We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Obnoxious LM Skill Animations

    Just wanted to get some general feedback on something that has annoyed me for a long, long time playing LM:

    Our animations on frost lore, fire lore, wind lore, and ancient master seem obnoxiously slow and long (ESPECIALLY FROST LORE). For a class that is required to quickly snap to adds, debuff/cc or damage it takes me, playing from Japan, and average of 6-7 seconds to put up full debuffs on creatures, more if I am required to spread them with wind lore due to ancient master being on CD. I feel these animations could be made shorter, and the skills themselves made immediate so I don't feel like I am required to stand still to get debuffs up, and maybe be able to move out of puddles while debuffing.

    Anyone else agree or am I just whining?

    Thanks and hope everyone is staying safe during the pandemic.
    Last edited by Hunt3r0fth3m4rk; May 25 2020 at 09:03 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,706
    Welcome to playing an induction class. Also, another reason Lore-masters are considered an advanced class.

    Am I ok with long animations, nope. Have I learned to work with those animations, yep.

    If you want to play a LM ...
    Ujest - 130 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 105 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Welcome to playing an induction class. Also, another reason Lore-masters are considered an advanced class.

    Am I ok with long animations, nope. Have I learned to work with those animations, yep.

    If you want to play a LM ...
    An induction class? Like hunter? Like... minstrel? Like.... what are you referring to? I agree about the annoying animations rooting you in place for long periods of time for no reason other than to get the obnoxious animation off. I think it's about time SSG made these immediate. It's absolutely dated to be standing still like an idiot everytime you need to cast a spell, especially with how mobile you need to be in current instances.
    Trinki Mes, R15 Lore-Master, Formerly Meneldor
    Medic, R9 Captain, Formerly Meneldor
    discord: trinki#0016

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Forod orchall
    Posts
    1,450
    Loremaster is not for everyone. If you think LM skill animations are obnoxious, LM is not for you. And that is okay.

    These same LM skill animations were what drew me to this class when I started playing in 2012. Since then LM has been my main. Inductions, animations, standing still to cast skills, this is the flavor of the class. For those who enjoy such things. To me they look elegant and certainly not "too long".


    Pro tip for players with LM alts who are less familiar with LM (who are usually the ones complaining about how "slow" it is compared to other alts) :
    -Induction reduction traits are baked into every trait line. Use them, they exist for a reason.
    -Relics reducing attack duration do exist. Do they reduce animation times? Hardly noticeable, but they exist for a reason. Use them.
    -With enough trait points, it's possible to tap into another trait line to grab even more induction reduction traits.

    Truth is, those who complain LM is "too slow" will quickly move on to something else and won't stick around to take advantage of these boosts ^
    Some aren't aware induction reductions are already available; others will give up on LM before they've enough trait points to invest in them.
    Safe to say, it's a class for those who enjoy patience and taking time to deliberate upon game situations.
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

    -
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    848
    Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    Loremaster is not for everyone. If you think LM skill animations are obnoxious, LM is not for you. And that is okay.

    These same LM skill animations were what drew me to this class when I started playing in 2012. Since then LM has been my main. Inductions, animations, standing still to cast skills, this is the flavor of the class. For those who enjoy such things. To me they look elegant and certainly not "too long".


    Pro tip for players with LM alts who are less familiar with LM (who are usually the ones complaining about how "slow" it is compared to other alts) :
    -Induction reduction traits are baked into every trait line. Use them, they exist for a reason.
    -Relics reducing attack duration do exist. Do they reduce animation times? Hardly noticeable, but they exist for a reason. Use them.
    -With enough trait points, it's possible to tap into another trait line to grab even more induction reduction traits.

    Truth is, those who complain LM is "too slow" will quickly move on to something else and won't stick around to take advantage of these boosts ^
    Some aren't aware induction reductions are already available; others will give up on LM before they've enough trait points to invest in them.
    Safe to say, it's a class for those who enjoy patience and taking time to deliberate upon game situations.
    Can we at least agree that the frost lore animation is far too long? It's absurd.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    Loremaster is not for everyone. If you think LM skill animations are obnoxious, LM is not for you. And that is okay.

    These same LM skill animations were what drew me to this class when I started playing in 2012. Since then LM has been my main. Inductions, animations, standing still to cast skills, this is the flavor of the class. For those who enjoy such things. To me they look elegant and certainly not "too long".


    Pro tip for players with LM alts who are less familiar with LM (who are usually the ones complaining about how "slow" it is compared to other alts) :
    -Induction reduction traits are baked into every trait line. Use them, they exist for a reason.
    -Relics reducing attack duration do exist. Do they reduce animation times? Hardly noticeable, but they exist for a reason. Use them.
    -With enough trait points, it's possible to tap into another trait line to grab even more induction reduction traits.

    Truth is, those who complain LM is "too slow" will quickly move on to something else and won't stick around to take advantage of these boosts ^
    Some aren't aware induction reductions are already available; others will give up on LM before they've enough trait points to invest in them.
    Safe to say, it's a class for those who enjoy patience and taking time to deliberate upon game situations.
    I strongly suggest that you go back and play 2012 old content because surely LM is not for you at the moment.
    I want to see any raid leader that will take you with old relics, instead of the new ones, and let you "enjoy" the flavor and elegant of long rooting inductions while you getting the eyes, puddles, avoiding self cure or other mechanics effects during the raid or even in other instances at high tiers...


    For OP,
    You are totally right, LM game-play can be very annoying regarding to Inductions that are too long together with skills that can not be cast on movement and root us at place.
    Anyone that say otherwise prolly don’t raid at high tiers- there, long inductions while you root at place can cause the all group to wipe or to waste a rez on you.
    At 120 lvl we had an anvil bonus set of 10% induction reduction but now at 130 lvl we have these USELESS LM REM sets that maybe can help us only on Boss 3 with WL, if at all- that’s it.
    Hope it will be fix/update soon.
    Last edited by Melkorben; May 24 2020 at 04:41 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Empathetic101 View Post
    An induction class? Like hunter? Like... minstrel? Like.... what are you referring to? I agree about the annoying animations rooting you in place for long periods of time for no reason other than to get the obnoxious animation off. I think it's about time SSG made these immediate. It's absolutely dated to be standing still like an idiot everytime you need to cast a spell, especially with how mobile you need to be in current instances.
    A Hunter an induction class? Nope. A Minstrel an induction class? Nope. Do they have inductions? Yea small ones, and compared to a LM they are not induction classes like the Lore-master.
    Ujest - 130 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 105 Warden, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 61 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

  8. #8
    I don't mind the rooting in place for some skills, I even use them to avoid getting punted by bosses and stuff.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Despotis View Post
    I don't mind the rooting in place for some skills, I even use them to avoid getting punted by bosses and stuff.
    Try it with the red eye in poison phase at B1, yellow eye at side B3, refresh your debuff at B3, puddles at B2, debuff/stun the weavers at B4 with a torch in your hand, run to shelter at anvil B4 - and the cherry on top --> purple eye at anvil B1!!! yummy LM
    I can give many more examples but you got my point my friend
    The disadvantages is much much grater than any useful uses that you can find here, IMO ofc.

  10. #10
    Thanks for some of the feedback. I think in general, the LM skill animations are dated and do not have a place in current content. There is too much movement and quick-reactions required for modern T3+ raid, and T2C. Hopefully SSG looks at this sooner than later.

    Don't even get me started on how useless the Lynx, Eagle and Frost-Sabre pets are -.-

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt3r0fth3m4rk View Post
    Thanks for some of the feedback. I think in general, the LM skill animations are dated and do not have a place in current content. There is too much movement and quick-reactions required for modern T3+ raid, and T2C. Hopefully SSG looks at this sooner than later.

    Don't even get me started on how useless the Lynx, Eagle and Frost-Sabre pets are -.-
    And in same time you need LM to increase damage to bosses in T3+ content and help tanks to survive.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cowplain, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt3r0fth3m4rk View Post
    Thanks for some of the feedback. I think in general, the LM skill animations are dated and do not have a place in current content. There is too much movement and quick-reactions required for modern T3+ raid, and T2C. Hopefully SSG looks at this sooner than later.

    Don't even get me started on how useless the Lynx, Eagle and Frost-Sabre pets are -.-
    I'll agree on tghe Lynx and Sabre Tooth.

    Easgle procs an interrupt as part of its autoattacks. Very useful when the Thrang instnace is up.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    267
    Please don't give them ideas and end up destroying class, it is fine as it is in all aspects. Just fix the bugs.
    Tilimir ~ Crickhollow

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon21 View Post
    Please don't give them ideas and end up destroying class, it is fine as it is in all aspects. Just fix the bugs.
    I can agree with what you said only in case of leveling/questing/RP.
    The LM end game is bug/dated/unfriendly and Ill add my personal feeling- and become very boring from these factors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithithil View Post
    I'll agree on tghe Lynx and Sabre Tooth.

    Easgle procs an interrupt as part of its autoattacks. Very useful when the Thrang instnace is up.
    Strongly agree with you mate except for the Eagle:
    1. He have a bug so in some cases he wont rez you.
    2. He die very very quickly on bosses so it make him non relevant.
    3. It dated and IMO not needed in groups- its better to buff the offences with bear/bog and help heal with spirit. as I see it the Eagle is better for solo if at all.
    4. It really would be great if we could use it to rez in combat by summon him to rez one player, it could be with a CD skill, like the spirit have with Nature's Gift skill.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkorben View Post
    I can agree with what you said only in case of leveling/questing/RP.
    The LM end game is bug/dated/unfriendly and Ill add my personal feeling- and become very boring from these factors.
    It is part of the class character. Really a minimal cost to pay the lack of mobility and you can really manage either be it a PvE raid or PvP.
    Don't get me wrong I have seen such posts over the years opening up occasionally trying to remake the class hence my negative response. I still remember HD update rollercoasting over the class. The gameplay has been sincerely simplified and is a lot friendlier now, easier to introduce newcomers.

    The lack of mobility and any limitations from the inductions is a fair tradeoff for the arsenal of skills you bring in the fight. Situational awareness, understanding of mechanics and decision making support the player over time.

    I would appreciate a faster response in bugs though and I would also appreciate the developers spending some energy working on skills like pleasant breeze or inner flame.

    Cheers, hope I did not come across too rude.
    Tilimir ~ Crickhollow

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon21 View Post
    It is part of the class character. Really a minimal cost to pay the lack of mobility and you can really manage either be it a PvE raid or PvP.
    Don't get me wrong I have seen such posts over the years opening up occasionally trying to remake the class hence my negative response. I still remember HD update rollercoasting over the class. The gameplay has been sincerely simplified and is a lot friendlier now, easier to introduce newcomers.

    The lack of mobility and any limitations from the inductions is a fair tradeoff for the arsenal of skills you bring in the fight. Situational awareness, understanding of mechanics and decision making support the player over time.

    I would appreciate a faster response in bugs though and I would also appreciate the developers spending some energy working on skills like pleasant breeze or inner flame.

    Cheers, hope I did not come across too rude.
    Feel free to criticize me and express you opinion- I greatly welcome it
    Good discussion is always welcome.
    Im always in a position that not everybody must think or agree to what I think or what I say.

    I kindly think that LM is dated and the inductions, among the other issues, are not fit to the present game play at end game.
    No one ever, not according to the lore, said that Lore-master need to be root at place while they wave their staffs over their head and cant stop it whenever they wants.
    Also no one mentioned that it should take so much time to do it, comparing to other classes ofc.
    Try it mate take a simple broom, go to a safe area so no one will get by accident a "staff strike" from a RL LM and try to stop it whenever you want.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload