We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New Player, How much does race matter with a class?

I really dont like to gimp myself but not sure how much race matters when playing a class. I was going to play a champion. Seem likes stout axe would be the best but might would play a human or dwarf since i dont have all the extra expansions and stuff yet.

Quote Originally Posted by flguy147 View Post
    I really dont like to gimp myself but not sure how much race matters when playing a class. I was going to play a champion. Seem likes stout axe would be the best but might would play a human or dwarf since i dont have all the extra expansions and stuff yet.
    It's irrelevant, just pick the one you prefer. There are plenty of champs of all races
    Wal's Army on Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy), Walori (Guard), Walrandir (LM), Walora (Warden), Walmo (Burg)

For casual play its irelevent,if you plan to get more serious with class avoid dwarfs as champ due to slower animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Osglinthor View Post
    For casual play its irelevent,if you plan to get more serious with class avoid dwarfs as champ due to slower animations.
    Thanks man, i probably will go Human then.

It hasn't mattered stat wise since like 2007, when stat caps were small enough for the racial differences to matter. And even then it wasn't THAT big a deal

In the space between worlds, thinking, exploring, learning, dreaming, creating and always passing on
    The differences are flavour and situational perks, for the most part; pick the aesthetic you like most.

How you play will always matter far more - you will *never* lose out a spot in a group purely because of the race you picked, even in the highest and hardest circles.

The only real problem is that you can't be a hobbit for every class.
    Rider, Fighter, Virgin, Lover; Watcher, Chaser, Bearer of Pain.
    Victim tormented, Abused and Broken; Rise from the ashes and Hunt once again.
    And Vengeance Be Thy Oath.

Quote Originally Posted by Harla View Post
    The only real problem is that you can't be a hobbit for every class.

Give us hobbit champions, lore-masters, rune-keepers and captains and I'll be happy. Well, happier.

Quote Originally Posted by flguy147 View Post
    5-10% even more if stout axe

For champ go HE. Bonus sword dmg+ 10% ooc movement +10% more sexy +faster skill animation /than a dwarf/
    Last edited by Pavlin; May 27 2020 at 01:31 PM.