We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bullroarer Update 26.2 - Preview #1 - CLOSED

Welcome to the Tournament of the Twins

This round of Beta is over, thank you for participating! We are planning to have another round in the near future.

Coming soon, a new time limited server

The sons of Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir, have begun a discussion with perhaps too much pride, and are arguing about which of them would make the greatest leader and support the greatest heroes. Once you have reached level 10, you may take up the banner of either Elladan or Elrohir and venture forth to earn honour completing Deeds and challenge heroes that align with your rival. Brave players can earn rewards for completing Deeds, and those characters will appear in a special Leaderboard. Will you rush to honour your patron by completing Deeds, or will you spend your time challenging rivals?

• At level 10, approach either of the two sons of Elrond (Elrohir and Elladan), who are present in both Bree-town and Gondamon, and ask to join their faction by accepting a quest.
    • Once you have accepted a quest from one of the twins, you will be able to engage in combat with members of the opposing faction. You will also be able to gain honour by completing deeds throughout Eriador.
    • Each Eriador deed completed grants one hundred points of honor, which is tracked on a leaderboard. Use to the Register of Heroes to view the current leaderboard. Deeds completed prior to accepting a quest from Elladan or Elrohir, or not in the Eriador category, will not count towards this score.
    • Once you are engaged in this quest for honour, your only safe zones from members of the opposing faction are in Gondamon and Bree-town, where the brothers are camped. You will also have a short buff upon reviving that prevents any combat by or against you.
    • During this event, you cannot gain experience points in any instance after level 10. This includes Instance Finder and quest instances.
    • This event is focused in Eriador with a level cap of 50.

News and Notes:

• Fixed an issue preventing players from changing floor types in their Hobbit-style homes.
    • Fixed a bug where female Stout-axes would switch to male after a name-change. (Not retroactive, if you have this issue please contact CS.)
    • Fixed a problem where housing decorations on yard hooks in interior spaces would disappear when being moved.
    • Quest: An Unexpected Request - The dwarf Grímyr has had his level set to 120.

Known Issues:

• The quest you obtain from either Elladan or Elrohir can be cancelled; this quest should not be able to be cancelled, and you should not be able to change faction.
    Last edited by LordOfTheSquids; May 22 2020 at 10:43 AM.

How is this pvp going to work on a practical level? Will players at 130 be able to go around 1-shotting level 10s?

Is this going to be on the normal servers or a special one?

Also why disable xp in instances if you are taking part in this what's the point?

Finally I really dislike the idea of open world pvp and splitting the player base into factions. Lotro is on the whole a friendly and co-operative place and going down a potentially hyper-competitive pvp route is for me a wrong step. The moors is a perfect place for people to go and get their pvp fix it doesn't need to intrude itself onto the servers as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by ItaOperor View Post
    How is this pvp going to work on a practical level? Will players at 130 be able to go around 1-shotting level 10s?

Also why disable xp in instances if you are taking part in this what's the point?

Finally I really dislike the idea of open world pvp and splitting the player base into factions. Lotro is on the whole a friendly and co-operative place and going down a potentially hyper-competitive pvp route is for me a wrong step. The moors is a perfect place for people to go and get their pvp fix it doesn't need to intrude itself onto the servers as a whole.
    From the producers letter this year.
    In the early summer we will see our first Challenge League, which is a new temporary server that allows players to fight each other for honor, with the defeated required to retreat from the battlefield, rally themselves, and move back into the world to continue the fight. The sons of Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir, have begun a discussion with perhaps too much pride, and are arguing about which of them would make the greatest leader and support the greatest heroes. Take up the banner of either Elladan or Elrohir and venture forth to complete Deeds and challenge heroes that align with your rival. Brave players can earn milestones for completing Deeds, and those characters will appear in a special Leader-board. Will you rush to honor your patron by completing Deeds, or will you spend your time challenging rivals?

Agree.
    Landroval (Ailinon, Fumea)

if you don't like PVP.... maybe just don't play on the PVP server???!?!?!??!
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

what is this some kind of a joke?I hope you dont turn this game to age of conan we have ettens if we want to pvp
    Arandour Champion Rank 12-Nerien Hunter rank 11-Runendir RK Rank 7
    Kinship PRIME-Evernight Since May 2007
    Borzol R12-Mauhnakh R9-Varcolac R9-Sumnor R8-Orcapo R8 (Creep status retired)
    Discord: Arandour #1742

Hi, thanks for the release notes!

One question, will there be some rewards from the temporary server that will carry over to the live servers? Similar to the character portraits from the legendary servers, for example. Basically, what will the benefits be for players to make characters on a temporary server and not PvP on the main servers? And will these characters be lost when the server closes?

Thanks in advance!!

1. The first post says it will be limited to level 50.
    2. This is a new server, separate from the other servers.
    You should really consider a career in comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedfox View Post
    From the producers letter this year.

In the early summer we will see our first Challenge League, which is a new temporary server that allows players to fight each other for honor, with the defeated required to retreat from the battlefield, rally themselves, and move back into the world to continue the fight. The sons of Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir, have begun a discussion with perhaps too much pride, and are arguing about which of them would make the greatest leader and support the greatest heroes. Take up the banner of either Elladan or Elrohir and venture forth to complete Deeds and challenge heroes that align with your rival. Brave players can earn milestones for completing Deeds, and those characters will appear in a special Leader-board. Will you rush to honor your patron by completing Deeds, or will you spend your time challenging rivals?
    Thanks I can see the patch notes have also been updated to include the new server for this.

That's better imo, I'm glad it's not going to be on the main servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    LOL. not surprised to see this comment come up, only that it took so long.
    The Lover®: So suave. So cool. So debonair. So smooth.

This is CYAN. This is TEAL. Know the difference.

Just in case people didn't catch the info earlier: This will be a separate time-limited game event world. The Tournament of the Twins will not be taking place on our other game worlds, including the Legendary Worlds of Anor and Ithil.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Quote Originally Posted by Saruman_Of_Numbers View Post
    As long as any class/spec changes due to PVP stay on this server and this idea never reaches live server in any way, form or shape, have your fun. But since raids are back there have been a lot of "balancing acts" which have hurt the fun play of some classes in landscape. This could become even more serious if they try to "balance" for PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCeltics View Post
    Welcome to the Tournament of the Twins

Coming soon, a new time limited server

The sons of Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir, have begun a discussion with perhaps too much pride, and are arguing about which of them would make the greatest leader and support the greatest heroes. Once you have reached level 10, you may take up the banner of either Elladan or Elrohir and venture forth to earn honour completing Deeds and challenge heroes that align with your rival. Brave players can earn rewards for completing Deeds, and those characters will appear in a special Leaderboard. Will you rush to honour your patron by completing Deeds, or will you spend your time challenging rivals?

• At level 10, approach either of the two sons of Elrond (Elrohir and Elladan), who are present in both Bree-town and Gondamon, and ask to join their faction by accepting a quest.
    • Once you have accepted a quest from one of the twins, you will be able to engage in combat with members of the opposing faction. You will also be able to gain honour by completing deeds throughout Eriador.
    • Each Eriador deed completed grants one hundred points of honor, which is tracked on a leaderboard. Use to the Register of Heroes to view the current leaderboard. Deeds completed prior to accepting a quest from Elladan or Elrohir, or not in the Eriador category, will not count towards this score.
    • Once you are engaged in this quest for honour, your only safe zones from members of the opposing faction are in Gondamon and Bree-town, where the brothers are camped. You will also have a short buff upon reviving that prevents any combat by or against you.
    • During this event, you cannot gain experience points in any instance after level 10. This includes Instance Finder and quest instances.
    • This event is focused in Eriador with a level cap of 50.

News and Notes:

• Fixed an issue preventing players from changing floor types in their Hobbit-style homes.
    • Fixed a bug where female Stout-axes would switch to male after a name-change. (Not retroactive, if you have this issue please contact CS.)
    • Fixed a problem where housing decorations on yard hooks in interior spaces would disappear when being moved.
    • Quest: An Unexpected Request - The dwarf Grímyr has had his level set to 120.

Known Issues:

• The quest you obtain from either Elladan or Elrohir can be cancelled; this quest should not be able to be cancelled, and you should not be able to change faction.
    I can't describe how excited I am for this. Please consider disabling the store on this server though. And please don't listen to people who don't want this. They have all the normal servers if they don't want to pvp. I think this will be a ton of fun. I know it'll be messy and I don't even expect a lot. But I'm genuinely excited about something in this game for the first time in a long time. I'll see you all on the battlefield <3

(Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand
    Crickhollow: Orphluk R9 Warg, Orphelun-1 R8 RK. -The Blood Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Just in case people didn't catch the info earlier: This will be a separate time-limited game event world. The Tournament of the Twins will not be taking place on our other game worlds, including the Legendary Worlds of Anor and Ithil.
    Two questions.
    How long will this last (please consider letting it be a fairly long term server)
    I notice that it says "for this event the focus is eriador." Is there any chance you're considering doing another one perhaps in moria at a later date? (please say yes)

(Retired... Maybe un-retired?) Arkenstone: Immanitas R12 Burg, Gorbat R12 Reaver, Sueahpro R11 Mini, Falsified R9 RK, -The Blood Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Contrarious View Post
    1. The first post says it will be limited to level 50.
    2. This is a new server, separate from the other servers.

You should really consider a career in comedy.
    Thanks - the notes have been updated a couple of times since I replied so some of my questions have already been answered.

As far as the comedy thing goes I take it you disagree and on balance you don't believe the the lotro community is friendly and co-operative?

And this is good but I hope there are no "balancing" acts because of class x has an advantage because of a and spec y because of b and z ,due to c can't be killed.

Wonder if accounts like mine would get all those XP booster items upon creating a new toon over there.

Also, there's no mention on whether the server will be VIP like the LS or not.
    Laergwend (Mini) - Gladden dweller!
    Laergwend (Mini) - officer of The Secret Fire - Anor
    RIP Ithil
    Nov, 8 2018 - May, 21 2020

From what I understand:

1)Players who don't choice faction can't attack players who choice faction, as well as players from 1 side can't attack players from same faction.
    2)You can't get really high level without trouble, because special quests need you to go in places where players from other faction can attack you

What I don't understand: You can get, as example, 50 level, and join faction after that? Or biggest income of PVE exp goes from PVP? What happens with players who don't join faction? They don't appear in ranking and get nothing when server will be closed?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Moneyforever View Post
    Two questions.
    How long will this last (please consider letting it be a fairly long term server)
    I notice that it says "for this event the focus is eriador." Is there any chance you're considering doing another one perhaps in moria at a later date? (please say yes)
    I don't have great answers, but the current answers are: We have not yet announced the calendar for this, and we have not yet announced whether this will be something that returns in the future.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

I hope you would reconsider no matter how good or bad this event goes.

This is not what the Professor had in mind when he created the world of Middle Earth. The Free Folks DO NOT FIGHT EACH OTHER. They have the forces of evil to deal with, now and forever.

I am here for the realization of the world into sights and landscapes, but won't stand much longer if you gradually defile all that the original works stood for.
    Arequain Belechael, Legate of Celosien, Minas Brethil, Lebennin

Quote Originally Posted by Belechael View Post

This is not what the Professor had in mind when he created the world of Middle Earth. The Free Folks DO NOT FIGHT EACH OTHER. They have the forces of evil to deal with, now and forever.

I am here for the realization of the world into sights and landscapes, but won't stand much longer if you gradually defile all that the original works stood for.
    How about Maeglin and Eol? Professor create them, and even they was on The Free Folks sidem they NOT good, and they fight with other good guys.

This is not what the Professor had in mind when he created the world of Middle Earth. The Free Folks DO NOT FIGHT EACH OTHER.
    what a pathetically ignorant statement.

Have you ever heard of the battles between elves and men? or the kin-slaughter of the Noldor in the havens of Vallinor? and there was totally evil to fight in those times too (melkor)
    The Black Appendage of Sauron

I kinda like the idea, reminds me of Path of Exile. Everyone's on an even footing, starting from scratch. Many of us can race to 50 in our sleep. Some might choose to go heavy on crafting and gear up, some might choose to form a kinship and power-level through the mobs, some might select their favoured quest rewards... In PoE you start from scratch and can bring nothing with you, none of your gold or your items, so everyone's the same. And then they race for the leaderboard.

It's fun if you like that sort of thing and want to show off how badass your Bree-questing skills are.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

[evernight] lilka : warden | gwenaëlle : champion | elorie : minstrel | cedar : hunter

You're playing a game though. If you don't like this just don't play on that server and simply read the books.

I'm a huge Tolkien fan too but nonetheless I like this... and cmon if you are talking about "free folks dealing only with evil" you're forgetting about all the elf feuds in the first age (even though this is not the case because it's just a challenge between the two brothers ahahah).

P.S. remember that we're not killing other people, we're defeating them. That's quite different.

I don't have great answers, but the current answers are: We have not yet announced the calendar for this, and we have not yet announced whether this will be something that returns in the future.
    Ok thanks. One more thought is that my gut instinct is that damage in general might need a slight tune down. But won't know til we can test. Speaking of that... Any chance we see this on Bullroarer soon?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast