We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't log in

Question Can't log in

I mentioned I thought my account may have been logged into by someone other than myself in chat and decided to change password even though i wasn't totally sure this was true today. Now i cannot log back in!!! Why??? I changed the password but it now won't allow me to login with either old nor new password. What is going on and please help asap. I also cannot log to anything on the old turbine account login page nor the SSG help page also will not let me log in. HELP. Thanks.

Exclamation I can't loggin

A month ago I left request #119552 and still have not received an answer! I can’t enter the forum or the game. Please help me!

Quote Originally Posted by evanation_2 View Post
    A month ago I left request #119552 and still have not received an answer! I can’t enter the forum or the game. Please help me!
    Ditto here. My request #119365 is more than a month old at this point. They're *real* quick to close or merge subsequent requests that they consider duplicates, but I haven't gotten a single communication on my original ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by tomservo3k View Post
    Ditto here. My request #119365 is more than a month old at this point. They're *real* quick to close or merge subsequent requests that they consider duplicates, but I haven't gotten a single communication on my original ticket.
    Ditto! I invested a lot of money in the game. I bought add-ons and LP. How can I get a response from administrators?

Unhappy I also can't log in. I'm perma-VIP.

I was a lifetime subscriber that got rolled into Turbine and now into StandingStone. I've come back to participate in the anniversary stuff and check on my points. I *can* login to my account profile just fine -- I just can't log into the game nor the forums with my username & password (the acct I'm posting from right now is a new acct so I could even post!). I reset my password and everything; it just doesn't work for the game/forums.

I submitted a ticket (Request #124770) but from what people are saying, I don't have much hope it'll be addressed in a timely fashion which is disappointing and I'll probably miss the anniversary altogether at this rate.

Sorry for posting here instead of starting my own thread...I can't even post a new thread yet bc this is a new account. Brilliant stuff.

\/\/\/ lol. Mine is a 100% fresh install.
    Last edited by VictoryGin; Apr 28 2020 at 11:20 PM.

To all of you: Have you tried uninstalling LOTRO and then reinstalling.

I was having many problems after this latest update.
    I did an uninstall, then reinstalled the game (from the Download tab in the Forums) and it solved my problems (this time).
    It only took an hour for me. It may take longer depending on your gear.

Good luck.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

for some reason i cannot login to lotro game servers just get spinning circle when i launch the game

Quote Originally Posted by tomservo3k View Post
    Two weeks now and no response (other than the usual automated response). I cannot log into my so-called lifetime VIP account, I cannot log into my account information, I could not even log into the forums until I made this new account. Ticket No. 159352 - all I need is access to my account. HOW HARD IS THAT?

STILL trying to get customer support to respond to my ticket. Twenty-three days and counting. If SSG does not have a customer service department, fine - say so. It is pretty useless to file a ticket over a hacked account when no one ever answers it.

Five weeks and counting! I wonder what the record is for being ignored by SSG?

Not sure if this is related to the problems any of you are having but I think there's something wrong with the password reset system.

I've just reset my password (long time, couldn't remember) and after going through the process (successfully?) I couldn't log in to the game or the very page I had used to perform the reset (https://myaccount.standingstonegames.com).
    Tried a few more times, same result.
    It doesn't show any success/failure message, though.
    So I tried again, this time with a simper password (only letters and numbers) and now I can log in everywhere.
    It is possible that I failed to enter the correct password several times paying a lot of attention, but I think that's unlikely. And so, I think maybe the system is silently failing to accept some of the characters in the input.

Anyways, you could try that...

I opened ticket #155670 three months ago, provided all the information they requested, including pictures of my original collector's edition box and game code.
    Still have had absolutely no response from them.
    I paid $200 for the collector's edition, with a lifetime subscription. Now, I can't even log in.

Diegoc had said, "So I tried again, this time with a simpler password (only letters and numbers) and now I can log in everywhere."

This totally worked for me too! I had the same problem where I could log in to the account page, but not the game. As soon as I simplified the password it suddenly let me play instantly! There must be certain characters that will fail it completely- just so you know! ^^
    <3

The problem is, it never gives me the chance to change my password. I think your suggestion of trying a simpler password is good, but first I have to get that option. I never receive the email that would allow me to do so. We were able to successfully change the password on my husband's account, so it does work at least sometimes. Just not for me. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Anyway, two months and counting. I am thinking of starting a pool online to see who can guess when customer "service" gets to me. I am guessing at least four months.

Quote Originally Posted by RowellTheOriginal View Post
    I opened ticket #155670 three months ago, provided all the information they requested, including pictures of my original collector's edition box and game code.
    Still have had absolutely no response from them.
    I paid $200 for the collector's edition, with a lifetime subscription. Now, I can't even log in.
    I feel for you! Between my husband and me, we have two collector's editions ($400) and two lifetime subscriptions. Fortunately, he can still play although he refuses to do so until I am able to as well. I strongly suspect they deliberately ignore the lifetime and free accounts when it comes to customer lack-of-serivce, because they assume they will get no further money out of us. Considering I never met a cash-shop mount I didn't have to have, that seems like a bad assumption.

Gustavo_Oph Guest

Unhappy Username/Password Incorrect. Reset password doesn't solve the problem.

Hello everyone with same problem...
    I can't login to my account in any SSG pages or game.

My account is linked to my email therefore i can use the "forgot your username" and "forgot your password" however username didn't change and reset password doesn't work at all. I've tried few times now with simpler or more complex passwords. In the end, aways get same message...
    "The username and/or password provided is incorrect. Please try again. Username and password are case sensitive."

So I created a new account trying to reach the forum (but cannot creat a new thread) or in game suport.
    A little detail... i was playing at night without issues, went to to bed and few hours latter this problem started.... makes sense? None...

The future of Barasthruil is clouded!

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo_Oph View Post
    Hello everyone with same problem...
    I can't login to my account in any SSG pages or game.

My account is linked to my email therefore i can use the "forgot your username" and "forgot your password" however username didn't change and reset password doesn't work at all. I've tried few times now with simpler or more complex passwords. In the end, aways get same message...
    "The username and/or password provided is incorrect. Please try again. Username and password are case sensitive."

So I created a new account trying to reach the forum (but cannot creat a new thread) or in game suport.
    A little detail... i was playing at night without issues, went to to bed and few hours latter this problem started.... makes sense? None...

The future of Barasthruil is clouded!
    My son has the same problem on his account !!!!
    He can't even enter the forum!
    Password recovery - a letter comes - the password changes - writes that the password has been changed successfully, but upon entering it again gives an error !!!
    Last logged into the game 12 hours ago.
    I went to the party instance of the Library and left the game.
    Today, the launcher first gave an error that it could not queue up on the server, then it gave out that the password did not match ...

request (171327) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.
    Last edited by PepsUS; May 29 2021 at 09:39 AM.

Day 132. Still no word from customer "support." I am beginning to give up hope of ever seeing my "lifetime" account again. At least there is Facebook, where I can read about all the fun things SSG is planning for whoever can still log into this game.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Answermyticketplease View Post
    Day 132. Still no word from customer "support." I am beginning to give up hope of ever seeing my "lifetime" account again. At least there is Facebook, where I can read about all the fun things SSG is planning for whoever can still log into this game.
    Lifetime accounts are being locked (banned) without owners knowledge, it will display incorrect user/pass.
    Filing a ticket is helpless and will receive no response. If there happens to be a response, they will ask you to prove you are the original owner and ask everything provided upon account creation 12-14 years ago. (and) Goodluck finding all info including product codes from emails sent a decade ago.
    My hypothesis is that lifetime accounts do not generate sufficient revenue for the Standing Stone Game team, and will be labeled as "undesirable" and treated accordingly.

This classifies as borderline fraud and criminal activity from the companies side and deserves to be investigated.
    Last edited by Bullet99; Jun 07 2021 at 12:03 PM.

Exclamation Admin Response

If any blue name wants to give an explanation of what is truly happening I will love to hear it

But until then I will be working to file evidence for fraudulent business practices

Gustavo_Oph Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PepsUS View Post
    My son has the same problem on his account !!!!
    He can't even enter the forum!
    Password recovery - a letter comes - the password changes - writes that the password has been changed successfully, but upon entering it again gives an error !!!
    Last logged into the game 12 hours ago.
    I went to the party instance of the Library and left the game.
    Today, the launcher first gave an error that it could not queue up on the server, then it gave out that the password did not match ...

request (171327) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.
    How its working for you guys? Did you pass the account verification step?
    Good luck for you guys. I'm out of hope already.

greetings,

Having the same issue, i've redownloaded lotro after a year of being absent and can not login anymore on my main account (jonasty32). But I can log on my alt account which has nothing. Seems to be a problem with accounts that have actually spent in game money or real money as that is what I've done with my main. I'm not planning to spend another 400ish euros and 2 years game time to unlock everything again when I know I have a main account ready to use. That is if i'm actually able to login to the game as I'm not able to log in anymore (even after resetting the pass correctly using the official SSG account site). I hope a solution and a propper analysis of the cause of the problem gets announced. Hoping this will never happen again in the future to anyone.

Kind regards,

Jon

Krystarla Guest
    I can't login on my other account at all, not online, not through the launcher or even in the forums. I even reset the password multiple times.
    The account name is "Nitroster" and I submitted tickets through the one area I was able to login through, but with no answer 20 days +
    Help please!

Listen folks.
    I understand that you are pissed.

I would be too.

But think about it. Why would SSG treat Lifetimers in such a way as to discourage them from spending money?

We (Lifers) have already proven that we are willing and able to spend our money on this game.
    Being a Lifer proves it.

So, why in the world would they think that there is no more money to be drawn from that well?

They are not trying to squeeze us out and take our money and run.
    They want more of our money!

Yes, they have a lot to learn about how to run a Customer Service department.
    Yes, they are failing miserably at it.

But complain about that.
    Don't make up fantasies about how it is some kind of conspiracy.

Inept they are.
    Thieves they are not.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

Gustavo_Oph Guest

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Listen folks.
    I understand that you are pissed.

I would be too.

But think about it. Why would SSG treat Lifetimers in such a way as to discourage them from spending money?

We (Lifers) have already proven that we are willing and able to spend our money on this game.
    Being a Lifer proves it.

So, why in the world would they think that there is no more money to be drawn from that well?

They are not trying to squeeze us out and take our money and run.
    They want more of our money!

Yes, they have a lot to learn about how to run a Customer Service department.
    Yes, they are failing miserably at it.

But complain about that.
    Don't make up fantasies about how it is some kind of conspiracy.

Inept they are.
    Thieves they are not.

.... Quite few accounts with same problem, Lifers or not (mine is not). What I would like the most is some transparency (bet some other people too). Come true about what is going on and how long will take to fix it.
    Until anyone comes out, all conspiracy fantasies are allowed and welcome... Lack of comunication only fuels ignorance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast