We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

[LS] RIP Ithil || Nov, 8 2018 - May, 21 2020||

Just how I feel..
    Laergwend (Mini) - Gladden dweller!
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of Legacy
    RIP Ithil
    Nov, 8 2018 - May, 21 2020

I know how you feel. I'm really annoyed at this. I tentatively tried to secure a name by transferring a character with that name FROM Ithil TO Anor, given that the Anor name has been inactive for 14 months (beyond the 12 months indicated in the Character Transfer Article), I STILL didn't get the name and had a -1 appended (the old name has updated to be some weird hybrid of my character's details and the old character's details). It just all seems so...difficult.
    Last edited by Sovereign50; May 21 2020 at 07:37 PM.

It would be really good if we could get clarification from a blue name on this issue please? Was an Anor to Ithil free transfer accidentally left off the notes and the transfer mechanics, or is there truly meant to be only a one way free transfer? My kinnie did try to transfer an Anor alt to Ithil and was about to be charged, so she cancelled the transfer. If, in the future, Ithil is going to be closed/merged with Anor, and this is a prelude to that announcement, a charge to transfer TO Ithil at the moment seems somewhat inappropriate. So some clarification would be very helpful. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rosadora View Post
    It would be really good if we could get clarification from a blue name on this issue please? Was an Anor to Ithil free transfer accidentally left off the notes and the transfer mechanics, or is there truly meant to be only a one way free transfer? My kinnie did try to transfer an Anor alt to Ithil and was about to be charged, so she cancelled the transfer. If, in the future, Ithil is going to be closed/merged with Anor, and this is a prelude to that announcement, a charge to transfer TO Ithil at the moment seems somewhat inappropriate. So some clarification would be very helpful. Thanks
    It's clear the language ("from" not "between") indicates it's intended one way. The clarification I would like is what plans for Ithil? It makes no sense to charge users to migrate to Ithil if they plan to close it down, but at the same time it makes no sense to limit the flow from a higher populated server to a lower one unless Ithil is about to be closed. The Producer's Letter gives me hope that Ithil is at least safe for 2020, but nothing about all this meshes perfectly. I guess if you see Anor as the raiding LS, then encouraging transfers makes sense. That's as good as i've got.
    Last edited by Sovereign50; May 22 2020 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosadora View Post
    How I wish we had a blue name response!
    Have you noticed that, no matter the issue, we haven't had a single Dev pop in the LS threads? At least not that I can recall.
    RIP Ithil

Ithil's population is significantly lower than Anor's, as folks well know, so we are listening to those who have asked us to be able to bring their characters to the more populated world. There is not an announcement to be made at this time about plans for Ithil. We'll see what the community wants to do about Ithil, given an option to transfer to Anor, and use that information to help inform future decision-making.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Thank you very much for the reply Cordovan. I have kinnies who would very much like to transfer their alts from Anor to Ithil. Maybe you can allow that for free for a while and then see what happens when the dust settles?

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Ithil's population is significantly lower than Anor's, as folks well know, so we are listening to those who have asked us to be able to bring their characters to the more populated world. There is not an announcement to be made at this time about plans for Ithil. We'll see what the community wants to do about Ithil, given an option to transfer to Anor, and use that information to help inform future decision-making.
    Thanks for the reply!
    RIP Ithil

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Ithil's population is significantly lower than Anor's, as folks well know, so we are listening to those who have asked us to be able to bring their characters to the more populated world.

There are also lots of players on other servers that wish to transfer to a more populated server/pvmp-server. What makes Ithil so special?
    Lvl 130 Burglar - Thridos and Iksu || Lvl 130 Guardian - Ranmaa || Lvl 130 Warden - Fyron || Lvl 130 Beorn - Nkoko || Lvl 130 Minstrel - Estebaan
    Original Challenger of the Abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmazu View Post
    There are also lots of players on other servers that wish to transfer to a more populated server/pvmp-server. What makes Ithil so special?
    I guess you could say the other servers had their free chance before the mergers

Edit: also, I may add, yesterday I logged to pick up the gifts & there were 89 ppl online (non-anon)... so...
    RIP Ithil

Please don't close Ithil!

You have no idea how nice it is to be able to log into a world with no world chat drama queens.
    People are just helpful and nice!

I certainly hope we survive. The people I know won't move, but there are kins having polls to decide if their members want to leave.
    Let's hope it's just a minority and the server continues.
    RIP Ithil

Tuilerie is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Student of Ainulindalë
    Lacking an official statement on Ithil's upcoming close down, each and everyone of us who has anything on Ithil must draw our own conclusions as to what this means... Ithil was openend as an overflow server in response to the attention Anor got at launch... I drew my own conclusions, and the minute the transfer opened up, everything I had on Ithil moved to Anor.
    Ealendil of Doriath, composer and member of Lindamar, Vanimar, Laurelin

From this weeks Cord of the Rings

“Additionally we are doing another freebie, if you want to go from Ithil to Anor, that caused some raised eyebrows as well over the past 24 hours, so let me talk a little bit about what the plan is there, we have not announced a plan to close Ithil. Ithil is going to be up for the foreseeable future that we’re aware of, we’ve also had really ever since Ithil was debuted, a long standing request from people on there to be able to transfer their characters to Anor for free, the way this worked was when the Legendary worlds first debuted, there was a huge land rush, and that prompted us to despite, really, some reservations that we had to open up a second game world, to deal with that initial game rush, however, over time, populations have stabilised, and we frankly don’t have a need for two legendary game worlds at this time, anyone who has been playing on Ithil will know it’s a tiny fraction of the population of Anor, I mean, I cant give numbers, but it’s a very tiny population on Ithil, and there’s a bunch of players that have long wanted to transfer to Anor without having to pay for it, so we’re going to accommodate that, what does that mean for the future of Ithil, harshly that will be determined by you, if we see quote “basically everyone”, transfer to Anor for free, that will help inform our decision making, if we see people decide not to do that, and the population of Ithil remains stable, then, that will inform us about future decision making as well, but we wanted to offer that as an option to see how it would work, to see if that would consolidate the populations and if so, that would help inform us about what to do for Ithil, so that’s the state of Ithil”.

143 non anon ppl on atm on Ithil. That looks good to me also i just payed full price to move to Ithil because i like smaller more quite servers also i got the house and character names i wanted. If you close down Ithil im done with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakfoot101 View Post
    143 non anon ppl on atm on Ithil. That looks good to me also i just payed full price to move to Ithil because i like smaller more quite servers also i got the house and character names i wanted. If you close down Ithil im done with this game.
    I'm really glad you did and I share your feelings, Ithil is a dear community for me. But I think it's absolutely unfair that you had to pay to move. The just thing to do would've been to allow both ways to be free until population rebalances, like it was during the mergers.

Anyways, welcome to Ithil!
    RIP Ithil

With that Cord of the Rings post, it seems to me that they want to pass the buck to the community on Ithil's closure (avoid blame), but they're also giving the community a gentle nudge through one-way free transfers. I mean, of course more players are going to move from Ithil to Anor than Anor to Ithil when it's free one way! I even did that, just to try to secure names of inactive characters on Anor (it didn't end well =/), but my played characters are still firmly attached to Ithil. I just get the feeling they want any reason to close Ithil down.

So, if the community decides that Ithil is superfluous are you going to refund those players who paid to move from Anor to Ithil?

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign50 View Post
    With that Cord of the Rings post, it seems to me that they want to pass the buck to the community on Ithil's closure (avoid blame), but they're also giving the community a gentle nudge through one-way free transfers. I mean, of course more players are going to move from Ithil to Anor than Anor to Ithil when it's free one way! I even did that, just to try to secure names of inactive characters on Anor (it didn't end well =/), but my played characters are still firmly attached to Ithil. I just get the feeling they want any reason to close Ithil down.

So, if the community decides that Ithil is superfluous are you going to refund those players who paid to move from Anor to Ithil?

Sounds about right. They want to close it down so they can use the same server for the "new" legend server or that pvp server they been talking about they dont give 2 flying $%$%@ about the players only about making money before amazon comes and bankrupts them. They can refund me double the points and i dont care anymore if they shut it down im gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakfoot101 View Post
    Sounds about right. They want to close it down so they can use the same server for the "new" legend server or that pvp server they been talking about they dont give 2 flying $%$%@ about the players only about making money before amazon comes and bankrupts them. They can refund me double the points and i dont care anymore if they shut it down im gone for good.
    I honestly don't know what i'll do, Ithil is my home and although i've made some backup plans for moving to Anor (most of my character names are there, kinship home and houses in the same neighbourhood, kinship names, etc), i'm not sure my heart is in it. I'm not only annoyed about the transfer thing, but i'm also annoyed that I followed their policy on incoming transfers (the Anor character was OVER 12 months inactive from my friends list) and I still lost the name on transferring.

[QUOTE=Laurelinarien;8010156]I'm really glad you did and I share your feelings, Ithil is a dear community for me. But I think it's absolutely unfair that you had to pay to move. The just thing to do would've been to allow both ways to be free until population rebalances, like it was during the mergers.

Anyways, welcome to Ithil![/QUOTE

Yes, a big welcome to Ithil It is a great server, and dear to me also. I am sad that it seems to be considered somehow "less" than Anor because of numbers.

I reiterate my suggestion that free transfers from Anor to Ithil be allowed, so we can get a true picture of what the community wants (and that anyone who has had to pay for the privilege in the meantime, like Sneakfoot101, is refunded) For me, the telling part of the information we've been given is this snippet from Cord's livestream " however, over time, populations have stabilised, and we frankly don’t have a need for two legendary game worlds at this time"

Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    Please don't close Ithil!

You have no idea how nice it is to be able to log into a world with no world chat drama queens.
    People are just helpful and nice!
    Theres no chat on Anor at all. Its just as quiet as Ithil lol

Mirage | Anor
    Arkenstone

whats the point of this thread

ithil died a year ago both legendaries were at peak during soa and mom content , they should just close them for good it was totl failiure and you need to pay even

there were 49 players when i log in morning

only carebears left

itsgoing to happen anyway with new servers coming and in end

be happ yifthey allow your character transger from legend to regular

Quote Originally Posted by Hankenstein View Post
    whats the point of this thread

ithil died a year ago both legendaries were at peak during soa and mom content , they should just close them for good it was totl failiure and you need to pay even

there were 49 players when i log in morning

only carebears left

itsgoing to happen anyway with new servers coming and in end

be happ yifthey allow your character transger from legend to regular

The point of the thread is to give you something to read amusement for you cheers.

My home server is Brandywine however, I rarely ever log onto Brandy these days and much prefer being on Ithil. I am an Officer of our Ithil branch of our Brandywine Kin and don't really want to see us having to move to Anor. I actually like the relative quiet we have here.
    Arthad Eketta on Brandywine
    Brianiel Eketta on Ithil
    Shin Ki-jun on Turbine's Asheron's Call Morningthaw Server
    Member of The Fellowship of the Rogues on the Brandywine Server

Quote Originally Posted by ArahadEketta View Post
    My home server is Brandywine however, I rarely ever log onto Brandy these days and much prefer being on Ithil. I am an Officer of our Ithil branch of our Brandywine Kin and don't really want to see us having to move to Anor. I actually like the relative quiet we have here.
    I'm not sure what craziness you guys think goes on on Anor. We top out at about 200 non-anon and world chat is typically completely silent, as most stuff goes on within kins. There have definitely been a few loud bad eggs in the past, but they're mostly inactive lately.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast