We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question about the new PVP challenge server.

Hey! I am really excited about the new pvp server, it could be tons of fun. Too bad it's limited tho, would be cool to just play it as a cap 50 server with open world PVP.

My questions are:

Can you apply a constant debuff to players, reducing outgoing damage only for this server? (This is needed to eliminate 1 shots.)
    Can you disable certain skills, or tune certain skills only for this server? (some debuff skills could be way too OP)
    Can you make it so that high level players can't gank low level players? (No fun if you will be constantly ganked by level 50 players, there needs to be something that prevent this)

I think, if the above are possible the PVP on this server could be really fun..
    Last edited by LotroVidz; May 23 2020 at 03:38 PM.

Did someone move this thread from general to here?

Looks like someone moved your thread to Bullroarer
    Can you apply a constant debuff to players, reducing outgoing damage only for this server?
    This should be considered, alternatively decreased incoming damage on all player based damage to a player, this makes it so that additional debuffs doesn't absolutely make a character impotent with his attacks

Can you disable certain skills, or tune certain skills only for this server?
    This in theory can be done and should be considered when it comes to certain panic skills, ready and able should be removed due to its abuse, this happens in the moors a lot, making a burg able to turn the tides INSTANTLY and completely escape death while killing multiple enemies, this will be worse on freep vs freep.

Can you make it so that high level players can't gank low level players?
    There is a system that stops players 10 levels above you from attacking you unless you attack them, however burgs were still able to oneshot any level from stealth... I believe the devs are aware of this and will fix this.

This is solid feedback and the devs should be reading every thread about this particular bullroarer testing due to how this has never been tested before and freep classes have NEVER been adjusted with consideration to fighting other freep classes.

I'll add three more suggestions.

Do something about the graveyard camping, it might be tedious to set up truce zones around every graveyard in Eriador, but there could be another way to make it so players can't just wait around graveyards, chase people who are under invulnerability and attack them the moment they're out of it...
    Suggestion: Give players under invulnerability an undetectable stealth while under invulnerability. But make the time for this 10 seconds shorter than the invulnerability to prevent them from attacking from stealth the moment invulnerability expires. This allows players to pick a direction, run there and have a much better chance of escaping people who are camping graveyards.

The fact you cannot use skills during invulnerability is frustrating and players with pvp activated can easily pop a run speed buff or ride a horse to chase you down for when you are attackable...
    Suggestion: An additional increased movement speed buff during this invulnerability along with the temporary invisibility would be a fantastic idea

x Class is too powerful and oneshots everything
    More testing should be done. I expect several more passes before we even see live. Delay it until the middle of next month if you have to, this needs to be made with care to balance or people will drop it fast. Incoming damage might need to be reduced as per OPs suggestion, attack from stealth bonus could be nulled and critical defense increased for all characters, maybe even an audacity like system... Though it would be easier to make server wide configuration than to delve into each class to balance them specifically for this event...
    -Askelin: 130 Warden who has a bear for a wife.
    Leader of the Mitey Worriers (Laurelin)
    The last implicit purveyors of premium meats since 26/12/17

~~~Get to it maggot! Or I'll send you to the Sofa Pits!~~~