We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Were you given any indication or fair warning that you would lose them (as in, they would remain on the server you were leaving)? Also, were you already capped on motes on the server you were transferring into? What about embers, figments and other capped currencies?
    I was given no message at all concerning anything. I have exactly the same amount of "Shared" currencies (Embers, Motes and Figments) on both servers I had before I transferred. No I wasn't capped on any of those currencies.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Quote Originally Posted by Rugongrod View Post
    I was given no message at all concerning anything. I have exactly the same amount of "Shared" currencies (Embers, Motes and Figments) on both servers I had before I transferred. No I wasn't capped on any of those currencies.
    Thanks for the info.

So, we know that motes, embers and figments do not travel, even if a player is not capped on the server they are moving to, and that they get no warning about it, and hence, those currencies are lost (left behind). I wonder if the currencies fail to move should an over cap result (example 6000 on server A, being moved out and onto server B which already has 5000, resulting in 11000). But where the numbers fit (example 5000, on server A and 4000 on server B) the result will be a successful transfer.

That's one way to deal with over capping I suppose, but, they really need to let paying customers know what will happen - before it happens IMO.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Thanks for the info.

So, we know that motes, embers and figments do not travel, even if a player is not capped on the server they are moving to, and that they get no warning about it, and hence, those currencies are lost (left behind). I wonder if the currencies fail to move should an over cap result (example 6000 on server A, being moved out and onto server B which already has 5000, resulting in 11000). But where the numbers fit (example 5000, on server A and 4000 on server B) the result will be a successful transfer.

That's one way to deal with over capping I suppose, but, they really need to let paying customers know what will happen - before it happens IMO.
    The Article mentions:
    "Account Shared Currency (Mithril Coins and Skirmish Marks)"

Is the omission of the restricted currencies intended? How about the flowers and sigils etc.
    You'd think that whoever was writing the article would have tested it out a few times before putting their name to it. It's not like it's hard to find a lootbox and get some mote/ember/figment currency.

Why not just give us free transfers for Shared vault storage, I loved being able to craft/supply for my low level alts on other servers. Could not care less for embers, splenders, and motes. Heck lets do away with them all anyways, way to much currencies in game already.

I have a question here :

--- Is it the same guy who decides to extend free quest packs & instances etc. and putting a LP cost to Shared Storage transfer I really wonder about that???

Because those two are extremely contradictory,

Based on the comments at various topics and result of a poll about grace period, at least %75-80 of players are supporting that there should be a grace period or some kind of compensation for shared storage transfers because it became locked behind LP without any warnings and took so much time to bring back so on.

Since they really work on improving the satisfaction of players with free stuff extended etc. why just don't do it for transfers too? Should not be too hard...

I demand recall about this topic before it is too late, take some actions, this community deserves this please..

It is not fair to punish all of us because a small group exploited,

It is useless to meet revenge with revenge: it will heal nothing.

— Frodo Baggins

To whom still have a hope about this topics, here goes to you my fellow friends ! :

Who knows? Have patience. Go where you must go, and hope!

— Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir1903 View Post

--- Is it the same guy who decides to extend free quest packs & instances etc. and putting a LP cost to Shared Storage transfer I really wonder about that???

Because those two are extremely contradictory,
    The contradiction is based on the assumption that the reason for the price tag is a pure cash grab. This is not necessarily the case, but it is a quite common assumption in this thread. Why? Because every other reason would mean it is not that easy to revert the change. I fully understand this assumption, but it doesn't mean that it is true. There are more explanations and we have insufficient information to decide which one is true.

Was the exploit having a character on every server and simply opening hobbit gifts?
    Was it taking a hard to get raid item in the early days of the raid and selling it at a higher price on a slower server?

Or was it a way to wash hacked account items, hack, take and move to another server and make it not traceable? (I figure if this is it, you wouldn't tell us, and I totally get it)

I too think we should have at least gotten a heads up... even if it was a 1 time transfer.
    I am now weighing if it is worth trashing the characters (sell off everything) and transfer it to the server I now play on....

MAWorking had the highest post count on the pre-beta LOTRO forums. He was truly an icon and clearly, hasn't changed a bit. -Meghan/aka Patience

Quote Originally Posted by MAWorking View Post
    Was the exploit having a character on every server and simply opening hobbit gifts?
    Was it taking a hard to get raid item in the early days of the raid and selling it at a higher price on a slower server?

Or was it a way to wash hacked account items, hack, take and move to another server and make it not traceable? (I figure if this is it, you wouldn't tell us, and I totally get it)

I too think we should have at least gotten a heads up... even if it was a 1 time transfer.
    I am now weighing if it is worth trashing the characters (sell off everything) and transfer it to the server I now play on....
    It wasn't even an exploit technically. People were sending their storage which included shared storage, wardrobe, and shared currencies to go over the cap. While it sounds exploity, I remember Druidsfire on +Cord of the Rings mention it back at 115 cap, and he never said a word about that being an exploit, even after I brought it up in chat that it sounded exploity (purely to stir the pot in chat tbh). Unfortunately I don't remember the exact time frame of this livestream, but I figure if theres someone that really wants to go back and find it I bet they could.

Mirage | Anor
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    It wasn't even an exploit technically. People were sending their storage which included shared storage, wardrobe, and shared currencies to go over the cap. While it sounds exploity, I remember Druidsfire on +Cord of the Rings mention it back at 115 cap, and he never said a word about that being an exploit, even after I brought it up in chat that it sounded exploity (purely to stir the pot in chat tbh). Unfortunately I don't remember the exact time frame of this livestream, but I figure if theres someone that really wants to go back and find it I bet they could.
    I've seen official streamers exploit while ignorantly calling out raiders for exploiting the #### out of a badly implemented raid. I remember Chromite trying to correct that call but got ignored. Doesn't fit their agenda to be corrected.

Come on, novice Host and lifer Co-Host knew animation cutting was an exploit. There was a dev diary to prove it was not.

When SSG choose to deny us their intent through accurate and thorough dev diaries can we be forgiven though? We can even tell them of what seems unintended only for our feedback to be dismissed, then months later when they finally figure it out we get punished by store only keys and a twisted narrative pushed out via their official streamer groupies.

We always seem to pay for their mistakes. Must be easier to blame the players than take responsibility with a part-time boss. Where does telling people how great your are doing get you? Ah scratch that last point.

I've just realized transfers are open and now monetized. This is quite interesting, as this service was described as (https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...ld-transfers):

The Shared Items Transfer will always be a free service and will be available even if you have moved all characters off of a world, just in case you moved a character and left some account level items behind.
    I spend time on all servers, after I moved capped characters around in the big diaspora during server consolidations. But, I played on Brandywine for the vast majority of time. I'd use transfers to support my characters on other servers, and if I got something nice in hobbit presents, I sent it over to the mains.

Now? I'm angry. I waited patiently for months, and now this? I've cancelled my VIP over this. I've been a VIP customer since October 2010.

SSG, please rethink your fairness and monetization strategy on this. I know you can come up with some better solution, which doesn't look like "completely free" and also doesn't look like "completely paywalled".

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6