We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can't log in

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo_Oph View Post
    .... Quite few accounts with same problem, Lifers or not (mine is not). What I would like the most is some transparency (bet some other people too). Come true about what is going on and how long will take to fix it.
    Until anyone comes out, all conspiracy fantasies are allowed and welcome... Lack of comunication only fuels ignorance.
    OK then.
    It's the Russian malware distributers that are causing all of these difficulties.
    I know, because...well, because I just know.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Listen folks.
    I understand that you are pissed.

I would be too.

But think about it. Why would SSG treat Lifetimers in such a way as to discourage them from spending money?

We (Lifers) have already proven that we are willing and able to spend our money on this game.
    Being a Lifer proves it.

So, why in the world would they think that there is no more money to be drawn from that well?

They are not trying to squeeze us out and take our money and run.
    They want more of our money!

Yes, they have a lot to learn about how to run a Customer Service department.
    Yes, they are failing miserably at it.

But complain about that.
    Don't make up fantasies about how it is some kind of conspiracy.

Inept they are.
    Thieves they are not.
    I agree that it makes no sense. My account is the one affected, not my husband's, and I have wasted so much money in cash shops (including LotRO's) that it is downright embarrassing. Heck, I once got a gold plated Ferengi ship in STO as a thank you for spending so much money on pixels. Those of us who ponied up for lifetime accounts (and, in our case, two lifetime accounts) can be reliably counted on to continue to fill the game coffers. So again, it makes no sense.

But at some point, misfeasance becomes malfeasance, and SSG crossed that line months ago for me.

Krystarla Guest
    I am surprised anyone is even writing posts on this forum, since I can't login to both the forums and the game launcher through my "Nitroster" account

Daefaeroth Guest
    And this is now happening to me. Yesterday I logged in at 10pm easily. This morning, my login no longer works despite there being zero changes to my login information. I changed my password four times, swapped out my keyboard in case a specific key was a problem during password entry, and Lotro still says it has a problem with either my user id or my password. And the userid, which hasn't changed in years, worked just fine yesterday. I opened a ticket on SSG's website. My affected account (not the one I'm posting this reply from ) is also a lifetime account with thousands of dollars (literally) spent on it over close to 14 years.

Has this problem been resolved for anyone who has posted to this forum thread? Did any of you ever get your account access working again?

Hey there

I read the whole comments. I have the same problem. i Dont understand what is this problem, but i see now... A loooot of players suffer with this...

Cmon Standing Stones...we want to play, Cos we are PAYING for it!

I have this problem since 3 days before. (reset my password nearly 15 times, and nothing)

Quote Originally Posted by Daefaeroth View Post
    And this is now happening to me. Yesterday I logged in at 10pm easily. This morning, my login no longer works despite there being zero changes to my login information. I changed my password four times, swapped out my keyboard in case a specific key was a problem during password entry, and Lotro still says it has a problem with either my user id or my password. And the userid, which hasn't changed in years, worked just fine yesterday. I opened a ticket on SSG's website. My affected account (not the one I'm posting this reply from ) is also a lifetime account with thousands of dollars (literally) spent on it over close to 14 years.

Has this problem been resolved for anyone who has posted to this forum thread? Did any of you ever get your account access working again?
    I have heard of a few players getting fixed, usually after about six months. Last Friday, on Day 137 since I filed my ticket, I finally got a response asking me for more information, which I promptly provided. Since then - nothing. Maybe in another 4-5 months I will get a second response, but at this point I really doubt my account will ever be restored.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Listen folks.
    I understand that you are pissed.

I would be too.

But think about it. Why would SSG treat Lifetimers in such a way as to discourage them from spending money?

We (Lifers) have already proven that we are willing and able to spend our money on this game.
    Being a Lifer proves it.

So, why in the world would they think that there is no more money to be drawn from that well?

They are not trying to squeeze us out and take our money and run.
    They want more of our money!

Yes, they have a lot to learn about how to run a Customer Service department.
    Yes, they are failing miserably at it.

But complain about that.
    Don't make up fantasies about how it is some kind of conspiracy.

Inept they are.
    Thieves they are not.
    The matter of fact that they are not giving any explicit answer to why no actions are taken to recover these accounts or to even give a hint to why this isn't working is already a form of scamming which is stealing. Most people have spend time of their lives on this game (literally actually years like me) because they enjoyed the. We gave money towards Turbine and/or Standing Stones Games because we wanted to support those companies in order to update and improve the game as needed and of course to make this a possibility by funding the staff.

Now, by taking away the possibility to play on accounts that we have spent literal years of our own dedication and work to it, SSG is shooting itself in the foot. this shows a lack of respect towards other pple their work and of course just demotivates everyone to even try to play this game. What's the point of putting effort into something if you're just getting forced to stop and start all over again while you never even asked for that. It's like when you were saving for something to buy or obtain for your own and someone else takes that away from you and says; "better start all over again because i'm taking your rewards for my own".

Now it could be that SSG staff is looking into this situation and is trying to solve this problem. If so then there should be at least some confirmation or an update on what's going on with this and what's going to happen next to take back control.

But if this is a way of forcing the players to start all over again then I will be very surprised that this game will even last for another year as this is gonna be evern worse than the update with the lootbox/keys being removed and lotro becomming a 100% time consuming game with 5% fun time while back in the rohan/gondor days this game was all about exploring and enjoying the game instead of only grinding insanely for 1% of stat increase.

In short: I do like this game for the heavily lotro lore theme and the experience itself and the insane amount of content this game provides. But the negatives have outwaged the postives for about 3-4 years now (a few months after mordor came out). And I do believe these negatives (lack of support, greed from SSG, changing the game into a nonstop grindfest without any remorse for your social life,...) kept on stacking up to a point to a point of no return. It's sad to say but I'm just waiting now and hope the new lotro mmo learns from this and will not make these mistakes again. I do not see any reason to start a new account for the sake of redoing everything for no reason at all than to just get my progress removed,

Sincerely,

Jon

P.S.

This is not even remotely funny to see.

They aren't allowing me to post more than 6 images per post so I guess i'll do 3 posts then.

Quote Originally Posted by Daefaeroth View Post

UPDATE:
    The cause of my lack of access has been explained. And it was all my own fault.

A gold spammer sent me a personal tell in-game that was an ad for gold, including a link used to hack player accounts. I warned the player base using world chat and posted a short part of the tell as an example of what other players should watch out for. Apparently, it wasn't short enough. It led to my account being taken for a gold spammer and a temporary ban placed on it. Fortunately, one of SSG's senior customer support engineers, +Adahrel, very quickly figured it out and reversed the ban. So basically, my problem was the fault of my stupidity for posting even a part of a gold spammer's post. My account is back up and accessible to me. Lesson learned. Any further warnings to other players will be in my own words.

I'll go crawl under a rock in embarrassment now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daefaroth View Post
    UPDATE:
    The cause of my lack of access has been explained. And it was all my own fault.

A gold spammer sent me a personal tell in-game that was an ad for gold, including a link used to hack player accounts. I warned the player base using world chat and posted a short part of the tell as an example of what other players should watch out for. Apparently, it wasn't short enough. It led to my account being taken for a gold spammer and a temporary ban placed on it. Fortunately, one of SSG's senior customer support engineers, +Adahrel, very quickly figured it out and reversed the ban. So basically, my problem was the fault of my stupidity for posting even a part of a gold spammer's post. My account is back up and accessible to me. Lesson learned. Any further warnings to other players will be in my own words.

I'll go crawl under a rock in embarrassment now.
    You mean there actually IS a HUMAN that monitors tickets?! While you have their ear, can you send them to this thread so maybe the rest of us can get some attention?

Thanks and congratulations!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2