We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 61 of 61
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Arantha View Post
    I have the same story to tell, came back, and rebegan playiing. But to me, there are very little problems. The game sometimes is overused and I get a part of a second delayed, but no such problems like you have. That's not good, but to me the question is far more, where is the real problem.
    Your connection and rig probabbly isn't it, the software and servers also not, because then everybody has got the problems. I'm really asking why a lot of people complain such problems and far more people do not. Something weird, that I don't understand...

    I hope, you get a solution, because it's worth.
    I play on Evernight and by the looks you play on the German RP server. Due to our PvMP activity I'd guess we have a larger proportion of Anon characters on the server yet our non-anon numbers are still considerably higher. This alone could make a difference but I'd also guess that what players are doing in game would likely be different on an RP server. You might well be dashing across Pelennor to get to the South Gate doing Dailies to finish maxing your ILIs, may well be raiding and doing group content or climbing Minas Morgul's tiers. But we have a lot more players doing it all at the same time. And when we are grouped and in communication it's everyone getting affected the same way at the same time. Now I could instead solo and ride around on a normal horse and chat with friends after a portal to let the game load fully and then I could avoid some of the issues.

    To an extent some play only Lotro so don't see what other games achieve. We kind of just get used to it, it's become normalized and we give up hoping it will get any better. For others having the servers still switched on and able to log in is enough and any criticism of SSG is a threat to that status quo.

    We don't want to do them down, we want to raise them up. The IP deserves it.

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    I play on Evernight and by the looks you play on the German RP server. Due to our PvMP activity I'd guess we have a larger proportion of Anon characters on the server yet our non-anon numbers are still considerably higher. This alone could make a difference but I'd also guess that what players are doing in game would likely be different on an RP server. You might well be dashing across Pelennor to get to the South Gate doing Dailies to finish maxing your ILIs, may well be raiding and doing group content or climbing Minas Morgul's tiers. But we have a lot more players doing it all at the same time. And when we are grouped and in communication it's everyone getting affected the same way at the same time. Now I could instead solo and ride around on a normal horse and chat with friends after a portal to let the game load fully and then I could avoid some of the issues.

    To an extent some play only Lotro so don't see what other games achieve. We kind of just get used to it, it's become normalized and we give up hoping it will get any better. For others having the servers still switched on and able to log in is enough and any criticism of SSG is a threat to that status quo.

    We don't want to do them down, we want to raise them up. The IP deserves it.
    Why should anyone build up a company that has literally nickle and dime every single aspect of their character creation to skill traits? For servers performing like pure garbage? They sell everything that a game can sale even putting ESO to shame with their terrible store. Yet people should be grateful they keep the servers on? These devs should be grateful they have a community to still have jobs to feed their families when they ignore threads of importance here daily and do nothing at all to even show any appreciation to the same people who pay their salaries for them. Out of the MANY mmorpgs I have played in the last 18 years I have never in my life seen a more forgiving community here for utter disrespect they show their community here as a company. Lack of any transparency at all and VERY limited communication with a predatory attitude towards monetization of anything they release.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    243
    cronius77 I could not disagree with any of that.

    But it's the stupid players' fault. The game seems awash with them and they continue to buy any old rope with a Lotro sticker on it. And SSG have gotten addicted.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by cronius77 View Post
    Why should anyone build up a company that has literally nickle and dime every single aspect of their character creation to skill traits? For servers performing like pure garbage? They sell everything that a game can sale even putting ESO to shame with their terrible store. Yet people should be grateful they keep the servers on? These devs should be grateful they have a community to still have jobs to feed their families when they ignore threads of importance here daily and do nothing at all to even show any appreciation to the same people who pay their salaries for them. Out of the MANY mmorpgs I have played in the last 18 years I have never in my life seen a more forgiving community here for utter disrespect they show their community here as a company. Lack of any transparency at all and VERY limited communication with a predatory attitude towards monetization of anything they release.
    agreed and SSG just added 3 more months of lags, decorations not spawning, kinship bugs, login failure...

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysthoo View Post
    agreed and SSG just added 3 more months of lags, decorations not spawning, kinship bugs, login failure...
    Or more time to re-create the bugs and fix them, who knows?

    The previous EP once revealed that it was players in game with access to the store that was key to maintaining the business, thanks YouTube. It's brought more exposure so why ever not continue if the numbers are confirming that? And we can't forget the eternally grateful who are already digging into their pockets as I write.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    Or more time to re-create the bugs and fix them, who knows?

    The previous EP once revealed that it was players in game with access to the store that was key to maintaining the business, thanks YouTube. It's brought more exposure so why ever not continue if the numbers are confirming that? And we can't forget the eternally grateful who are already digging into their pockets as I write.
    That has been obvious since I started playing Lotro in 2015:
    - All those threads about known issues, abysmal servers, 0 communication, customers complaining etc. - "We couldn't care less"
    - In-game shop having issues on a weekend? "We will fix that in a few hours"


    If you boil it down you have several archetypes of people in Lotro:
    -A: Everyone at SSG who evidently couldn't care less about the words "quality", "customer oriented", "bug fixing", "basic communication", "server stability", "integrity" etc.
    -B: The group of players who only play Lotro and thus don't know how utterly laughable and abysmal the whole package is when compared to other MMORPGs like WoW, ESO, FF14, GW2 or even MMOs like Path of Exile or Warframe
    -C: The die-hard Lotro group which is so heavily invested into Lotro that they're submissive to the point of barely voicing any criticism while going on a "hunt the critic" session as you can quite easily see in this thread regarding responses to my posts. From my PoV they're quite easily to spot, especially the "We're so glad you even bothered to respond at all in this thread" crowd and the "How dare you voice any kind of criticism, this game only has a few issues and a little bit of lag" crowd
    -D: The final group of players who either play other games and/or other MMORPGs/MMOs and know how the gaming landscape actually is outside the Lotro bubble and that Lotro is sub-par at best, or they just value quality, customer orientation and integrity

    Quite obvious that members of A and C clash with D, especially when D utilizes factual arguments.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysthoo View Post
    agreed and SSG just added 3 more months of lags, decorations not spawning, kinship bugs, login failure...
    And added a method to gain money, so YOU can play new content in the summer. Otherwise all of you would the flood forum with posts about "Why there is no content"...

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurinuor View Post
    And added a method to gain money, so YOU can play new content in the summer. Otherwise all of you would the flood forum with posts about "Why there is no content"...
    Which category is this one Tiyafar? lol. No i wouldn't rage if there are no more content, i still didn't do Mordor and everything coming after that, at the pace i play i already have over a year of questpacks. I bought all of them and i don't care if the game is free for everyone, all i want is to remove all those ####ing lags and issues that make this game unplayable.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,009
    I was in MT yesterday (Evernight); doing all those time wasting quests, so no combat involved, and midday UK time, so the US crowd were asleep - usually the best time to play and avoid server overloads.

    I had to run everywhere, the lag and random rubber banding whilst trying to ride was throwing me everywhere. I got thrown off the same ramp twice in succession, and ended up INSIDE the wall structures with no way out more than once.

    At one point I was at ground level, under MT level 3, having fallen through the floor during a glitch where everything went grey ghost and transparent, and it REGISTERED as a fall, I was limping around for a couple of minutes, trying to find a way out.

    I wandered onto what I can only describe as "Black Ice" when I ventured out into Osgiliath, a patch of nearly flat ground that acted as if I was falling; I had to "/stuck" to get out of that.

    Then there are random missing Rings over NPCs, or rings that appear, then vanish, the Dome of Stars door animation running backwards (click on it and it is instantly open, then slams shut in your face when you go through it).

    .
    So I gave up on MT and went North, just to find quests glitching there; "Defend the North West Gate", great, I stood there the entire time and never saw a mob, about the 3rd time this week one of these quests has done this.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    243
    The game has had various times where the content came less frequently. Some would leave to play other games while others play alts. For me at times the speed of content release and my play time could sustain from between 4 and 7 main characters at level cap. I enjoy playing different classes, makes it easier to empathise on imbalance as it occurs. I guess the latter group is arguably more loyal/entrenched but the former isn't in-game buying product. The apparent "desperation" to release content must be the attempt to retain those who would otherwise stray.

    Use of lootboxes will afford the transients their release to go play elsewhere, for those who pass on that the grind option remains and has us remain. Ideally if our play time was a constant over time the game would sustain us to play that same number of characters and only a change in our allocated time would have us have to make a choice to "park" certain characters.

    However when the game pace is set to satisfy the playing of a single or limited number of characters we can loose our empathy, fighting on the forums, and we can leave those with limited time to play behind. We can forget true altaholics as only a trust fund could sustain them at cap activity, but they can be happy (notwithstanding the "lag" and load issues).

    With two recent patches getting the vaguest mention of a performance "look" (I can't say it's been any more than that) what are we to think? Just a trawl for apologists off peak on low pop servers? Are they done with it now?

    I do feel it's still short term thinking. The bums on seats has had the spending on the store increase but it's players being in catch up mode. Shortly they mostly will be done with it if not already.
    This next content offer can only degrade the performance further if it pulls more in to play again.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysthoo View Post
    Which category is this one Tiyafar? lol. No i wouldn't rage if there are no more content, i still didn't do Mordor and everything coming after that, at the pace i play i already have over a year of questpacks. I bought all of them and i don't care if the game is free for everyone, all i want is to remove all those ####ing lags and issues that make this game unplayable.
    C, but a fanatical one: go back to his first response to me all the way to this current one: not once did he refute my arguments or make one himself, it all just excuses and deflections, because on some conscious/subconscious level he knows that my factual arguments are spot-on and do reflect the laughable state of Lotro.

    Nothing has been done to fix those issues, SSG doesn't even respond to those isses or rather employs the usual deafening silence treatment, and yet they will release a time-limited PvP server which by default will have the same "impressive performance" while crowding all people on that server.

    Maybe that's the point he wanted to make: "As long as there is some kind of new content it doesn't matter at all how abysmal the overall performance is or how much the customers are disgusted by known issues and no communication."

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload