We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Your game is unplayable SSG

Fix lag or go home. Seriously. I don't know what's going on in the past few months (and that includes months prior the f2p for all, before pandemic and before bigger player numbers), but game is in a state that's impossible to describe how often it rubberbands and lag spikes. Trying to play warden is a JOKE with this lag. Every 2 masteries theres one that refuses to be used and im forced to do a war cry or the boot. Playing other classes is annoying, warden is broken. Fix the ****** lag atleast to 2019 levels when it was playable. There's been tons of topics about lag, we got patches that said they fixed some issues yet I see 0 (read: Z E R O) improvement. My machine is perfectly capable of running other, far more demanding games than lotro. So it's from the servers.

Yep, and it's getting worse, but I think if we've learned anything from the past couple of months is that there is no real intention to fix anything. And it's not just lag, although it is awful, it's the number of bugs that used to be relatively uncommon now occuring at a rate that makes playing the game a long, drawn-out joke. Let me see what I'm currently experiencing:

1. Housing not loading, both exterior and interior.
    2. The bouncy horse bug, except dialled up to 100 on my High Elf.
    3. My character randomly shifting to the right, which makes crossing bridges a dodgy prospect. This bug has existed for me since I started replaying last year, but just now occured so often in the space of half-an-hour that I quit the game as even managing to travel down a straight road was a constant battle.
    4. Characters not loading, requiring a forced quit through the task manager.
    5. Characters randomly freezing, which if left long enough leads to a loss of connection.
    6. Constant switching of layers. I can go through several of these just passing through Bree. Not a bug, I know, but wears thin quickly.
    7. My captain's archer either being left behind or taking a hell of a time just to get back to me.
    8. And, of course, the lag and constant hitching, which limits playtime during busy hours unless you want to feel as if you're swimming through treacle.

There are more, as there are always more, but I think I've covered some of the more annoying issues.

I've played a lot of MMOs, but I have never come across one that so consistently causes problems for players and yet is so exorbitantly expensive. The absolute and very least that should be expected is a playable game, but that tiny hurdle isn't even being attempted. Of course, having spent so much money over the years, it's hard to walk away, and I'm sure that's exactly what they're banking on.

I've noticed that almost half the time I try to use Battle Frenzy on my champion that it just does not want to work.
    The skill gets used and goes on cooldown but no frenzy for me.

Also, why is the silence in Deep Barrow acting as a Disarm? Only in that instance does silence do that. And the wights can CHAIN SILENCE/DISARM.
    Also, if you use battle frenzy while disarmed, your LI's cooldown cutter wont work.

All 3 of those instances throw off rotations.

I have no problems (playing every day, includes raiding) and I am from Europe. Maybe check your PC or slow connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    I have no problems (playing every day, includes raiding) and I am from Europe. Maybe check your PC or slow connection.
    Same for me, Europe, great connection.
    Landroval (Ailinon, Fumea)

Could it be possible that European ISPs do not get greedy and throttle their customers hoping they'd pay more for a better connection?

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewmidget View Post
    Could it be possible that European ISPs do not get greedy and throttle their customers hoping they'd pay more for a better connection?
    I have lag and from Europe. Alot of people from kin are from different part of europe and experiencing the same.

Anyone who claims that "they have no issues" clearly hasn't attempted to play endgame content on Evernight during prime time (or indeed outside of prime time). There's always crippling lag inside of the Remmorchant, and frankly it makes the game unplayable. We've cancelled numerous raids over this issue. The issue of course persists elsewhere, also, but it is most noticable when raiding (or PvPing). It is virtually impossible to do a 3-minute dummy parse without having lag interrupt it at one point or another.

Don't tell people to "check their connection", or "check their PC", it's on SSG's end. No question about it.
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_ArrowWind View Post
    Every 2 masteries theres one that refuses to be used and im forced to do a war cry or the boot.
    I experience especially THIS to often on my warden, it pretty much suc.ks.

The "Lags" or technically issues with the engine getting very, very annoying.

And all players who think that people have PC issues or bandwith issues with provider.......i better do not write what i like to write to you.

I'm from Germany and all of the lags are simply there. I'm on 100Mbit Up /50 Down Connection, my PC is pretty much nearly high end. Don't tell me this is not SSG/Lotro-Server Problems. There is pretty much NO ONE in TS or anywhere else saying "What ? No Lags here, pretty much all fine". NO ONE! In Remmo when the Server lags, EVERYONE in the raid has lags (or whatever you will name it)

I'm in Europe and have absolutely no problems regarding my connection with any online games I have ever played or am currently playing. I'm also on Evernight, which seems to be falling apart right now. I've played on American servers on other games to play with friends (Rift being one example) and I've never had an issue with the connection. This is the only online game I've ever played that is this consistently awful, and I've played some with smaller budgets than this. I've actually been playing LOTRO off and on since launch, and the only time I've had these issues is when I restarted about a year ago, so something's obviously changed.

I'm happy for those in Europe who are able to play with no issues, I really am, but some of us play with significant problems, and even though the alarm bell is constantly being run at our end, we either get the standard "it must be your connection!" or we just get ignored. So I am going to be as blunt as I can in the vain hope somebody actually listens: the problem does not lie with the players, but with SSG. If I was the one at fault, I wouldn't have a long and problem-free history of connecting, and staying connected, to/with WoW, Warhammer Online, Rift, EVE, Guild Wars 2, SWG, Star Trek Online, SWOTOR, A Tale in the Desert, and various others. The excuses needs to end and something desperately needs to be done.

The good old anecdotal "It works fine for me, so it's definitely on your end".

Severs and the game really are degenerating at an exponential rate: on ~30%+ attempts to login I have to kill Lotro to try again as I get stuck in the loading screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymixtures View Post
    I'm in Europe and have absolutely no problems regarding my connection with any online games I have ever played or am currently playing. I'm also on Evernight, which seems to be falling apart right now. I've played on American servers on other games to play with friends (Rift being one example) and I've never had an issue with the connection. This is the only online game I've ever played that is this consistently awful, and I've played some with smaller budgets than this. I've actually been playing LOTRO off and on since launch, and the only time I've had these issues is when I restarted about a year ago, so something's obviously changed.

I'm happy for those in Europe who are able to play with no issues, I really am, but some of us play with significant problems, and even though the alarm bell is constantly being run at our end, we either get the standard "it must be your connection!" or we just get ignored. So I am going to be as blunt as I can in the vain hope somebody actually listens: the problem does not lie with the players, but with SSG. If I was the one at fault, I wouldn't have a long and problem-free history of connecting, and staying connected, to/with WoW, Warhammer Online, Rift, EVE, Guild Wars 2, SWG, Star Trek Online, SWOTOR, A Tale in the Desert, and various others. The excuses needs to end and something desperately needs to be done.
    Check the dev tracker from the last 2 weeks: SSG doesn't care at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeviternus View Post
    Don't tell people to "check their connection", or "check their PC", it's on SSG's end. No question about it.
    Don't tell people it's SSG when they have no lag. No question about it.

It is SSG and they even admitted it recently. I play with different people all over the world and we lag/freeze the same exactly time. Go and troll somewhere else fanboy.

:chuckles ruefully: Just the thread for a morning where I am, yet again, experiencing having to kill the LOTRO client and try again for two out of three character login attempts.

You clearly do not know what you are talking about. If you do not experience any lag - good for you. Those of us who play and raid on Evernight have a rather different experience, and there is a whole server full of people that can attest to this fact. So please, stop shilling for SSG, this is an issue that is widely recognised to be on their end, even by SSG. You stand to gain literally nothing be denying the self evident truth.
    Feailuve, Akabath, Failure - Evernight
    Also known as Giliodor

Quote Originally Posted by Helwryeth View Post
    :chuckles ruefully: Just the thread for a morning where I am, yet again, experiencing having to kill the LOTRO client and try again for two out of three character login attempts.
    You probably need new pc, isp, house, car and probably move to new country too.

Quote Originally Posted by Polemarhos View Post
    You probably need new pc, isp, house, car and probably move to new country too.
    ROFL ... aye, reckon so ... after all there are some that have no problems, apparently, so it is clear that the fault lies at the client end ... :angel:

A little more seriously, it is peculiar that some do report that all is consistently okay with LOTRO when I would assume that the majority of the player base have a dire time with it on occasion and put up with sub-par performance the rest of the time.

I now have both the interior and exterior of my kinhouse completely missing for me. That means I can't access items in the chest, which is proving a pain as I use it to help empty out character storage and inventory. Everything else is the same in the sense that loading of characters is still very hit and miss and all other bugs remain. This really is getting beyond stupid.

ROFL ... aye, reckon so ... after all there are some that have no problems, apparently, so it is clear that the fault lies at the client end ... :angel:

A little more seriously, it is peculiar that some do report that all is consistently okay with LOTRO when I would assume that the majority of the player base have a dire time with it on occasion and put up with sub-par performance the rest of the time.
    Ok. Please provide your citation for "majority." I have no major problems playing, on Gladden. Sure, the system crashes more than I'd like, but I blame that on my Mac. Otherwise, things are fine. Granted, I'm not an end-game raider. Perhaps it's more a case of "end-game raiders" versus everyone else when it comes to playing and the like - on the forums it seems like it's the former who complain about absolutely everything. I'd venture (with no evidence, admittedly), that most people who aren't end-game raiders aren't on the forums. And their views (expressed through continued play) matter, too.

Sure Lotro has issues. What in life doesn't? But the constant, ongoing whining from end-game folks is, frankly, absolutely nauseating to me. The people of Standing Stones are professionals who do what they can with the resources they have at hand. If you have issues with what they do, if play is so, so, so bad, why stick around? This is a game. There's no requirement that anyone, you or me, continue to play.

Lag is different for everyone some experience lag more then others, on my end I don't get much lag, i play just fine, even joined end game raid no issues, not saying i get 0 lag cause there's always a little sometimes but generally its pretty good, we already know its server side, but i will say don't bash people for saying check your PC, cause it could be that as well, i mean doesn't hurt to check things out. I've had issues where it was my end in the past and got it solved.
    Pontin Level 130 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Maradoc Hobbit Hunter. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's a guide to making ABC files and my Screenshots of Middle-Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Hweldar View Post
    Ok. Please provide your citation for "majority." I have no major problems playing, on Gladden. Sure, the system crashes more than I'd like, but I blame that on my Mac. Otherwise, things are fine. Granted, I'm not an end-game raider. Perhaps it's more a case of "end-game raiders" versus everyone else when it comes to playing and the like - on the forums it seems like it's the former who complain about absolutely everything. I'd venture (with no evidence, admittedly), that most people who aren't end-game raiders aren't on the forums. And their views (expressed through continued play) matter, too.

Sure Lotro has issues. What in life doesn't? But the constant, ongoing whining from end-game folks is, frankly, absolutely nauseating to me. The people of Standing Stones are professionals who do what they can with the resources they have at hand. If you have issues with what they do, if play is so, so, so bad, why stick around? This is a game. There's no requirement that anyone, you or me, continue to play.
    :grins: Hmm ... let me just check the server stats for every player ... might take me a while ... ... ... all I can say with any certainty, of course, is that everyone I interact with across four kins has a real problem with performance and even my little RP gang over on Laurelin has some problems with lag (which was really bad indeed a couple of weeks back). I am not a raider, by the way, indeed I rarely even partake in 3 mans (must be over a year since I last did); I play to smell the roses and enjoy the tales of daring do and have thirty odd characters spread through the level range.

I do agree that those who play at the bleeding edge are most likely to complain because it is they who stress test the classes and the mechanics to destruction. But what we are dealing with on the server performance is truly poor and only a few post here that they experience no problems compared to a great many who say they do. Given that I play other games, such as Elite (which simulates the entire galaxy), and never experience anything more than the occasional stutter (and that *is* down to general internet performance I would say) then clearly those who supply us our game have a problem. If people don't complain then nothing will ever get fixed so, annoying as it is, I can understand why people come here to vent.

In the main, though, I concur with you that bitching will likely garner us naught and we can but soldier on as best we may ... occasionally rage quitting to go play something else that actually runs properly.
    Last edited by Helwryeth; May 24 2020 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hweldar View Post

I don't raid. In fact, I've never so much as been in a fellowship. I couldn't tell you what end-gamers experience as I'm very clearly not one. I'm not even a quarter of a one. But I can say that I have battled through the problems with this game since restarting last year, and for the most part, I've let them pass. I can handle a little lag and even a few bugs here and there, but end-game has got nothing to do with my entire house becoming useless, or the endless attempts at loading the same character over and over and over and over again, ad infinitum. It also has nothing to do with the inability to go so much as in a straight line without the game pulling me inexplicably to the right, or the frequent freezing that may or may not see me kicked off the server. Those are the kinds of issues turning LOTRO from a game and into a chore for me. Since I've paid quite a bit since I started playing, the very least I expect is for the game to be in a playable state. The fact that this most basic of demands is considered by some to be on the same level as asking for the damn moon, is beyond me.

I'm not necessarily referring to the person I've quoted in this post, but holy crud have I reached a point where I am getting sick and tired of, for some inevitable reason, having to explain myself, or watch others have to explain themselves, to the playerbase as if we're in some bloody courtroom every time we ask for the barest, simplest of demands. It's like fighting the Hounds of the bloody Baskervilles every time someone makes a valid complaint. Please, please understand that SSG is more than capable of carrying its own water, so I cannot fathom why others insist on carrying it for them. I didn't gift money to a charity. I paid it in good faith and in exchange for a product. And now I, and many others (at least on Evernight) are now in possession of a product that is broken. There have been a load of threads posted by many individuals in the past couple of months especially, covering the very issues I have been describing, and more. These are people who are not lying, are perfectly capable of playing other online games (I know this, because they too have had to explain this on occasion) and they, like me, are just asking for SSG to uphold their end of the bargain. It's a bit like paying full-price for a bicycle and then receiving one with a wheel missing and being expected to be okay with it. But I guess if I wasn't the one who got screwed, I could just laugh at the sucker on the one-wheeled bike, right? I guess all the guy on the broken bike has to do is cut his losses and walk away without his money or a bike, because that is, of course, the reasonable thing to do. Honestly, people need to wise up about what their rights are, because if you accept this you should be okay with accepting any old #### that's thrown at you in exchange for your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymixtures View Post
    <many correct things>.
    Very well expressed :nods:. That puts it across in the way that I feel it.

I've paid hundreds of Pounds for a lack of performance that would be annoying in a tape-loaded game from the 80's ... I'm looking at you, Silent Service, which I often had to try and load three times ... but I got that for free .

Very well expressed :nods:. That puts it across in the way that I feel it.

I've paid hundreds of Pounds for a lack of performance that would be annoying in a tape-loaded game from the 80's ... I'm looking at you, Silent Service, which I often had to try and load three times ... but I got that for free .
    And that's the problem, isn't it? It's advertised and desribed as an "online game", but it barely is to a significant number of us. And it's not even the bugs or the general tight-arsedness or tardiness that gets to me. Honestly, it's the feeling that I'm having the piss taken out of me that I so strongly object to. It's the understanding that somehow video games are exempt from quality control. It needs a concerted effort from everyone, and even those who don't suffer problems (because you all will, eventually. If we're treated like #### on Evernight, I can absolutely guarantee you won't be the exception to the rule eventually, no matter how hard you fight their battles for them) to say that enough is enough. There is a prevalent idea on these forums that SSG are a charity case and short of cash. Neither of these things are true.

This game is falling apart, mark my words. Today, and for the the last two months particularly, it's been Evernight, but tomorrow it could be any other server. And all that hard work and time you put into your character or Kin will all come to naught because someone who makes the decisions decided they'd accept stacks of your cash in exchange for a dribble of pennies of investment into the game in recompense. The best trick they are pulling is the misconception that they are somehow doing you a favour by keeping your precious game alive out of the kindness of their own hearts. SSG has you by the balls. If the game was that unprofitable they would've dumped it already. Please, think!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast