half of them are just chatting, playing a lute or killing orcs in a field does end game content become this precious commodity that is hard to manage and balance.

And I agree with you, if Legendary Items are to remain end game items as we've been promised, all end game content should drop their hundreds of scrolls and dozens of crystals needed to max them out.

Featured Instances were great but you need to bring back Sword Hall? was it, or any of the ones where you get your 2 scrolls in 10 minutes instead of 20. Or just make them drop more scrolls seems obvious to me.

At least at the moment people can trade pieces, so if someone goes in to help, and the other players get something they do not need, they can trade it to the helper.
    If its a kin run yes but if its a pug run well- some people made good gold from selling these stuffs, mainly from sides boss runs.
    I gave them free all the time I had a chance to join a pug run (as a family man I cant/wont play at weekends all the time here...)
    For high tiers instances maybe I would offer to give one more lock, maybe it can be as a middle solution here.
    For the raid maybe another lock for T2 but for T3 keep it as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkorben View Post
    If its a kin run yes but if its a pug run well- some people made good gold from selling these stuffs, mainly from sides boss runs.
    I gave them free all the time I had a chance to join a pug run (as a family man I cant/wont play at weekends all the time here...)
    For high tiers instances maybe I would offer to give one more lock, maybe it can be as a middle solution here.
    For the raid maybe another lock for T2 but for T3 keep it as is.
    If it's a pug run then it's not likely there will be a player in there purely to help. I'm talking about when a player has the chance of zero loot, but goes in to help out friends. It's up to those friends to then make sure their helper friend is offered something for their help (even if they won't or don't accept it).
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

If it's a pug run then it's not likely there will be a player in there purely to help. I'm talking about when a player has the chance of zero loot, but goes in to help out friends. It's up to those friends to then make sure their helper friend is offered something for their help (even if they won't or don't accept it).
    You right but I saw/heard that people are joining to pug runs even with locks just to get the chance to buy loot from someone, but Im getting off the subject here so sorry for that.

No, just No to the whole topic. Favored pulls are the best that ever happened to the game. With these, everyone got a decent chance at getting good gear.

If favored pulls would be removed, the drop chances will be adjusted back to there they were, and i am just pointing to silent street golden pocket item. I DO NOT want to have to run an instance 100 times again just to see A SINGLE pocket drop for the whole group. With favored pulls the drop chances have been so much better and the game has been so much more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorondir View Post
    No, just No to the whole topic. Favored pulls are the best that ever happened to the game. With these, everyone got a decent chance at getting good gear.

If favored pulls would be removed, the drop chances will be adjusted back to there they were, and i am just pointing to silent street golden pocket item. I DO NOT want to have to run an instance 100 times again just to see A SINGLE pocket drop for the whole group. With favored pulls the drop chances have been so much better and the game has been so much more enjoyable.
    I totally agree with you but it cause some problems to players that cant play so much during the weekends.
    Most of the players wants to finish most of their lock's content on weekends, many of them on Thursday's.
    This leave others that want to use their locks during the week in some difficulties, as I see it mainly by looking for tanks.
    Im aware that any method/system can fit well to someone while be the opposite to the other.
    Nevertheless Im ok with that, I just stopped looking on this horrible Social/Raid locks Tab and run/help stuffs even if I have locks.
    Cheers

Here's a brief summary:

I spent hours looking for a tank and a healer yesterday.
    Healer came but no tank.
    Wait.... wait.... wait.... wait... wait.... *30 minutes later*
    Still no tank so the healer leaves.
    Wait.... wait.... wait.... wait... wait.... *30 minutes later*
    Everyone gets impatient and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkorben View Post
    This leave others that want to use their locks during the week in some difficulties, as I see it mainly by looking for tanks.
    This is not a problem due to locks. There have been way too few tanks for 3mans all the times - and removing locks will not change that. Especially since tanks will be able to choose their DD so even mediocre geared tanks can choose from top geared DDs, while mediocre geared (or sub-optimal) DDs will never get a tank.

This is not a problem due to locks. There have been way too few tanks for 3mans all the times - and removing locks will not change that. Especially since tanks will be able to choose their DD so even mediocre geared tanks can choose from top geared DDs, while mediocre geared (or sub-optimal) DDs will never get a tank.
    I agree with you mate that it should be as you said but the fact is that during the week is more hard to get a tank then in the weekends, that's what I felt.
    So if this game have few Tanks so most of them are preferred to play on the weekends- can you agree that this is sound more logic?

I disagree. I have quite a few friends online that have guards, captains and beornings every time I try to run something.
    When I contact them, they are all saying the same thing, "I am out of locks".
    Neither of them offer to help me finish.

Yes, twice a week.
    Then everyone goes out and plays something else.

I'm sorry, but on Arkenstone, people have been running Silent Street for a very long time and there were plenty of Hilt drops. My own runs saw between at least one every 3 runs and within a month, my entire kin got hilts and spares. So this whole "hundred runs no item" nonsense is....well, wrong.

And how does this matter with locks? Oh yeah....
    Almost nobody will bother beyond twice a week. At all. Props to the exceptions and even they are probably only doing it to payback a favour or something.

Removing the locks and giving people the chance to run as many times as they want was a lot better than this, as runs have been happening pretty much every day, instead of just Thursday/Sunday.
    And the whole "tanks get to choose who they run with"; If you have a problem with it, make a tank and do the runs yourself, bring on whoever you want. I know that for the runs I tank (as a Guardian main and having a geared Captain and Beorning) will without a doubt do it for the kinmates first and foremost and I'm already blowning out my locks. So, no point in making for others.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboch View Post
    Yes, twice a week.
    Then everyone goes out and plays something else.

Almost nobody will bother beyond twice a week. At all. Props to the exceptions and even they are probably only doing it to payback a favour or something.

Removing the locks and giving people the chance to run as many times as they want was a lot better than this, as runs have been happening pretty much every day, instead of just Thursday/Sunday.
    And the whole "tanks get to choose who they run with"; If you have a problem with it, make a tank and do the runs yourself, bring on whoever you want. I know that for the runs I tank (as a Guardian main and having a geared Captain and Beorning) will without a doubt do it for the kinmates first and foremost and I'm already blowning out my locks. So, no point in making for others.

And there you have it. Zaboch comes in and proves everyone wrong and indirectly backs my argument up.

I remember running instances daily then that stopped when locks came into effect.
    Court of Seregost was the first to get locks. Sure, Naerbrand, too, but no one actually does it.
    Cavern of Thorns, Glimmerdeep and Thikil-gundu is where the locks really became a problem since gear was a laughing stock until Adventurer gear got buffed higher than Grarik's Armoury gear

Mind you - Mordor had easy barter options for lvl 112 that didn't take many motes to get and were better than the lvl 115 crafted gear.
    And that level 115 crafted gear did not require heavy amounts of mats or Black Adamant Shards like the ones at Skarhald required Dwarrowgleam shard quite a bit of material.
    Then Vales of Anduin demanded we upgrade our weapons and shields which took another hefty cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    And there you have it. Zaboch comes in and proves everyone wrong and indirectly backs my argument up.

I remember running instances daily then that stopped when locks came into effect.
    Court of Seregost was the first to get locks. Sure, Naerbrand, too, but no one actually does it.
    Cavern of Thorns, Glimmerdeep and Thikil-gundu is where the locks really became a problem since gear was a laughing stock until Adventurer gear got buffed higher than Grarik's Armoury gear

Mind you - Mordor had easy barter options for lvl 112 that didn't take many motes to get and were better than the lvl 115 crafted gear.
    And that level 115 crafted gear did not require heavy amounts of mats or Black Adamant Shards like the ones at Skarhald required Dwarrowgleam shard quite a bit of material.
    Then Vales of Anduin demanded we upgrade our weapons and shields which took another hefty cost.
    Lol, he prooves none wrong. First off, tank problem for 3 man exists since the beginning. You can look up Forum for the time when the first 3 man hit: Thread after Thread about not enough tanks, tanks wanting to do something different then tanking for everyone, ... Tanks (and Healers) having to go anonym because they were bothered that much by ims/... And DDs not having a chance to do instance -- You name the complaint, you will find dozens of threads in this forum around every time 3 man instances were released. (And back than no locks had been implemented for forums)

And plenty of hilt drops .. even if the claim of 1 in 3 is correct (which my whole raid group will say otherwise as we only got a few in 1-2 months of running it nearly every day), that would mean 18 instance runs for a group of 6. The current drop rate is much much higher (i have only done 4 runs so far, but in those 4 i have seen 5 ear-ring drops)

Can we please remove instance locks?
    Everyone seems to not want to help do instances because they don't have any favored locks to pull.
    Thus making it near impossible to get runs going after the weekend.
    Not going to happen kid. Spend your earned LotRO points like the rest of the grown ups instead of asking for hand outs. Time to put your big boy britches on. I say do away with F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck1771 View Post
    Not going to happen kid. Spend your earned LotRO points like the rest of the grown ups instead of asking for hand outs. Time to put your big boy britches on. I say do away with F2P.
    How is this even remotely related to what the OP wrote?

Quote Originally Posted by zaboch View Post
    How is this even remotely related to what the OP wrote?
    he wants instances unlocked for free instead of completing deeds to earn lotro points to purchase the unlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck1771 View Post
    he wants instances unlocked for free instead of completing deeds to earn lotro points to purchase the unlocks
    I think your completely misunderstanding the OPs first post, Hes asking to remove instance locks, for example If run Throne of the Dread Terror raid you locked out until the weekly reset date to run it again, or if run The Fallen Kings instance a few times you get chest locks for awhile until weekly reset. this is basically what the OP means, it has nothing to do with getting it free or buying with LP.
    Last edited by Pontin_Finnberry; Jun 02 2020 at 07:21 PM. Reason: fixed errors
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    I think your completely misunderstanding the OPs first post, Hes asking to remove instance locks, for example If run Throne of the Dread Terror raid you locked out until the weekly reset date to run it again, or if run The Fallen Kings instance a few times you get chest locks for awhile until weekly reset. this is basically what the OP means, it has nothing to do with getting it free or buying with LP.

Exactly what Pontin said. You cannot reset instance chest locks with LP.
    The featured instance is the only instance you can pay to run again and again.

Exactly what Pontin said. You cannot reset instance chest locks with LP.
    The featured instance is the only instance you can pay to run again and again.
    Well regardless it isn't going to happen anytime soon. People have asked for such in the past so why would SSG say yes to his request?