We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is there a good guide to Remmorchant?

Hi everyone,

Is there a good guide anywhere for Remmorchant T1 (the whole thing)? Dadi’s guides are usually my go-to, but it only goes up to the sides, and I am looking especially for a boss 3 and 4 guide.

Google is unhelpful - any useful links to share?

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Quote Originally Posted by TheArtilleryman View Post
    Hi everyone,

Is there a good guide anywhere for Remmorchant T1 (the whole thing)? Dadi’s guides are usually my go-to, but it only goes up to the sides, and I am looking especially for a boss 3 and 4 guide.

Google is unhelpful - any useful links to share?
    Can't really offer any links to guides, but I can offer my personal experience in Remmorchant. Didn't do tier 1 that often, so if some mechanics are of higher tiers and don't exist on tier 1, don't kill me pls

ID 3 - Zabothak / Rukhor
    This fight is divided into two seperate phases, the first one being Captain Zabothak, and the second one being Rukhor himself. The group setup I'd suggest looks something like:
    2 healers (grab one healing RK if possible, really helpful in phase 2)
    2 tanks (at least one captain tank if possible)
    Yellow Lore-Master
    Yellow Burglar
    Red Captain
    and five damage dealers, the more damage they do, the better. Preferably add at least one red Burglar into the mix for phase 1

Captain Zabothak:
    Basically a DPS race. Captain Zabothak has a couple of different skills you'll have to look out for, even on tier 1, but generally, the faster he dies, the easier it gets. I'll explain his skills below.

Tank incoming healing debuff: The tank holding aggro of Zabothak gets a debuff that lowers incoming healing by 10% each stack. You'll have to keep an eye on this as tank and, if your healer gets into trouble keeping you alive, swap positions with your second tank.

Add summon: Zabothak calls for two goblin adds to aid him in combat, these should be picked up by the "free" tank ASAP and mezzed by Lore-Master & Burglar so they can't do anything stupid. If left alone, they start putting a poison debuff on random players in your group. That debuff is rather unpleasant because you can't really remove it while in combat, you have to let it run out for it to disappear. This poison exists in two "forms": a power drain, and a damage over time effect. Trying to remove the debuff activates its other "form" and resets the duration, so trying to remove this over and over again is a rather effective way of making sure you'll never get rid of this debuff. Let any poison you get run out, chain-mez the goblins and forget about them. Zabothak sacrifices them after some time, and the only case in which you'll want to kill those via dps is if they are still alive after Zabothak has been defeated.

Whirling Rend: A 360° AoE attack that places a wound DoT debuff on anyone being hit. You can run away as soon as he starts casting this (make sure to activate induction bars, they really help) to avoid the damage/DoT. You can survive this as long as the boss is not buffed (more on that later), so if your healers are not overwhelmed, you can ignore this and just have your captains/burglar remove the wound. If your group has problems surviving this, just move out of it. I'd recommend moving out of it as soon as the boss is buffed, though.

Bubble/Reflect: The boss places a temporary morale shield on himself and starts casting a damage reflect on himself at the same time. You can (and should) interrupt his cast via fellowship maneuver to disable the reflect, then burn through the shield. Probably the one skill that can kill you in phase 1 if your burglar or dps do not pay attention. Watch for the bubble to appear, then immediately stop ANY damage on the boss until his cast is finished or a maneuver has been placed. You don't need to actually do anything with this maneuver, stopping the boss from casting is what is important here.

Soft enrage/boss buffs: At around 30% morale, the boss will buff itself, doing much more damage. As far as I know there is no way to stop this from happening, so have your tank(s) use defensive cooldowns, mind his rend and finish him FAST.

I'd suggest placing Zabothak somewhere in the middle of the room to give your "free" tank time to catch the goblins before they reach the group, then have Lore-Master/Burglar mez them. Swap tanks as nessessary, and just burn Zabothak down as fast as possible while making sure nobody dies from reflect or rend. Not too hard to pull off, you'll just have to make sure to not ignore one of his abilities.

Rukhor:
    The interesting part of ID3. You might have noticed several cocoons spread around the outside of the room, and here is where they come into play.
    Rukhor himself has four main abilities you'll want to watch out for.

Tank incoming healing debuff: The tank holding aggro of Rukhor gets a debuff that lowers incoming healing by 10% each stack. You'll have to keep an eye on this as tank and, if your healer gets into trouble keeping you alive, swap positions with your second tank. You should know this from phase 1.

Power drain("What are you without your power?"): Rukhor will try to drain all raid members of their power. Simply have your tank (or somebody else) interrupt this.

Morale drain/heal: Rukhor will cast a red beam towards a random player, damaging him/her and healing himself in the process IF the player is not protected. You can protect yourself via two buffs granted by entering puddles dropped from killed "still cocoons". This is really only nessessary if you're actively trying to kill Rukhor, don't grab protection while still dealing with wiggling cocoons, more on that later.

Blood surge: Rukhor is tiering up a self buff. As soon as this buff reaches tier 10, he is able to unleash a massive AoE damage on the raid (that happens to also place a DoT on everyone, dealing even more damage) - that's his one really nasty ability. I don't know of any way to avoid this, we usually deal with it by having a runekeeper shielding the entire raid to weaken the initial hit and then just healing the DoT. No way to remove/avoid any of this, make sure you keep track of his buff though so you know when this is coming and can stack up, heal up and shield before it hits.

The Cocoons:
    There's two different kinds, still ones and wiggling ones.

The still ones place a puddle when killed, granting your group two seperate buffs for 30s that protect you from Rukhors healing beam. Be careful, you need to have both buffs active on all players at all times as soon as you start damaging Rukhor to prevent him from healing himself. You need to kill him before you run out of cocoons to protect you, there's no other way to get these buffs.

The wiggling ones contain adds. There's lots of different adds here, but basically you'll want to, at LEAST, kill the cocoon that contains the troll add and the one that contains the sulokil add (from the entrance, the smaller middle cocoon on the left is the troll and the large cocoon closer to the exit on the right is the sulokil). At 35% morale, Rukhor will destroy all remaining wiggling cocoons and sacrifice the adds within, gaining different buffs from each cocoon (most of them making him hit harder). Troll and Sulokil, however, also grant him damage reduction buffs, making it much harder to kill him. You can kill more cocoons if you run into trouble surviving after he buffed himself, but basically you'll have to kill him before his next blood surge after he buffed himself anyway, and tanks can use defensive cooldowns to survive until then.

TL;DR:
    Group gathers on the right side of the room (from the entrance), tank grabs Zabothak and pulls him close to the group. Damage Zabothak, interrupting reflects as they happen. At some point he'll call out for his adds, one tank will grab those, they get mezzed, then continue damaging Zabothak. When he buffs himself, run away from rends and continue damage afterwards. Adds are sacrificed most of the time, kill them after finishing Zabothak if they happen to still be alive at this point. Afterwards, everyone but one tank gathers at the troll cocoon. Kill the cocoon and then the troll as they activate (throw in a runekeeper bubble when the troll casts to mitigate the AoE damage if nessessary), afterwards, go and kill the sulokil (same thing with runekeeper bubble on cast here). Now wait for the boss to cast his beam, preparing a still cocoon while waiting. DO NOT KILL THE COCOON YET. After he did his beam, start damaging Rukhor. One of the players watches the time, and after about 10-15 seconds of damaging Rukhor, kill the cocoon and ALL move into the puddle. Continue damaging Rukhor, move on to the next still cocoon before your buffs run out. Ideally, stop damaging Rukhor at ~38% morale and have a look at his stacks, you'll want to wait for him to cast his blood surge before continuing so you have more time killing him after he buffed himself. Mind your cocoons though, if your group is rather slow you might not have time for this. After he buffed himself, have the tanks use up all defensive cooldowns they have, use oathbreaker and kill him FAST.

ID4 - Shelob:
    That fight is rather boring on tier 1, but gets difficult on higher tiers. I'll just explain what you need to know for tier 1.

Around the arena, there's two types of items you can pick up - 4 torches, and a phial. You can ignore the torches for tier 1, that mechanic simply doesn't exist there. You'll however need to have one player (ideally, someone with heavy armor that is not a tank) pick up the phial (close to the ramp leading upwards). You can pick up these items as soon as the fight activates, you can see them (but not interact with them) before, don't be startled. As soon as a player runs close to the ramp, a dialogue will play out betweeen some NPCs. Afterwards, Shelob will come dropping down from the ceiling. Have your tank stand outside the group with some distance and taunt her as soon as possible, ideally, before she touches the ground. Reason for that is, she does massive frontal AoE damage and Shelob oneshotting half your raid on pull should be avoided if possible. I'll split the fight into sections to make it easier to read.

First section: 100%-95%
    Shelob will come dropping from the ceiling. You'll want to have her facing away from the group at all times. She does two attacks you'll have to deal with, other than that, it's just getting her down to 95% while doing next to no damage because of her mitigations. She can turn around and put poison on multiple players, slowing them massively. You can remove this, however, you'll put down a puddle when doing so. Either have the entire group remove and then move, or have affected players remove it away from the group to deal with this. The other thing she does is spinning a random player (except for the one holding aggro of shelob) into a web, you have to "kill" the web to free the player as fast as possible, as she really likes doing that and you can end up with multiple players unable to do anything rather quickly.

First add wave:
    Shelob will retreat back to the ceiling once she hits 95%. At that point lots and lots of adds will come to eat you. You'll want to interrupt and defeat any spawners you can get a hold of first, they are able to summon more spiders. The rest of the adds in this first wave don't really do a lot on tier 1, so just kill as many adds as possible before Shelob returns (100 seconds total). Watch for the puddles she spits from the ceiling, don't stand in them.

Second section: 95%-65%
    Shelob will climb down from the ceiling again. On tier 1, you can just clear all remaining adds while having the tank taunt her and pull/turn her outside the group so nobody dies from her AoE. She'll basically do the same things she did in section 1, so make sure to get players out of webs and manage your puddles. Only mechanic added is, she can place the same puddles she spits down from the ceiling in add phases, only smaller. Move out of those as well. As soon as you cleared any remaining adds, the player holding onto the phial comes into play. You can use this item to topple Shelob, to temporarily remove her mitigations. Do as much damage as possible while she is toppled, then just rinse repeat first section until the phial can be used again (she has a buff showing the remaining time, 75s total cooldown).

Second add wave:
    Same as before, only this time flies are added into the mix. They can place the same DoT you might already know from the Thossulun encounter, and they can place a disease effect on group members. Just remove those, else you'll be feared. Just try to kill spawners again, taking out the flies as second priority might help, but otherwise it's just more of the same.

Third section: 65%-35%
    Shelob will climb down from the ceiling again. Clear the remaining adds, free players of webs, avoid/manage puddles, then topple her. Only mechanic added here, she places black (barely visible) puddles below the tank. You NEED to move out of those, make sure your tank moves in a way the group can follow without standing inside puddles. The rest should be well known by now.

Third add wave:
    Same as second add wave, only slightly more adds.

Fourth section: 35%-0%
    Depending on how many adds still are alive, you can either decide to ignore adds, topple and kill her right away or first kill adds and then topple her. Nothing new here.

Thanks, good write up and starting point.

I'm sure most everyone already knows ID1. Could you add ID2 for those poor souls stuck there?

Wow! I am amazed that you took the time to write all that out. Thank you so much for all the incredibly detailed information. I will definitely be reading your post over quite a few times! This seems to be more information about these bosses than I think is currently available anywhere else on the internet, so kudos to you.

Quote Originally Posted by CRUSHUC View Post

I'm sure most everyone already knows ID1. Could you add ID2 for those poor souls stuck there?
    Second boss is a dps race on Thossulun. Probably there is more than one way to do it but I can only speak for the tactic I use and found to be successful so far.

I'm using two tanks for this fight. Entire raid balls up in one spot, near the tank that will tank both the Daughter and Thossulun. Few seconds after Thossulun is activated, the Daughter will show up. No dps, just placing debuffs on both mobs, until the tank gets proper aggro of both.

Once the tank has aggro, dps starts on the Daughter. Need not to hurry with the Daughter. Save your big dps skills and buffs for the main boss (Thossulun). Adds will come, they need to be taken care of with AoE damage and CC skills. Sometimes, depending on the group, might have to focus more on adds. When Daughter is about to die, entire group moves behind the boss (Thossulun), because upon death, the Daughter will drop a puddle.

Once the Daughter is dead, entire group focus on Thossulun, in full force. Basically the group needs to phase Thossulun before the second Daughter appear. Adds will come but entire dps focus needs to be on the boss, so whatever dies from AoE damage is a plus, but all main dps, buffs and debuffs are on the boss.

Meanwhile other tank is kiting around beetles, away from the group. The first wave of beetles can also be killed per choice.

So for this particular fight and tactic, being dps race, decent amount of AoE and dps classes with good mastery and crit are needed. Usual problem here is the lack of damage. Need to save OB and big skills for Thossulun.

Sure, I can. There's quite a bit going on at the same time with this encounter, though, so you'll still have to find your own pace as a group.
    Thossulun encounter is separated into two main phases, the first one with Thossulun hanging from the wall inside her cave, stationary, and the second one with her moving around. Again, I'll divide that a bit further to make it easier.

First Phase:
    There's multiple types of enemies, each with their own set of skills, and with the room being rather large you need to also know where each of them originate from.

Starting off with the huge one, Thossulun herself, and her daughters. These are probably the first enemies you'll notice in this fight simply because of their size, and handling them correctly can make the fight much easier (or harder). Daughters spawn from positions 1 and 4 inside the room, starting off with 1 and then alternating between them. On bullroarer, there were at most five daughters that could be spawned and killed before Thossulun went into enrage and killed everyone, but ideally, you shouldn't need more than one. The next daughter spawns around 30s after the previous one died, if you're still in phase one at that point. Thossulun herself is pretty much immune to any damage at the beginning, but her daughters drop a puddle when killed that temporarily removes this mitigation. Have your tank grab aggro of Thossulun right after combat activation, and instantly after he should grab the first daughter right as she spawns. Positioning the daughter correctly is key to avoid unnessessary damage on this tank, and you'll need to be fast to achieve this to not have the daughter stand too close to Thossulun. Do not, under any circumstance, drop aggro from one of the two. Daughter and mother use basically the same skills, so I'll just explain them once.

Jaw Cleave: A frontal AoE distributed attack. Your tank should survive this just fine if daughter/mother are positioned correctly (more on that later), but if you run into trouble you can stack your entire raid except for one tank on top of the tank grabbing Thossulun+daughter to mitigate this. You need to be careful to always keep everyone up and stack closely together when playing that way, though.

Pheromones: There's two of these, one originating from Thossulun, and one from her daughters. They are both placed on the one player holding aggro, and you'll want to have them both on the same person, being the tank. Basically, both Thossulun and her daughters have the capability to oneshot using a skill called "Enraged Attack", they can use this on anyone holding aggro without being protected by the other ones pheromones (so daughter pheromones protect from Thossulun oneshot, and vice versa). Hold aggro of both daughter and Thossulun on the same tank at all times to avoid this killing you.

Proximity damage increase aura: This increases the damage of any mob that happens to stand inside it. You can drastically decrease incoming damage on your tank holding Thossulun/daughter if you position them in a way that both Thossulun and her daughter are in melee with the tank holding them without having their auras overlap. It's possible to play ID2 with aura buff active on both Thossulun and daughter, but again, if you run into trouble keeping your tank alive, you should definitely reposition your group to prevent the auras overlapping. The easiest way to do that is, have your tank stand on the side of Thossulun, just barely in melee with her (NEVER leave melee with Thossulun!), then have him turn around towards position 1 and immediately taunt her daughter as soon as possible. She'll then run up to the tank but stop just barely far enough away to not share the aura. It should look something like the screenshot below, with the daughter standing on the left side of my hobbit.

Acrid Gas: Thossulun can place this poison DoT on the entire Raid, you'll have to just heal through it if she uses it. This should really only happen anymore if your tank happens to leave melee with Thossulun. It did occur much more frequently when Remmorchant was first released, but it being used in phase one is pretty much fixed by now.

Adds:
    There's two kinds of adds on tier 1, with more being added into the mix on higher tiers. On tier 1, adds spawn every 60s starting at 15s into combat at position 3, then alternating between positions 3 and 5. Wave composition is fixed, though it might be too much to list all compositions here, they are not that complicated on tier 1 after all. First three waves are as follows: (1: 3 Gredbyg; 2: 3 Beetles; 3: 1 Beetle, 3 Gredbyg)

Explosive Beetles: They don't do that much, they are slow and can (and should!) be kited pretty easy without any healing on the tank nessessary. They however tier up a buff the longer they live, as soon as this buff hits tier 5, they will explode, dealing massive AoE damage in a really rather large radius around them, and anyone not a tank being hit by this should pretty much be dead. Have a tank taunt them all as they spawn, and kite them as far away from the group as possible. First ones spawn in wave 2 at 1:15 combat time, at position 5.

Winged Grodbog: These guys are interesting. They CAN be tanked, but can't be taunted. Basically, these will hit your dps/healers most of the time and you'll just have to heal whatever damage they do. They also have a poison DoT they can put on a random player, so you'll want to keep up debuffs on them. First ones spawn in wave 1 at 0:15 combat time, at position 3, and these should die before the daughter. Put down as many stuns as you can get without losing group damage to prevent some damage, you can swap and focus kill them if nessessary but should be avoided most of the time to not loose too much time.

The first phase should play out something like this:
    Have your group gather on the right side of Thossulun (facing her), then have your tank run over to the left of Thossulun on his position, grabbing aggro of Thossulun while running and aggro of the daughter as soon as she spawns. The group follows as soon as the tank grabbed aggro of both, and positions itself behind the daughter, facing Thossulun again. Start dealing damage to the daughter as soon as everyone is positioned correctly. The first wave of adds will spawn soon after, have your Lore-Master debuff them and try to kill them via AoE damage, but keep on damaging the daughter as long as your healers are able to keep up with incoming damage. You should really only focus the gredbyg if absolutely nessessary to stop a wipe. When the daughter is close to death, your tank should move in front of Thossulun, reason for that being that the puddle dropped by the daughter has to touch Thossulun in order to remove her mitigations. Move in to deal damage to Thossulun at this point, using all damage support you can get (including oathbreaker) to burn her down to 50%. Ideally, you'll just need one daughter to do that, but if you need more time, rinse repeat the same strategy on the other side of Thossulun with her second daughter. Have your second tank at the ready to grab and kite the beetles spawning at 1:15 combat time so they don't interfere with damage on Thossulun. When she drops to 50%, position your entire group except for the two tanks inside the cave where Thossulun started.

Second Phase:
    Thossulun will separate from her lower body and come jumping out of her cave. Add waves will continue to spawn at that point, but if you've been fast enough, no more daughters should spawn (if they do, you've been about 2-5 seconds too slow in triggering phase 2). Her second phase is, basically, a damage race, but you'll still need to control what is happening. Have your second tank continue to taunt and kite beetles as they spawn, and have him keep them as far away from the group as possible. Thossulun will start off phase two right in front of her cave, and you should tank her just there if possible. She gains three additional skills:

Acrid Gas: This time, you can't avoid this poison DoT being placed on your group. You need to heal it, there's no getting around it.

Puddles: Thossulun places acid puddles right below herself, so you need to mind where and how you position her so you don't block your own path.

Kick: Thossulun can kick a random player pretty far away. Anyone able to should be positioned with their backs close to a wall, because Thossulun likes to chase the player she just kicked away. Standing next to a wall keeps her from moving too much (and placing puddles everywhere she goes, and she is FAST). Don't chase her down if she happens to target your second (beetle-)tank, wait for her to return, stay together so healers have a chance keeping you alive. And yeah, she loves kicking the same person multiple times in a row without your character even touching the ground, that is perfectly normal.

She still has her jaw cleave from phase one, she however looses access to pheromones and damage increase aura, so no need worrying about these two anymore. She also permanently looses her mitigations.

Second phase should play out something like this:
    Everyone but the two tanks gather right where Thossulun is in phase 1. Beetle tank just keeps on doing what he is doing. Boss tank should position himself in a 90 degree angle to the group, with Thossulun being in the middle. Taunt her as soon as possible and hope she doesn't want to kick your boss tank all across the room, if she does, try your best to reposition her in a way the group can still hug the wall where Thossuluns cave is. Don't move her around more than nessessary though, if both boss tank and group have their backs against a wall without standing in puddles, you'll be fine. Not having her move at all is ideal, but not always possible. From this point onward, all you'll want to do is damage Thossulun and stun gredbyg. Don't kill anything other than Thossulun, you'll just get overwhelmed by waves spawning in. Have your Lore-Master debuff whatever add is in range to lower incoming damage and use all group offensive and defensive cooldowns you can get (most of the offensive ones will come off cooldown from phase one burn at some point during phase two, just immediately reapply them).

Good luck & loot y'all!

26.1 patch notes - reduced adds to Thossulun fight. Anyone have any details other then this? Less flyers? Less beetles?

Hopefully more groups will attempt and beat it, the current boss 1 and side farms are a bit boring.

26.1 patch notes - reduced adds to Thossulun fight. Anyone have any details other then this? Less flyers? Less beetles?

Hopefully more groups will attempt and beat it, the current boss 1 and side farms are a bit boring.
    cannot talk about t1, but in t2 there are 2 instead of 3 flyers/beetles per wave.

Lots of good info in this thread.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

you can have an airtight strat, well co-ordinated players and perfect execution, but if you cant make the dps checks its all for naught.

Mortem Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post
    you can have an airtight strat, well co-ordinated players and perfect execution, but if you cant make the dps checks its all for naught.
    Honestly, I've never once seen that happen in many years of raiding. Players that are able to flawlessly execute every mechanic thrown at them usually are also able to play their classes well, and in that case all of them will do more than enough damage to make it past the dps checks Remmorchant tier 1 throws at them. If we're talking about higher tiers, that might, depending on class composition, very well be different, but is largely a topic of class and content balance then. I just tried to offer some degree of help understanding the mechanics of Remmorchant, for all players out there that depend on PUG runs to clear Remmorchant, or for groups lacking the experience to find out everything themselves. This is not supposed to offer an "airtight strat" for all tiers, this is supposed to offer a starting point for getting into tier 1 of Remmorchant, where there should be no problems getting to the needed "numbers" if everyone knows what their class can do.

That being said, if your group happens to have problems you feel are related to not getting to the needed numbers, feel free to reply or contact me via PM. Whatever experience I have I can offer to try and help you and your group.

thanks for your helpfull observations.

T1 is a cakewalk, its the upper tiers where you have to go all in with every trick up your sleeve including DPS weapon swapping to max dps and still fall short.

i mean we used to swap gear in combat also to maximize output but thats no longer an option. so like i said before the dps check is a hard wall some people will never get past in upper tiers.
    Last edited by subadar; May 22 2020 at 01:50 PM.

Mortem Tyrannis

Thanks again for this guide. I have cleared the raid now a couple of times since you published this and it has helped no end. After you’ve done it once, it really does feel so simple - it’s the initial explaining/learning that is the hard part.

Quote Originally Posted by subadar View Post
    I know what he means by this. I have been in a few groups, both before and after clearing it myself, where there is a good raid leader, and the group is following all the instructions correctly, but you can just tell that the fight is lasting too long and sooner or later everyone is gonna wipe. Sometimes it’s gear, sometimes rotations, but it is definitely possible to fail this when slow DPS is the only weak link. After all, the longer you spend fighting, the more opportunities there are for mistakes, and especially on Rukhor, if you run out of still cocoons, then that’s pretty much it.