We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lag issue during raids

I have a very frustrating issue with some sort of lag during raids (12 person) whenever the action picks up. It's not an FPS issue, my FPS stays constantly within 60-70. It doesn't seem to be a network issue on my end as during this issue, my latency stays around 70-80ms and 0.0% loss at all times. What happens is a fight will start, everything will be going smoothly, then once things start heating up, mobs and characters on my screen will be jumping around and running in place. I'm able to move around freely, but it'll take 5+ seconds for any of my skills to activate or begin inducting. I'll hear people call out in voice chat when to move to another spot, but they'll just be staying in place on my screen and kind of quickly gliding to new spots every couple seconds. As a Lore-master, this makes it very very difficult for me to do anything to help the group.

I've searched every settings page and turned off every extra animation, social option, etc, anything at all that I could find that might help and nothing has. Any idea what might cause this issue and how I might fix it?
    Ethrimund, Led the Charge at the Shadow-Roost
    2 Long Street, Caldham, Bree-Land Homesteads
    Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by RustyCuyler24 View Post
    Any idea what might cause this issue and how I might fix it?
    Lotro causes this issue. It's server side lag and not fixable.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

I have exactly the same experience, to the point where my DPS in raids actually ends up lower than my unbuffed dummy parse because half my skills either don't fire or fire 5s late so it's impossible to maintain a good rotation.

To be honest I've just given up on any raiding beyond farming sidebosses and such, I'm hoping to get a better PC soon and then maybe raids will be at least somewhat playable. But I do see people with amazing computers who have the same problem, so I try not to get my hopes up.

If you somehow discover a miracle fix, please do share it though!

I see videos of people raiding all the time without the issue I'm talking about, there's gotta be something somewhere on my end or something, just trying to find out what it is. One would think that if my PC was the issue, my FPS would tank when it happens, but it doesn't.
    Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by RustyCuyler24 View Post
    I see videos of people raiding all the time without the issue I'm talking about, there's gotta be something somewhere on my end or something, just trying to find out what it is. One would think that if my PC was the issue, my FPS would tank when it happens, but it doesn't.
    Just ask your raid if they're experiencing lag at the same time. If they are, it's server-side lag.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by dselden View Post
    Just ask your raid if they're experiencing lag at the same time. If they are, it's server-side lag.
    They didn't seem to be. It was specifically in Remmo boss 3, during the last phase. I was in voice chat on Discord with them. Raid leader would call out when to move to the next puddle and I'd just see everyone standing in the same places for a good 4 or 5 seconds, which wasn't a real issue because I know where they are. I'd run to them and still see people just standing in place behind me, then they'd just kind of glide over really quick on my screen, all the while I see them hitting their skills as they stand in place and the boss taking hits, so it didn't seem they were having the issue. The real pain was not being able to use any of my skills to anything remotely resembling effectively because I'd hit one and it'd take 5-10 seconds for them to activate. If I can't hit all my debuffs and pet rotations, the group wipes. I'd finished T1 Remmo full clear a couple times before and saw the same issue a bit, but not nearly as badly as I did today.

All of it just leads me to believe there's something somewhere that just isn't right on my end. Again, as I said earlier though, it didn't seem to be my network, was checking it constantly, 70-ish ms latency and 0.0% loss all the time.

There's a group on Crickhollow that forms a 24-person raid on Sundays to hunt RTs in various zones, and I always see this issue to its fullest extent during those, and I always thought it was server lag which it probably is, but it's obvious that many people don't see it in 12 person raids as I've seen videos of people's raids running very smoothly, so I'm just trying to figure out what's different between me and them.
    Last edited by RustyCuyler24; May 22 2020 at 05:55 PM.
    Crickhollow

Go to the Troubleshoot tab in options.

Make sure Maximum framerate is set to 60fps or higher (max).
    Make sure Engine speed is at Very High.
    Make sure Connexion Speed is on Automatic (this is the one I'd suspect by what you're describing...)
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Go to the Troubleshoot tab in options.

Make sure Maximum framerate is set to 60fps or higher (max).
    Make sure Engine speed is at Very High.
    Make sure Connexion Speed is on Automatic (this is the one I'd suspect by what you're describing...)
    That's what those settings were on before I posted. I'd actually tried messing around with Connexion Speed after I made the original post to see if it would make any difference, and as you said, anything other than Automatic only made things worse.
    Crickhollow

Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaltenberg View Post
    Ok
    I'm not entirely sure that's an appropriate post for this thread.
    Crickhollow