We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 135
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We recognize that people utilized free item transfers for all sorts of reasons, both legitimate and less so. That said, it was not a viable option to move forward with a system of free item transfers outside of the free transfers done as part of the character transfer process.
    I also support that there should be a time needed to given us to settle things out for our toons,

    However even free transfer for short time will not solve our problems like, most of us now need to choose which server to play, and there will be many abondoned toons at servers because of shared storage update. At least give us a chance to play at one server we choose, peacefully...

    I do not think that any gamer can grind all the gears, etc. at each server seperately, thats why we need to leave some of our toons..

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    220
    I see the transfer mechanic still has just one checkbox to cover Currency, Shared Storage and the Wardrobe.

    SSG must be going with the original intent of an "all or nothing" transfer mechanism. Just a tax, not a paid service as such.

    As an EU player still hopeful that one day we'd get our severs back I never bothered with playing on US or other language servers so I never had to use the system. It's funny looking at a few streams how the abusers of it are feigning innocence and making up their notion of a far worse abuse as the culprit here.

    SSG have said that there were database issues increasing the amount of shared storage. I struggle to understand this assertion when players have admitted over capping it to 1000+ slots after a transfer and showing off their huge wardrobe capacity. Is this abuse a concern for database stability or was the "limit" just fake news to sell carry-alls? Server performance less of a concern to thoughts of being played for fools I suppose. But it's todays thing to divorce yourself from all responsibility and trump up a scape goat.

    For those who've gotten used to the transfers as a way to play on multiple servers and haven't spent the interim building up some self reliance on each server then it's a bitter pill. Others will have seen the writing on the wall and have spent the last few months a little wiser and prepped. Will enough just pay up to continue or feel obliged to consolidate on one main server or take the even more expensive route to move en masse to a new home server?

    It would be nice to know what SSG have been doing the last 8 months and why it's the players paying for it via this tax.

  3. #78

    Remove the currency caps

    Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    If you ask me, slapping a 10,000-cap on these currencies was just BEGGING for this mess to happen.
    Doing dailies on a different account and transfering the ember over to your main server is no different than doing dailies on numerous alts on your main server.

    SSG is just whining and complaining and punishing people overall for what they did four years ago when they started capping ashes of enchantment (now motes).
    If this game is shaped by majority wants and opinions, then a poll should be put forward to the player base and see what they want.

    1. Do people want a 10,000 cap on their currencies?
    I bet 99% of players don't want this.
    If someone is about to earn more than 10,000 embers, why should they be forced to spend them before they are ready?
    I vote that the currency caps be removed, especially on embers.
    This will then remove any notion of "exploiting" the transfer system, which was harmless.
    If someone earned more embers on another server, then they have done the work and should get to keep the rewards and spend them on whichever server they like.

    2. Do people want free transfers of shared items between servers?
    I bet 95% of players want this.
    It was one of the best features of the game for many years.

    If SSG wants to please their customers, they should give them what they want.
    If they don't, they will vote with their feet and spend their time and money on other games.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sarasota, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,864
    I have never nor do I plan on ever using a shared storage transfer, but I fully support the idea of a grace period of some form in order to let players get items where they want them. Since the feature was abruptly turned off before the new rules were announced players were not able to get their items to their final destinations. Why punish those players who were using the system as provided by SSG? Don't hurt them because of some players finding a way to exploit the system.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir


  5. #80
    I think the intent of free shared transfer separate from character transfer was to help people to settle down after the hassle of Great Server Closure in 2015 (though I may be wrong). It may never supposed to stay indefinitely aside from closed servers but kind of did. So in a sense everyone who used it for any regular goods/currency transfer between live servers was exploiting the system. Of course it leaves a lot of other questions, mainly why it was not clearly stated anywhere if it was the case. It did create a lot of situations where alts became scattered between various servers exactly because it was easy to support them, and sudden change in the rules hurts a lot.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakenellan View Post
    I think the intent of free shared transfer separate from character transfer was to help people to settle down after the hassle of Great Server Closure in 2015 (though I may be wrong). It may never supposed to stay indefinitely aside from closed servers but kind of did. So in a sense everyone who used it for any regular goods/currency transfer between live servers was exploiting the system. Of course it leaves a lot of other questions, mainly why it was not clearly stated anywhere if it was the case. It did create a lot of situations where alts became scattered between various servers exactly because it was easy to support them, and sudden change in the rules hurts a lot.
    Transferring items from one server to another was never exploiting. It was a game mechanic, a provision supplied for players, probably to encourage more players to play alts on other servers. I never played on any server other than my home server (that takes up enough time), and then briefly on a legendary world. Moving items from one server to another to get around caps or storage restrictions however, is a different matter. Obvious is obvious, and those systems are in place as revenue generators, so I understand why SSG would want to prevent anyone circumventing them. Even if I dislike some of those systems (capping currencies).

    If it were the case that this system was never meant to allow the transfer of items across servers, it very likely wouldn't have lasted so long, and even if it had, it wouldn't be hanging around now, after all this has come to light. It would be gone.

    If it's an exploit, then it's an exploit and paying to do it, won't negate that. It will still be an exploit - that players pay for.

    I don't buy any of this. If people were using it to exploit, then that part of it needed fixing - and ONLY that part. It was doable - easily, but SSG chose to monetise it and hit all the innocents who were doing nothing wrong. If anyone is waiting for the blue name response in here that there will be a free grace period, my advice is to not hold their breath. They know there are lots of people that have items stuck on the wrong servers, and I doubt they will throw away the potential revenue that may bring from paid transfers. Sure, some players will just abandon servers and alts, but not all of them will. It is my hope that a massive majority will just abandon alts and other worlds, thereby decreasing their overall spend on the game because they won't be playing as much. Then the revenue lost through that can come back and show it's teeth.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.


  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    If it's an exploit, then it's an exploit and paying to do it, won't negate that. It will still be an exploit - that players pay for.
    Having rulse that limit exploits (instead of stopping them) are not that uncommon in life. There is some correlation between having cars with high HP and violating speed limits. Some use these cars responsibly, others don't. The police has *never* been able to stop them, neither by police presence nor by high fines. The only alternative would be to stop them completely. Which punishes those that use these cars in a responsible way. Or put taxes on them. Which limits the issue, allows to use these cars, but still punishes those that use them in a responsible way.
    There are comparable examples with things that are actually allowed, but are limited in their frequency and appearance by taxes.

    Cordovan's statement can therefore also be interpreted in a way that they caught a few, but were not able to stop the problem. What we can say about the problem:
    • We do not know if the current price is *really* used to limit the amount of transfers (and the problems) or if this is just a cash grab.
    • We know that putting a price tag like this on the transfer means that the number of users will be small and tracking them and their behavior will be easier. Bug users won't identify themselves by being the only ones that buy a store transfer.
    • We know a few statements about what happened. We do not know all of it, as SSG does not really discuss exploits in public. This means we do not know the real problem and the amount of work that would be needed to fix it. What if there is an exploit that allows to duplicate items? An exploit that duplicates MC? What if it is so deep within the engine that fixing it will take ages? It should be fixed anyway, but how long should people wait for transfers? How long should people on closed servers wait (they are still waiting today...)
    • We know that users will try to do everything to exploit a feature like this for their purposes. We also know that this is not forbidden in all cases. This does not necessarily mean that doing it cross-server should increase their advantage.
    • We know that there are many users that will use it in a resposible way and built their game strategy across multiple servers in that way. Those are the ones that suffer.


    Overall I am not really sure if the price tag is the best and only solution and if exploits are the true reason. SSG should definitely try to improve the current option, e.g. by having separate MC/wallet/storage transfers or similar.

    A grace period will not solve the problem, because there would always be a few people that come late. I would suggest transfer tokens for all accounts that existed before the closure. Probably include char transfer too, some might want to transfer their chars due to this change.

  8. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmagor View Post
    You know, you still can get gold gear even after Turbine. Also they provide us not only shortcuts. They allow us disenchant items what we don't need for free. They allow us use items what you don't need to other character. In the past, you need gear both ranger and burglar, now you can just give account bound gear from ranger to burglar and still be able to do your job in instances. You can gear both LM and Mini in same time, or RK and Mini. People just don't want to see that as positive thing, they only want to see negative things. If they see what someone have 9999 Embers, first thing what they think "he must be donate to get them, but I can better when him, I don't donate!". They don't understand what some players spend more time in the game to be able to gear more characters.
    I'm sorry but you talk like you're from a different game. Who has time to play alts anymore with the current LI grind plus them requiring you to do every single quest in an update on every single alt to unlock dailies and endgame? You still have to grind separately for tank and dps. You still need separate gear for light, medium and heavy. Yes, maybe a hunter and a burg can share the same gear, but that the exception rather than the rule. The point is it's all time-gated if you don't pay. You are forced the repeat the same dull content probably multiple times every single day for months. This is not fun, it's work and I can't imagine the kind of person who does it for several alts.

    Also, the paradigm shift in gearing had other unfortnately side effects that we haven't touched on. Crafting was discontinued because it would have undermined the new system. At the time we were told they didn't have resources to cover the development of crafting. This was a distraction to cover for the fact that traditional crafted gear, the kind we had up until HD, did not fit into the current gearing model. This eliminated a lot of players who liked crafting their own gear. It's simply impossible to stand behind the current essence craftng, token crafting, essence component crafting system. It is annoying lore-wise and yu don't craft tangible things, you're just crafting some abstract #### that like something out of a highly magical, high fantasy world that's nothing like the Lotr.
    “ädvëntürës ärë nöt äll pönÿ-rïdës ïn mäÿ-sünshïnë.”

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,284
    Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    Having rulse that limit exploits (instead of stopping them) are not that uncommon in life. There is some correlation between having cars with high HP and violating speed limits. Some use these cars responsibly, others don't. The police has *never* been able to stop them, neither by police presence nor by high fines. The only alternative would be to stop them completely. Which punishes those that use these cars in a responsible way. Or put taxes on them. Which limits the issue, allows to use these cars, but still punishes those that use them in a responsible way.
    There are comparable examples with things that are actually allowed, but are limited in their frequency and appearance by taxes.
    The people that can afford a high HP car, can afford the tax, and the ticket fines that they get when caught. What they can't afford, is the points on their license or the eventual driving ban when those points pile up. Here in the uk, speeding is dealt with on a points system and points are allocated depending on the offence (kinda like SSG's Infraction system for breaking forum rules). The worse the offence, the more points go against you, with the ultimate offence, driving at 100 mph carrying an instant loss of license. You can't catch offenders by slapping a charge on them for breaking laws - they don't care about it, and in some cases, the fact that they pay money give them more rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post

    Cordovan's statement can therefore also be interpreted in a way that they caught a few, but were not able to stop the problem. What we can say about the problem:
    • We do not know if the current price is *really* used to limit the amount of transfers (and the problems) or if this is just a cash grab.
    • We know that putting a price tag like this on the transfer means that the number of users will be small and tracking them and their behavior will be easier. Bug users won't identify themselves by being the only ones that buy a store transfer.
    • We know a few statements about what happened. We do not know all of it, as SSG does not really discuss exploits in public. This means we do not know the real problem and the amount of work that would be needed to fix it. What if there is an exploit that allows to duplicate items? An exploit that duplicates MC? What if it is so deep within the engine that fixing it will take ages? It should be fixed anyway, but how long should people wait for transfers? How long should people on closed servers wait (they are still waiting today...)
    • We know that users will try to do everything to exploit a feature like this for their purposes. We also know that this is not forbidden in all cases. This does not necessarily mean that doing it cross-server should increase their advantage.
    • We know that there are many users that will use it in a resposible way and built their game strategy across multiple servers in that way. Those are the ones that suffer.


    • We know enough, even if we do not know it all. The current price is low enough for most people to release their goods from being stuck - that's all we need to know.
    • We don't know that the amount of players using the feature will now be small. Just like many assume that many players don't buy keys to open lootboxes, its just guessing, and given how long they have remained in the game, it's probably incorrect guessing.
    • The few statements are enough to know that exploits were involved. The speed at which the server transfers were taken down and the complete lack of warning - speaks volume here. Yes, anything that is really bad should be fixed - properly - not have a charge added to it.
    • So punish users that do it.
    • And punishing the innocent will result in loss of players. I already know a player that left the game - in anticipation of this. They didn't even wait for it to hit. They are long gone.


    Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post

    Overall I am not really sure if the price tag is the best and only solution and if exploits are the true reason. SSG should definitely try to improve the current option, e.g. by having separate MC/wallet/storage transfers or similar.

    A grace period will not solve the problem, because there would always be a few people that come late. I would suggest transfer tokens for all accounts that existed before the closure. Probably include char transfer too, some might want to transfer their chars due to this change.
    It's not that complicated. If they transfer a wallet, exclude shared capped currencies or make caps apply across the servers. Likewise for shared storage/wardrobe. Add a warning to it "Shared capped currencies and storage/wardrobe slots will not overcap during this transfer, and any overcap already in place will be returned to its proper restriction. If an overcap results from this transfer, you will lose any excess currency or slots including the items stored within them." If people using the system were taking advantage to get more capped currency than permitted, more wardrobe space, or more shared storage space, then a transfer made now should strip them of all spoils and take their currencies/slots back to where they should be. Job done. If the process is free, and works properly, the user will have no come back, claiming that they paid money and lost stuff (not that losing stuff that they shouldn't have is any form of comeback to begin with - but some will try it if they part with real cash). Also, a warning screen will mean that they went in with their eyes open.

    A grace period or tokens IMO would console some, but really, they just need to plug the holes in this and roll it out as a working system and then drop the charge.
    Last edited by Arnenna; May 23 2020 at 08:32 AM.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.


  10. #85
    In other words: its okay to use exploits, if you pay money to SSG each time.

    Hobbit gifts and stuff like that never needed to be per server. If those were accountwide per time, this part of exploiting free transfers would never have started.
    Currency caps could be handled in other ways. For example, having accountwide caps instead of serverspecific caps. (Actually, I'd prefer those motes and stuff to be character-specific, and only bought items tradeable (and I'd buy items with fixed ilvls instead of boxes where the content ilvl depends on the date of opening plus RNG), but yea, many ways to deal with it)
    Last edited by Oelle; May 23 2020 at 10:15 AM.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Gründer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  11. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We recognize that people utilized free item transfers for all sorts of reasons, both legitimate and less so. That said, it was not a viable option to move forward with a system of free item transfers outside of the free transfers done as part of the character transfer process.
    Ok this is SSG's choice.

    But:
    Making a free item transfer system between servers was YOUR choice.
    Stoping this free item transfer without any warning was YOUR choice.
    Leaving players with toons and stuff spread accross several servers (because YOU made this possible) is OUR and YOUR responsibility.

    YOUR part of responsibility is there, you can choose to change that system because it's your right, but you can't let the player PAY for something they didn't choose.
    As a lot of people said before, the players deserve a "grace period" or a "free token" for one free item exchange on each server.
    I'm talking about the Shared Storage, not the character transfer.

    ---

    It was possible to play on several servers, possible to exchange stuff FOR FREE between them, without exploiting the game, just playing the game with all its possibilities.
    You want to stop this, ok, it's YOUR choice.

    Give us 1 free token per server for Shared storage transfer, so we can CHOOSE on wich server we want our stuff.
    After that it's our choice if we want to pay for that service or not for a further use.

    ---

    I'm really sad because I have a main server with my main high level toons, my crafters, my ressources. I have other toons on other servers with a lot less ressources so I was using the free item transfer to give them some stuff and money, I was also buying or selling stuff on AH from other servers because some items were not at all available on my main server. I was just enjoying the possibilities of the free item transfer.
    Now I'm stuck with some items and money that I need on servers were I don't need them.
    There is no way I'm going to pay 500 LP on 4 servers to bring back my stuff.

    PS:sorry for my bad english.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    In other words: its okay to use exploits, if you pay money to SSG each time.

    Hobbit gifts and stuff like that never needed to be per server. If those were accountwide per time, this part of exploiting free transfers would never have started.
    Currency caps could be handled in other ways. For example, having accountwide caps instead of serverspecific caps. (Actually, I'd prefer those motes and stuff to be character-specific, and only bought items tradeable (and I'd buy items with fixed ilvls instead of boxes where the content ilvl depends on the date of opening plus RNG), but yea, many ways to deal with it)
    I've been collecting the more valuable VXP pills since the hobbit gift update on the other four servers in the group. The motivation was the wholesale removal of non-store related virtue earning potential either by intent or ineptness along with the stat curves that has max rank so crucial. The 495LP price tag will delay the final delivery to a time it's worth moving, given the cost of virtue acceleration in the store it's one of the easier calculations to make. Perhaps not in time for the upcoming 20% VXP boost (this only promotes the practice, good grief how inept!), maybe the next time though. The other gift items are just so much junk and a waste of storage slots to me.

    Is it worth 5 minutes a day or 5 minutes a week to you guys? I remember some great player derived stats on the gifts from the beta... should be an easy answer if you have no activity on other servers in the group.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    220
    I hope players are taking on board the fact that even if there was a grace period to the cost that you will be removing resources totally from that server and will impact your ability to function there. You are righting off all progression there unless you intend to pay the tax to continue multi server play. SSG hasn't done one iota to altered the functionality.

    It's like they have no clue to the impact, again.

  14. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    In other words: its okay to use exploits, if you pay money to SSG each time.

    "All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." -Galileo Galilei

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,479
    I have a few housing decorations from the Bounder's Bounty event that I wanted to transfer to my main server. You can't get these anymore, they were from a one-time-only event. Now they're stuck on a server I don't play on anymore. That's why I've been waiting for the shared storage transfer to come back. Not exploiting anything.

    I still think a grace period should be given before charging for this.
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4
    I agree with a lot of what has been said and think there should have been some warning or a grace period or a couple tokens or something.

    However, I created some toons on Brandywine to play with friends who moved from Crickhollow. I've Been on Crick since Dwarrodelf closed down and have a Master Crafter in all crafts on Crickhollow. I was supplying my guys on Brandywine with some items and sending some mats back to Crick to keep them going. Then XXX, it stoppped.

    Since the imposition of the 495 fee. I have tried to transfer one bunch of stuff back to Crickhollow 5 Times and gotten an error message each time. I have plenty of LP to cover their 495. The Shared Storage on Crickhollow is Empty. The Shared Wardrobe on Brabywine is Empty. The Char on Brandywine has about 100gold, and very few embers/motes etc, not much of anything in the wallet.

    They took months to create this whole whole affair. And even tho I was willing to pay the toll, it will not work.

    Their error message says:
    "#L820490
    We encountered an error during your transfer.

    If you have any questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us via Help.StandingStoneGames.com."


    Which, of course, doesn't not work. Their "Help" page says transfers are still broken and they are right.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    The people that can afford a high HP car, can afford the tax, and the ticket fines that they get when caught. What they can't afford, is the points on their license or the eventual driving ban when those points pile up. Here in the uk, speeding is dealt with on a points system and points are allocated depending on the offence (kinda like SSG's Infraction system for breaking forum rules). The worse the offence, the more points go against you, with the ultimate offence, driving at 100 mph carrying an instant loss of license. You can't catch offenders by slapping a charge on them for breaking laws - they don't care about it, and in some cases, the fact that they pay money give them more rights
    Yes. Projecting this on the game it means that SSG punishes people that violate the rules. Still we all know that they are (and never were) able to catch all of them. What is happening now is that we have a tax that limits the number of persons and anyone that takes a high HP car out of the garage gets a personal red blinking light with GPS position at the police HQ.
    Life is not always about yes/no rules. Sometimes the "no" is supported by steering effects. In some cases steering effects also put an upper limit on something that is not even forbidden, they just ensure it is not done too much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    A grace period or tokens IMO would console some, but really, they just need to plug the holes in this and roll it out as a working system and then drop the charge.
    An alternative explanation could be that the hole cannot be fixed, so instead of fixing the problem, they just limited it in numbers and made users identifiable that way. Gold sellers will e.g. not generate 100 accounts with 495 LP each to transfer inconspicious amounts of gold.

    Actually I am not for black nor white here. I am just trying to point out that there might be grey scales that are not that visible.
    IMO noone should have items stuck on a server they do not want to - and the only remaining option is a paid transfer. On the other hand this does not necessarily mean that free storage transfers should go on forever. There *are* consequences on the AH market even if people only do what they are allowed to do. These have impact on players too. Will people leave *because* of that? Who knows. The same is valid for transfers. Noone will leave because of this. But it might be the last straw.
    Last edited by thinx; May 23 2020 at 05:14 PM.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Blumeene View Post
    I agree with a lot of what has been said and think there should have been some warning or a grace period or a couple tokens or something.

    However, I created some toons on Brandywine to play with friends who moved from Crickhollow. I've Been on Crick since Dwarrodelf closed down and have a Master Crafter in all crafts on Crickhollow. I was supplying my guys on Brandywine with some items and sending some mats back to Crick to keep them going. Then XXX, it stoppped.

    Since the imposition of the 495 fee. I have tried to transfer one bunch of stuff back to Crickhollow 5 Times and gotten an error message each time. I have plenty of LP to cover their 495. The Shared Storage on Crickhollow is Empty. The Shared Wardrobe on Brabywine is Empty. The Char on Brandywine has about 100gold, and very few embers/motes etc, not much of anything in the wallet.

    They took months to create this whole whole affair. And even tho I was willing to pay the toll, it will not work.

    Their error message says:
    "#L820490
    We encountered an error during your transfer.

    If you have any questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us via Help.StandingStoneGames.com."


    Which, of course, doesn't not work. Their "Help" page says transfers are still broken and they are right.
    Is your character a kin leader owning a kinship house ?

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    486
    Hey folks, didn't want to open a new thread for the same topic.

    I have a question: on my current game server (landroval) my vault is expanded to max and nearly full. On my original game server (Brandywine, sine 2006) I have the same situation. Assuming I want to perform a shared items transfer from BW to landroval, what will happen to my vault at landroval? Will it automatically expand to include all items from BW? Will I loose anything that "didn't fit"? Any input on that?

    Much appreciated.


    "Dont cry - I'll pop a token for you!"
    elen sila lumenn omentielvo

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    What are "account-level items"? Does that mean "bound to account"?


    If you do a character transfer, and use the free shared items transfer at the same time, what happens to unbound or character-bound items in shared/housing storage?
    They become bound to "unknown player" essentially making them useless unless they are transferred back to the original server where the characters reside that those items were originally bound to.
    Welden of Elendilmir

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by asimon View Post
    Hey folks, didn't want to open a new thread for the same topic.

    I have a question: on my current game server (landroval) my vault is expanded to max and nearly full. On my original game server (Brandywine, sine 2006) I have the same situation. Assuming I want to perform a shared items transfer from BW to landroval, what will happen to my vault at landroval? Will it automatically expand to include all items from BW? Will I loose anything that "didn't fit"? Any input on that?

    Much appreciated.
    SSG have not revealed if they have done anything under the bonnet (hood) so by all accounts of past behaviour the target shared storage will expand to accommodate all your items. It then become remove only until you take stuff out and get below the max capacity. I'm thinking that no attempt is made to "stack" items so you can start the clearing up process by removing these dual stacks. If you don't have the spare storage a new character is a cheap way increase slots and useful to do the clean up on as it won't be clogged up with the gear and stuff a played character will have.

    Ofc the transfer needs to be working first, not giving errors. So maybe don't need to rush it.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    This needs to be reverted, and pronto.



    Why is it free between Anor and Ithil? Is it because those are VIP servers? If so, then make it free for VIP players on all servers.
    THIS!!!

    Sharing items between servers was a part of my normal game play because... well... I am sort of a pack rat in RL and obviously in this game too. I am now stuck with tons of stuff that is now to be gated behind LP.

    This is not fair since there was no notice or opportunity given for me to move the items around to where I intended to use them. Please consider giving us something before making this official. A grace period or a limited number of tokens or even make it a perk for VIPs universally as was suggested by Arnenna above to allow those of us that have been caught off guard by the announcement to make some necessary adjustments.

    I have for the last several years been playing randomly on dozens of characters spread out over several servers accumulating considerable amounts of crafting items and even account wide items that I thought would always be safe to freely transfer to whatever server I wanted them to end up on.

    So what now?

    Have I wasted my time playing so many characters across so many servers?

    Or was it in your plans all along that we alt-oholic server hoppers would eventually have to pay serious $$$ (495 LP which comparable to $5.00 US per transfer) for our style of play???

    You know, you say you closed 'world transfers' because of exploiters but in the process of your fixes you dropped bombs instead of using more precision weaponry to curtail the problem. So let the collateral damage begin...I really hope this ends up backfiring for you guys because you don't seem to care who you hurt as long you saved that precious dime while tripping over nickels to get to it...and lots of them by the look of it.

    Welden
    .
    Last edited by welden; May 23 2020 at 07:27 PM.
    Welden of Elendilmir

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    Ofc the transfer needs to be working first, not giving errors. So maybe don't need to rush it.
    Understood. Thanks a bunch.


    "Dont cry - I'll pop a token for you!"
    elen sila lumenn omentielvo

  24. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by welden View Post
    THIS!!!

    Sharing items between servers was a part of my normal game play because... well... I am sort of a pack rat in RL and obviously in this game too. I am now stuck with tons of stuff that is now to be gated behind LP.

    This is not fair since there was no notice or opportunity given for me to move the items around to where I intended to use them. Please consider giving us something before making this official. A grace period or a limited number of tokens or even make it a perk for VIPs universally as was suggested by Arnenna above to allow those of us that have been caught off guard by the announcement to make some necessary adjustments.

    I have for the last several years been playing randomly on dozens of characters spread out over several servers accumulating considerable amounts of crafting items and even account wide items that I thought would always be safe to freely transfer to whatever server I wanted them to end up on.

    So what now?

    Have I wasted my time playing so many characters across so many servers?

    Or was it in your plans all along that we alt-oholic server hoppers would eventually have to pay serious $$$ (495 LP which comparable to $5.00 US per transfer) for our style of play???

    You know, you say you closed 'world transfers' because of exploiters but in the process of your fixes you dropped bombs instead of using more precision weaponry to curtail the problem. So let the collateral damage begin...I really hope this ends up backfiring for you guys because you don't seem to care who you hurt as long you saved that precious dime while tripping over nickels to get to it...and lots of them by the look of it.

    Welden
    .

    Well given how many people are struggling with money because of the current situation with the pandemic, I cannot see many people taking what little money they have buying more LP to do transfers. Now I am sure there are ones who have a stockpile of points to use but that's not the case for everyone. I have to say what a tacky move to drop this onto people especially when so many are currently not working & having money issues. If this backfires, serves SSG right for what they did. I dunno but this whole situation has stink written all over it.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,284
    Quote Originally Posted by asimon View Post
    Hey folks, didn't want to open a new thread for the same topic.

    I have a question: on my current game server (landroval) my vault is expanded to max and nearly full. On my original game server (Brandywine, sine 2006) I have the same situation. Assuming I want to perform a shared items transfer from BW to landroval, what will happen to my vault at landroval? Will it automatically expand to include all items from BW? Will I loose anything that "didn't fit"? Any input on that?

    Much appreciated.
    This is the burning question. One that probably many want to know the answer to. Doesn't apply to me as I only play on one server and my maxed shared vault on any other server where I have a character (a name holder only) will be completely empty.

    But the question, for yourself, goes something like this . . .

    I've bought shared vault slots to max it out.
    I've filled those 230 slots on two servers.
    If I transfer from one of those servers to the other, will my slots expand to 460 slots to accommodate all the items? Or will I lose half of it.

    The question for SSG then is, would allowing a player to double their shared vault space be allowed?

    If the answer is yes, then it should not be considered an exploit of any sort, and hence, doesn't warrant a charge being dumped on it in order to discourage an exploit.

    If the answer is no, then it shouldn't be possible, even for . . . . and especially for, a price.

    They need to answer this question.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.


 

 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload